Home

Will Home Field be an advantage like it should be for some teams?

This is a discussion on Will Home Field be an advantage like it should be for some teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Will Home Field be an advantage like it should be for some teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
The Ravens are top 3 in home record since 2000 (ahead of your Seahawks) and it's not like we get a huge recognition for our home field advantage. People could easily argue that we have the best home field advantage in the league if you compare our home record dominance, to our road woes.

Last year, we were pretty awesome at home.

"The Ravens became the 1st team since the 1962 Packers to go an entire season without allowing more than 13 points in a game at home. Baltimore’s opponents averaged just 10.0 points per game (80 points) at M&T Bank Stadium this season."
We are talking crowd noise and atmosphere. Seahawks have a great record at home since Qwest Field opened. In the Seahawks Superbowl run they never lost at home all year including the Playoffs.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
We are talking crowd noise and atmosphere. Seahawks have a great record at home since Qwest Field opened. In the Seahawks Superbowl run they never lost at home all year including the Playoffs.
I don't see what you're arguing. You say that we're discussing crowd noise and atmosphere and throwing out evidence I brought up about home records, and then you proceed to talk about your great home record.

I'm not saying your fans aren't loud, they are (and have been accused of using speakers to pump up crowd noise), but I'm just saying you don't necessarily have the best home field advantage in the league. The Ravens are below .500 on the road since 2000, but are top 3 in home records. Fact is, we're better at home than the Seahawks are.

But that being said, we've derailed a little bit here, it's not about who has the loudest fans, but do you think the NFL will want EA to make a game where the less enthusiastic fans look like a horrible fanbase in their game? I'm not sure that they would.

That being said, I'd love for presentation elements, like the Vikings horn to be incorporated (if it isn't already, didn't play much 09 and never against the Vikes).

I don't think they're going to make different crowd noise sound levels for each specific fan base. Having a dynamic and intelligent crowd is important, but I really doubt we'll see a huge difference from team to team (other than the jerseys we see them wearing).
Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Speaking of home field advantage. My past season our High school team, we went undefeated at home and outscored everyone 200 - 20 at home. Yea, we were beast.

― Plato
Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I don't see what you're arguing. You say that we're discussing crowd noise and atmosphere and throwing out evidence I brought up about home records, and then you proceed to talk about your great home record.

I'm not saying your fans aren't loud, they are (and have been accused of using speakers to pump up crowd noise), but I'm just saying you don't necessarily have the best home field advantage in the league. The Ravens are below .500 on the road since 2000, but are top 3 in home records. Fact is, we're better at home than the Seahawks are.

But that being said, we've derailed a little bit here, it's not about who has the loudest fans, but do you think the NFL will want EA to make a game where the less enthusiastic fans look like a horrible fanbase in their game? I'm not sure that they would.

That being said, I'd love for presentation elements, like the Vikings horn to be incorporated (if it isn't already, didn't play much 09 and never against the Vikes).

I don't think they're going to make different crowd noise sound levels for each specific fan base. Having a dynamic and intelligent crowd is important, but I really doubt we'll see a huge difference from team to team (other than the jerseys we see them wearing).
Both highlighted post.....

1. If its in the game than its in the game Seahawks, Chiefs, and others like Ravens should have a full stadium. Seahawks stadium should be the loudest, Ravens should have the most fans and the Lions should have a lot of empty seats

2. They had this in there NCAA game with the top 25 Home Field Advantages and the stadium would rock and your controller would shake. Thats what I am talking about!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Speaking of home field advantage. My past season our High school team, we went undefeated at home and outscored everyone 200 - 20 at home. Yea, we were beast.
Same. We were like 150-50 in 3 games.

Our field had like no lights, so no one could see the ball in the air lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Same. We were like 150-50 in 3 games.

Our field had like no lights, so no one could see the ball in the air lol.
No lights??? lol

We dominated our first game. We won 30 - 0. Then in the second game we won 28 - 2. I was mad we gave up that safety with no time left in the game. Then after that we started winning 30 - 0 and on the last home game of the season we won like 56 - 26.

Our away games were different. We won by 1 point in a few of them and the two losses were close aswell. We lost to a 2pt conversion 29 - 28 and in OT 32 - 29.

― Plato
Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Both highlighted post.....

1. If its in the game than its in the game Seahawks, Chiefs, and others like Ravens should have a full stadium. Seahawks stadium should be the loudest, Ravens should have the most fans and the Lions should have a lot of empty seats

2. They had this in there NCAA game with the top 25 Home Field Advantages and the stadium would rock and your controller would shake. Thats what I am talking about!
I'd want the same thing as you, but I think that there are some things that are withheld from the game because the NFL doesn't want it (I may be wrong and this may or may not have applied to past games, this is the impression I get and the reasoning behind my posts).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Like NCAA, it would be cool to see the camera shake and to have your controller vibrate. But one thing I would like is for a rating of some sort to affect players. A rookie QB is not going to do too well when a stadium is roaring compared to Warner or Favre.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »