Home

Pre-Play Controls

This is a discussion on Pre-Play Controls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Pre-Play Controls

On Defense the thing that frustrates me the most is cycling through my players by mashing the b button repeatedly to get to the player I want to change... Can we please have a joystick control this so when I'm the DT i can hit up twice and be changing a safety's assignment instead of b 9 times... then i can hit left or right instead of mashing to get to him quickly and accidentally ending up one person past him and having to hit b 10 more times.

I have always wanted this and see no reason why it shouldn't be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Pre-Play Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
On Defense the thing that frustrates me the most is cycling through my players by mashing the b button repeatedly to get to the player I want to change... Can we please have a joystick control this so when I'm the DT i can hit up twice and be changing a safety's assignment instead of b 9 times... then i can hit left or right instead of mashing to get to him quickly and accidentally ending up one person past him and having to hit b 10 more times.

I have always wanted this and see no reason why it shouldn't be.
Well you can... Madden has implemented the 2k controls for a while now.

YOu hold down a button then cycle through players using the D-pad...or analog, I forget... but basically if you are on the DT and you want to go to the MLB you just hold down this button and press up, and you'reon the MLB.

I think the system could be better... I don't like how they use tiers where its the D-line level, LBer Leve and safety level... I would just prefer that they do away with the tiers and simply let me go to whoever is above my LBEr..to whoever is to the right of my DT regardless of wheather htey are a Dline or not...

But for the most part it works pretty well.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

hmm, why this isn't the set way to change players is beyond me... why do I need to hold said button to do this? I'll look it up cause this system is much better in my hypothetical mind
Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
hmm, why this isn't the set way to change players is beyond me... why do I need to hold said button to do this? I'll look it up cause this system is much better in my hypothetical mind
Just hold down the switch player button and move the cursor with the thumbstick. Does not get any easier?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yeah you just hold down.. uhmm... I think its X .. I don't remember.. but you hold down a button then use the analog or D-pad I THINK to move around the field. Its the same as 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »