Home

WRS catching in stride & NOT always leaving their feet & SCREENS fix other WR needs

This is a discussion on WRS catching in stride & NOT always leaving their feet & SCREENS fix other WR needs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
WRS catching in stride & NOT always leaving their feet & SCREENS fix other WR needs

They said that players would catch in stride more in 09...but I see them leaving their feet more times than any. Nothing worse than having a player hitting a nice out route but decides to jump to catch the ball and which of course slows him down and then your not able to get that crucial first down when the game is on the line late in the 4th.

I really hope this year players will actually catch the ball without having animations continue to make him jump..it is NOT always necessary.

Screens are another area that needs some kind of fix. Too many times if you throw a screen players are running either towards the ball or past the LOS. It'd be nice if players would just turn (if WR Screen) and wait for the ball.

Anyone else have problems they see with WRS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: WRS catching in stride & NOT always leaving their feet & SCREENS fix other WR nee

I agree with players running towards the ball on screens. Countless times in 09 I would get a good screen set up with the O-line, only to have the HB run back towards the pass and get tackled 5-7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. If he had just stayed where he was, it was an easy 5-6 yards, but he runs back and loses the same amount.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: WRS catching in stride & NOT always leaving their feet & SCREENS fix other WR nee

Screens were messed up but I think w/ them fixing the momentum screens should be fine. And i agree with most things you guys said.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I agree with players running towards the ball on screens. Countless times in 09 I would get a good screen set up with the O-line, only to have the HB run back towards the pass and get tackled 5-7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. If he had just stayed where he was, it was an easy 5-6 yards, but he runs back and loses the same amount.
Quoting for truth. Screens are awful in Madden 09 and very hard to work with just because of the HB or WR running to the QB.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Yeah, receivers catching in stride more would be excellent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

screens have a lot of problems, but they can also be crazy good at times as well. I really dislike the poor blocking , even more so blocking on screens. ho many times do i have like 2linemen and one TE or RB blocking for me on a screen and no one lays the DB on his butt? None of the 3 of you can block that one DB? really? I understand Pass interfearance, but if you are a lineman, lay that DB out cold. you are bigger than him and he isn't moving.

The RB screens are the hardest ones to get off right becasue of he "run back" to the ball. To be fair the same problem happens on curl plays too. How many times if they stayed where they were it would be a TD or a first down only to have them run to the balland make it 4th down? Also, runnign in the idrection the ball came in after the catch to make you lose the first down you just threw. pivot and turn up field my man!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 35

realistic stride please.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

1. No more leaping catches when not needed.

2. No 180 leaping catches EVER, unless they fall over when they land trying to stay inbounds.

3. Instead of always trying to turn up feild as they say they will to "gain yards", why not have a simple toe drag and extending OB to make the 1st down catch. Turn up field if behind the 1st down marker, toe drag if past... A receiver will care more about making a first, then getting a half yard more when he's already got the first...

4. Catching in stride!!!

5. Catching and turning the "right" way instead of a random spin sending them right into defenders.

6. Make the catch button a simple button press and let the players ratings and the situation determin the catch animations.

And (though this isn't a WR issue)

7. NO MORE O-Linemen running in front of his own receivers only to get nailed with an illeagle receiver down feild penalty... They're there to protect the QB and block for a running back... Not put a pick on a safety or LB durring a passing play...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »