Home

Respectfully: EA's act of not answering direct questions is getting old

This is a discussion on Respectfully: EA's act of not answering direct questions is getting old within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Respectfully: EA's act of not answering direct questions is getting old

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
so the weekly blogs we will be getting will mean nothing?

You think all information should be divulged by now?
I think it's great that we've been allowed to interact and be given information. The guys on this team for EA are highly skilled and seem to really care about the product. But I've hear all this before on the key items of discontent with the Madden game. It's ignore and then not in game. I think online franchise is a good example of what I'm talking about. It's a significant aspect of the game to many consumers. But there are also many other things that you can see asked about version after version that never make it in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #26

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE
I think it's great that we've been allowed to interact and be given information. The guys on this team for EA are highly skilled and seem to really care about the product. But I've hear all this before on the key items of discontent with the Madden game. It's ignore and then not in game. I think online franchise is a good example of what I'm talking about. It's a significant aspect of the game to many consumers. But there are also many other things that you can see asked about version after version that never make it in game.
I agree with you, but see my last post.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE
It's just very frustrating to go through the same "wait and see" instead of honest reponses to specific questions year after year. Especially when the items not responded to are consitently ignored while we are courted by EA to trust and purchase the next product.

If the product is so great, why not respond to the question. Saying "yes, there's online franchise" but not telling anything about what the online franchise version is would be sufficient. Same goes for many of the other questions that have been ignored. It's not like a full disclosure is required to answer most the stuff thats been asked.

Remember, the history of EA is to not answer the questions, then release the product and none of the ignore items make the new version. Thats not my fault, I'm just an observer!

I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's the greatest game ever made and that it has everything that everybody wants.
Hm...I actually don't find this all that "respectful" - seeing as I've answered hundreds of direct questions over the past year - just because they weren't your two specific questions you decide to post this to call me out? Maybe I'm missing something that is respectful about that.

If you aren't interested in contributing to the so-called "minor" improvements in the game, then I would suggest just taking a break from the forums and coming back around E3. Nothing is going to change when it comes to releasing information around "big" features. Basically every single company attempting to make money on their product chooses to build buzz around their product closer to the launch of said product to drive up sales. End of story (and hopefully thread).

Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
That's the scariest part of your post man, I consider you a friend but I hope you are wrong on this one....
I'd love to be wrong. I'm a big boy and can take the hits from the guys that don't appreciate the point I've raised. I understand that it comes off with being impatient, but frankly I've been running online leagues since alot of these guys were popping pimples and not yet a teenager.

I think given the history the concern is legitimate. If the release comes and it's what I'm saying I see coming, then this thread is right on.

Like I said though, I'd love to be wrong. We need a more complete game sand I'd love for it to happen this year.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Hm...I actually don't find this all that "respectful" - seeing as I've answered hundreds of direct questions over the past year - just because they weren't your two specific questions you decide to post this to call me out? Maybe I'm missing something that is respectful about that.

If you aren't interested in contributing to the so-called "minor" improvements in the game, then I would suggest just taking a break from the forums and coming back around E3. Nothing is going to change when it comes to releasing information around "big" features. Basically every single company attempting to make money on their product chooses to build buzz around their product closer to the launch of said product to drive up sales. End of story (and hopefully thread).
Old 04-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 26

Don't worry DOLFANMIKE the answers will come out eventually. don't get your blood pressure up over the BS. They are releasing little tidbits here and there, just roll with the little nuisances until they drop the business on us. You saw my post earlier about all I"ve gone through just to find out about Online Franchise, them boys going to do what they do mayne.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
Respectfully: you are embarrassing a fellow dolphins fan.

Seriously: this thread is unfortunate.

Logically: EA is a business, they ALWAYS withhold features to use for marketing and that isn't any different just because Ian is on here working with us to improve the game.

Mockingly: It's fun to put the tone or context of each idea before typing it out.
LOL.

Sorry I embarrassed you Dolfan.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »