Home

The Death Of Money Plays - Thanks EA

This is a discussion on The Death Of Money Plays - Thanks EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: The Death Of Money Plays - Thanks EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I actually need to talk with you about the adaptive A.I. Does it also track hot route combos because if it doesn't people will call different plays but just use the same hot route combos.
Any route can be added as an "input" - regardless of whether it's hot-routed or from a specific play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
true, but i do think that team defensive awareness should be taken into consideration. If you have a good leader or a linebacker with high play recognition they should be able to smell it out quicker. But some teams in the NFL, I've seen them get kill by the same play 3-4 times before they make adjustments. Also if possible Head coach / coordinator awareness should play into that also
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
For example, if you spend your first series dropping the ball in the flat to Westbrook, because the outside linebacker's man coverage rating is 65, and it becomes 75, you're still going to have success. But if the outside linebacker's rating goes from an initial 75 up to an 85, now the enhancement is going to create problems for you.

It doesn't use any coaching ratings currently though.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

Is adaptive AI also on the Offense as well....You know. Can My WR sit (slow down) in the windows of the zones....Based on the times he sees a cover 3 for example
Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Ok sounds good but if you guys REALLY want to take it to the next level then invite a whole other group of guys down and let them play and see how it works. See sometimes , well alot of times, programmer are too close to the code to see the error of their ways. I did a little programming in my day and I know how you "can't see the forest for the trees". Thats why it's good to get a fresh NEW group to come in and run it for a while. Not even the same group as before. They'll come in looking for a specific thing with previous knowledge and that may skew their objectivity.
I hear you there Ian should bring in some true 2K fans like myself.

The APF 2K8 community uses my Rules for SIM game play and my Legend CAP list. I think a 2K fan who is a hard core SIM fan that not only plays the game that way you see it on Sundays but also watches NFL Network daily would be a whole new experience for them. Don't be afraid Ian, The 2K fans just want a great SIM football game where game play is #1. We don't care who makes the game.

I am still holding hope for you guys

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Any route can be added as an "input" - regardless of whether it's hot-routed or from a specific play.
good.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #30
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm a little concerned that it was easy to scramble out with McNabb 6 times in a row, adaptive AI or not. That suggests to me that the base-line defensive end logic is not working correctly.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Thought my marketing partners wouldn't like me posting this, I have to re-iterate that statement. The technology is very new, so to say it will be the end of all money plays is probably a little optimistic for year one.

But it is going to be a great start I hope...and it's all in how we tune it. The community guys gave us some great feedback that it wasn't kicking in fast enough or strong enough on the high skill levels. For example, dave374 hammered on it quite a bit for us - he ran I believe 6 straight scrambles with McNabb before they dropped some guys out into contain and spies and shut it down. And he also was able to have pretty easy gains like (7 or 8 out of 10 times) with dumps out to the flats with Westbrook until the defense started changing things up to stop it. So that's the stuff we have to iron out and tune from now to ship. The last thing we want to do is spend all this time on the implementation and not have it work correctly because of some simple tuning values being off.

Regardless, it was a pretty sweet moment after it kicked in - he called me over and was saying "I don't think it's working", and the next time he tried to roll McNabb out again he just immediately got swarmed.

I am so stoked that we were allowed to have those guys in here for a day to find all the good issues.
Funny how as I read the word "swarmed" in your post, the part in Tommy Boy where he acts like he's being attacked by a swarm of bees was on. XD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Funny how as I read the word "swarmed" in your post, the part in Tommy Boy where he acts like he's being attacked by a swarm of bees was on. XD
\

"They're huge and they're sting crazy!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »