Home

Madden 10 World Premiere Video to Air on 4/23.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 World Premiere Video to Air on 4/23. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #225
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden 10 World Premiere Video to Air on 4/23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
Ok, so looking at the Holmes on Hood catch:

1) The angle makes it difficult to judge speed, so while I would complain that Hood shows no inertia in turning around and chasing down Holmes (also no acceleration or change of direction step of any kind as he turns around and starts running), I'll hold off until I can see that from a better angle.
This is one of the reasons I was somewhat displeased with the trailer... players don't move like that in the game. You see it after the catch is made as well... look at all of the players who instantly change from "balls in the air" mode to "pursuit mode"... that kind of stuff was the reason I hated the GameDay series, and it wasn't in the Madden 10 I played.

Quote:
2) I'm very displeased with the catch animation. When have you ever seen an NFL receiver lean their body and stick their hands up that awkwardly? I mean, really look at it. Pause it and go frame by frame. When the ball hits his hands, his elbow and half of his arm have literally clipped through his chest. If he wanted to keep his chest turned down the field as he caught, he should've slowed down more and caught the ball out in front. If he wants to catch the ball at that angle, he need to rotate his upper body more as he catches it. Just an ugly, ugly catch animation.
When I saw that animation in game, I loved it, but it was in more of an area where you'd expect it... on a post route, splitting the safeties with Vernon Davis. It looked outstanding.

Quote:
I feel very negative after that trailer, but deep down inside I'm still assuming that it plays MUCH better than what I'm feeling right now.

P.S. Big thanks to KANE and Adembroski, the comments about parts of the trailer being uglier than what you saw at CD are actually VERY re-assuring.
Yeah, it's just weird. Not happy with this trailer at all.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #226
MVP

OVR: 26

I thought the catch and DB play was great. The turn and pursuit was a little off but I was really impressed when I saw the ball in the air after Homles was 5 yards off the line and he tried to catch the ball 10 yards in front of him. I look forward to leading my WRs like this.

EDIT:
With that kind of leading how did the endzone lobs(toss up) to a WR vs a CB one on one look like?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:42 AM   #227
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought it was what they needed to show... a couple things on their big changes, and what the community has asked for

And for those who prefer the Youtube:

Old 04-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #228
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Yeah, it's just weird. Not happy with this trailer at all.
Thanks for the notes, man. Could you shed some light on what you thought of the QB throw animations in the trailer? I saw KANE guarantee we won't be disappointed with the throw animations after someone was dissing the ones in the trailer. Is this another case of something that looked much better in the CD build than in this trailer? If you saw the new NCAA trailer, I actually think the throw in that one (at 0:28) looked much better than either of the ones in Madden today.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #229
Banned

OVR: 8

I have one simple questions, (please don't ban me or delete. this is a valid questions)

Before I get to the questions - when you play games like NBA 2K and see the awesome next gen animations and gameplay, play Allpro, NFL 2K5 and see the next gen gameplay and animations, the question is to EA, are they that much more advanced?

Every year 2K sports is able to wow you with their advancement and additions to the realistic rendition of the sport. From leagues to the on court/field experience it is simply mind blowing. As consumers we expect nothing less from 2K. But when it comes to EA we are looking for advancement/catch up to things that have already been done/seen. Folks get mad because we are STILL COMPARING THE CURRENT MADDEN PRODUCT TO THE OLD 2K FOOTBALL PRODUCT. Why is that, because Madden is still catching up to things that where done years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »