Home

Madden 10 World Premiere Video to Air on 4/23.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 World Premiere Video to Air on 4/23. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 10 World Premiere Video to Air on 4/23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Is this going to be the usual Over-the-top CGI movie that has nothing to do with how the actual game will look?

Or will it use actual, in-game footage that we will actually be playing ourselves when the game ships?
Ian said it will be gameplay footage.....
Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ian's latest blog said "gameplay footage" so I'm guessing it's actual in-game action.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 12

In fact, I don't even want to see a dramatized movie - I want to see two normal guys playing against each other in a quick 3 min quarters game that shows off the actual game.

I don't want to see one of those Under Armor/Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome movies.

Just show the game in it's current form.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #76
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
Ian's latest blog said "gameplay footage" so I'm guessing it's actual in-game action.
I still suppose it'll have that instant replay-esqe look to it. It'll probably be gameplay action, but it'll likely have that look that has some people saying, "That's not in-game action!" Happens about every year.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #77
MVP

You could have sold me ESPN NFL2K5 just buy setting up a brief CPU vs. CPU game and letting the most basic game mode show itself off - it was that good. And it highlighted the amazing atmosphere and presentation of that game.

If Madden 10 is as good as people are hyping it up to be, then they should set up a basic CPU vs. CPU game and let the computer duke it out.

If there's anything noteworthy or exciting about the game presentation this year, we'll find out right away just from that.

The game should sell itself, IMO - if you have to sex it up with a over-the-top movie and make it look more exciting then it actually is, then it's going to disappoint. Remember the first Next-Gen Madden stills and movies? Then you bought the game and you're wondering why McNabb and Strahan never looked as good as they did in the promo shots... We don't need that again.

Lets just see what the game looks like on it's own merit for once.

Last edited by Netherscourge; 04-23-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
In fact, I don't even want to see a dramatized movie - I want to see two normal guys playing against each other in a quick 3 min quarters game that shows off the actual game.

I don't want to see one of those Under Armor/Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome movies.

Just show the game in it's current form.
NO... Once again...You have to think outside of the box. There are more casual fans then there are hardcore and showing 3 minutes of gameplay will be boring to 80% of people.

Im perfectly fine with them showing a dramatized trailer demonstrating all of the new features and tech that is in Madden 10. You think the marketing team for EA is that dumb to show just a far out view of the game as its 1st promo?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
NO... Once again...You have to think outside of the box. There are more casual fans then there are hardcore and showing 3 minutes of gameplay will be boring to 80% of people.

Im perfectly fine with them showing a dramatized trailer demonstrating all of the new features and tech that is in Madden 10. You think the marketing team for EA is that dumb to show just a far out view of the game as its 1st promo?

Close-up/1st person views of the actual game would be fine. But if they show us a "touched up" video with details we'll never see in the actual game, then it's false advertising.

I just hope we're going to see the real deal. That's all I ask.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #80
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon14 Re: Madden 10 World Premiere Video to Air on 4/23.

Finally, after weeks of waiting and massive confusion, tonight is the night! Can't wait to see it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »