Home

Twitters of Donny

This is a discussion on Twitters of Donny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Twitters of Donny

Another area where tom will take a hit should be his injury rating. Hopefully they will put in a progressive injury system like head coach (head coach's system had problems but the core idea was great). This way if teams are able to get to a guy like brady quite a bit then it will really slow his recovery and possibly lead to more injuries. This could lead to timid play being required while he gets his knee's durability built back up. One thing about these injuries is when you first come back there is often a lot of timidness on those knees as well as initially a higher chance of reinjury.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #42

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Daunte relied on his strength and his legs more than tom does though. Tom should lose a lot in terms of speed and agility but those things were weak point anyway. His throw on the run might take a hit. His throw power should take two hits, one down to where he really was before the injury (92 or 93) and then another one of a couple points due to loss of strength.

Blowing out your knee is going to take a lot of your top end power where you really have to step into your throws but won't take much away from the medium to short passes where tom make his living. These areas of his game are what will allow him to maintain.

Merriman on the other hand will lose speed in terms of madden ratings has always been one of his strong points. He will also lose some agility, some strenght (really don't know about this with one ratings covering all strength as he will probably lose lower body strenght but not so much on the upper body strength. Really need another rating here) he will possibly lose some hit power with his explosiveness but not too much, he will lose some jumping ability. A lot of those ratings are things tom doesn't use a whole lot that merriman usses all the time. This could lead to a larger overall hit to him.
Yeah i agree with that. Finally got a good post out of someone where they aren't protecting brady just b/c he's a QB, and his legs are not as important when they clearly are for any player as they say.

He has alot more important rating in 09 than Brady so it makes sense he would take a bigger ratings hit even though most of em don't really go into effect in madden 09.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #43
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

A QB like Tom Brady is very different than a OLB like Merriman. OLBs rely on their physical prowess to dominate a game and then their knowledge. QBs rely on their knowledge of the game first then thier physical skills. Merriman is a great linebacker because he is also very smart. there is nothing wrong with Merriman taking a hit is physical ratings becasue players like Mike Vrable aren't the fastest or strongest and are still some of the best OLBs in football. Brady shouldn't be imune to the injury, but his overall shouldn't be as altered by the decrease. Awareness, THP, and THA are what determine hw good a QB is in Madden and the leg should only alter his THP. Palmer is still one of the better QBs in the NFL, he just plays for a bad team. His leg didn't kill him, his $hitty team did. Culpepper, imo, was really just a product of randy moss and a good Line. People quickly forget that he had more than a fair share of probelms after he lost Moss before he got hurt. We just think of that as the seasn he got hurt and write it off like that was all. IMO, he was a QB tha relied on the great dep ball he threw and his ability to make a play on the run.

Funny ot me how the Vikings are known historically for thier mobile QBs. Tarkington in the begining with Cunningham, Culpepper, and Jackson in the last 10 years.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #44
All Star

OVR: 33

Here's my take on Brady's ratings.

Awareness - Same

STHA - Same

MTHA - Same

DTHA - Lowered

THP - Lowered heavily (overated in 09)

Throw on the run - lowered

Injury - lowered heaps

agility - lowered but does it matter

speed - lowered

acceleration - lowered
Old 04-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 5

Leg injuries will effect different QB's differently. It all depends on how much a QB relies on his legs for their power.

I'm a GB fan, but I remember watching the Oilers Dan Pastarini, in total amazment, play when he could barely walk. Most of his throwing power came from his upper body and arm. The guy was amazing. Lynne Dickey was another guy that could throw well w/o legs.

Guys who are technically sound and generate power through there legs will take a hit in ability. IMO, I think Brady will be effected more than people think, but only time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Leg injuries will effect different QB's differently. It all depends on how much a QB relies on his legs for their power.

I'm a GB fan, but I remember watching the Oilers Dan Pastarini, in total amazment, play when he could barely walk. Most of his throwing power came from his upper body and arm. The guy was amazing. Lynne Dickey was another guy that could throw well w/o legs.

Guys who are technically sound and generate power through there legs will take a hit in ability. IMO, I think Brady will be effected more than people think, but only time will tell.
I think he will lose a decent amount of strength but he will still be able to rack up yards throwing underneath to wes. A lot will really depend on first whether randy has lost a step a it looked like he had last year, and second, if he did then if they can find another great deep threat to allow him that deep game that allowed wes to really excel.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #47

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I think he will lose a decent amount of strength but he will still be able to rack up yards throwing underneath to wes. A lot will really depend on first whether randy has lost a step a it looked like he had last year, and second, if he did then if they can find another great deep threat to allow him that deep game that allowed wes to really excel.
How old is ol randy anyway I know he been in the game a while now???
If he 34 or 35 he might not have what he used to have 2 seasons ago. He is still a great deep threat but once you hit that age your speed definitly comes into question.

We seen it with Marvin harrison, I still can't believe he's not a colt just b/c he didn't want to be under paid. Thats just being selfish!!! I get you want to be paid what you feel your worth, but come on if your that old you should expect a salery drop with less contract yrs.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 04-13-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
How old is ol randy anyway I know he been in the game a while now???
If he 34 or 35 he might not have what he used to have 2 seasons ago. He is still a great deep threat but once you hit that age your speed definitly comes into question.

We seen it with Marvin harrison, I still can't believe he's not a colt just b/c he didn't want to be under paid. Thats just being selfish!!! I get you want to be paid what you feel your worth, but come on if your that old you should expect a salery drop with less contract yrs.
Moss I believe is 32 entering his 12th season. But I think he'll return to form with Brady back at QB IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »