Home

Will Home Field be an advantage like it should be for some teams?

This is a discussion on Will Home Field be an advantage like it should be for some teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 41
Will Home Field be an advantage like it should be for some teams?

You already know that I am a Huge Seahawks fan but what makes the Seahawks so good at home is the Fans and the 12th man.

I went to the NFC Championship game against the Panthers when the Seahawks won and went to the Superbowl. I sat in the front row at the 45 yard line. I was on the Panthers side but that was ok. Tickets were $1,400 for 4 on Ebay but IMO it was worth every penny.

My point is that for someone like myself who frequents Qwest Field that the noise level that the 12th man creates for the Opposing team is so much of an advantage that it helps more than people know.

When I was at the NFC Championship game the stadium was so loud when the Panthers offense got on the field you literally could not even yell in to your buddies ear and have him hear you until the sound stopped.

Can we get that atmosphere in the Qwest Field in Madden 10?

I would love to turn my HDTV and my surround sound on while I am playing Madden 10 and the feeling like I am there in the flesh. Makes me feel more immersed in the game I play. Make sure that the communication between QB and everyone else is not good. The 12th man and Qwest Field creates more false starts than any other stadium in the NFL. Opposing QB and WR's will at times be in a total completely different mind set and it will result in bad passes and routes.

Seattle Fans have a lot of energy because we all visit Starbucks on the way in LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Will Home Field be an advantage like it should be for some teams?

A better question is... currently as it stands, is there even such a thing as home field advantage in Madden?... at all?.. like.. anything?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Agree with the thread starter. I remember back when Joe Robbie was still new that stadium was so intimidating to visiting teams because the noise was so incredible. I was watching a Fins-Chiefs game back when the latter still had Montana and the Fins actually received a team personal foul because the crowd wouldn't quiet down. I want to have that going when I'm playing with my team and rolling along against the Pats or Jets.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I know, just make sure that the stadium is shaped to where the noise is louder there than it actually is.

Last edited by 83evans; 04-13-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
You already know that I am a Huge Seahawks fan but what makes the Seahawks so good at home is the Fans and the 12th man.

I went to the NFC Championship game against the Panthers when the Seahawks won and went to the Superbowl. I sat in the front row at the 45 yard line. I was on the Panthers side but that was ok. Tickets were $1,400 for 4 on Ebay but IMO it was worth every penny.

My point is that for someone like myself who frequents Qwest Field that the noise level that the 12th man creates for the Opposing team is so much of an advantage that it helps more than people know.

When I was at the NFC Championship game the stadium was so loud when the Panthers offense got on the field you literally could not even yell in to your buddies ear and have him hear you until the sound stopped.

Can we get that atmosphere in the Qwest Field in Madden 10?

I would love to turn my HDTV and my surround sound on while I am playing Madden 10 and the feeling like I am there in the flesh. Makes me feel more immersed in the game I play. Make sure that the communication between QB and everyone else is not good. The 12th man and Qwest Field creates more false starts than any other stadium in the NFL. Opposing QB and WR's will at times be in a total completely different mind set and it will result in bad passes and routes.

Seattle Fans have a lot of energy because we all visit Starbucks on the way in LOL.
True story my fellow seattle-ite... I went to a PRESEASON game last year against my Raiders and i couldnt hear what the guy next to me was saying... crazy stuff... I think it does have a slight advantage... but in madden i would probably turn it off just because i want how i play the game to decide the outcome of each game.. i dont like any "outside" reasons for helping or hurting my chance of winning... but in real life i agree there is an advantage...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
True story my fellow seattle-ite... I went to a PRESEASON game last year against my Raiders and i couldnt hear what the guy next to me was saying... crazy stuff... I think it does have a slight advantage... but in madden i would probably turn it off just because i want how i play the game to decide the outcome of each game.. i dont like any "outside" reasons for helping or hurting my chance of winning... but in real life i agree there is an advantage...
Just think that the game you went to was a Preseason Game LOL. I was at the NFC Championship

I want the sound to fill my living room but if you don't I understand that but the game should still create a advantage in Qwest Field for the opposing team no matter if you turn the sound off or not.

That Preseason game might have been loud because Seahawk Fans still hate the Raiders LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Just think that the game you went to was a Preseason Game LOL. I was at the NFC Championship

I want the sound to fill my living room but if you don't I understand that but the game should still create a advantage in Qwest Field for the opposing team no matter if you turn the sound off or not.

That Preseason game might have been loud because Seahawk Fans still hate the Raiders LOL.
haha and they always will... all those seasons in the afc west caused quite the rivalry... it's too bad they only play once every like 8 years or something now in a regular season game.. but oh well... i agree the crowd noise should be louder probably in general in madden.. and yes louder in the louder stadiums like Qwest Field.. it just gets you pumped up that much more...

On another note: it's been a rough last few years trying to talk crap with the huge seahawk fans my girlfriends family is.. fortunately oakland had a better record last year.. only 5-12.... but still a victory in my book...
Old 04-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

You know, I just had a thought. This could easily be controlled by a crowd noise slider. The higher it's jacked, the more dramatic the effect on crowd noise with positive and negative plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »