Home

Old 04-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #41
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Dallas Cowboys New Stadium

I hate that thing sitting in my backyard. I mean, I love the Cowboys, but the way they went about milking taxpayer money and forcing people out of their homes that had been passed down from generation to generation was sickening. I was one of the people who voted against that eyesore; it's just a waste of money and is a symbol of Jerry's greed.

The worst part is that Jerry (who has some names that are unspeakable on these forms in Arlington) is probably going to sell the rights to some big corporation that is receiving more taxpayer money from bailouts, and he is going to get a lot of backlash for it. In the Metroplex, he is running all sorts of ads telling people season tickets are only $1300, and that everybody can see a game, but he's so full of stuff that the world's supply of rid-x won't cleanse him.

It should be the Taxpayer's Stadium in Arlington. At the very least it should be the Landry Coliseum, but Jerry could care less about anything that had to do with class. I hope it craters, has a tornado rip right through it, or flat out doesn't sell out. Him, Robert Cluck, and the Arlington City Council have that karma coming, and all the taxes in the world won't help them pay it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #42
Rookie

LosWorld's Arena

OVR: 2

If I recall, and it's been awhile since I lived there, but the stadium was built by a combination of a 1/2% sales tax hike, a hotel tax of 2% and a car rental tax of 4 or 5%. The taxpayers are on the hook for 325 million while the remaining 675 million goes to Jerry and the NFL.

This is simply the cost of doing business. I'm not going to complain about publicly funded projects that primarily hit the tourism/conference industry. The naming rights going to AT&T hit a snag due to their CBA issues. I understand taking a stand on corporate bailouts or increased taxation for pet projects, but this stadium will bring far more to Arlington over it's life then it'll cost the public. The 2011 Super Bowl, 2014 Final Four, and more than likely the Cotton Bowl becoming a BCS game in the next few years.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #43
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I hate that thing sitting in my backyard. I mean, I love the Cowboys, but the way they went about milking taxpayer money and forcing people out of their homes that had been passed down from generation to generation was sickening. I was one of the people who voted against that eyesore; it's just a waste of money and is a symbol of Jerry's greed.

The worst part is that Jerry (who has some names that are unspeakable on these forms in Arlington) is probably going to sell the rights to some big corporation that is receiving more taxpayer money from bailouts, and he is going to get a lot of backlash for it. In the Metroplex, he is running all sorts of ads telling people season tickets are only $1300, and that everybody can see a game, but he's so full of stuff that the world's supply of rid-x won't cleanse him.

It should be the Taxpayer's Stadium in Arlington. At the very least it should be the Landry Coliseum, but Jerry could care less about anything that had to do with class. I hope it craters, has a tornado rip right through it, or flat out doesn't sell out. Him, Robert Cluck, and the Arlington City Council have that karma coming, and all the taxes in the world won't help them pay it off.
I have the same opinions about Jerry and the Arlington City Council. The only thing I don't agree with is the bit about karma, because I don't believe in karma. But other than that, I think you're spot on.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #44
Banned

SB2G's Arena

OVR: 1
Talking Re: Dallas Cowboys New Stadium

Man I cannot wait to see this baby in Madden '10

When I went and saw a Rangers game this past August, a friend and I went to take pictures of the stadium and I find it amusing that there is a Wal-Mart literally across the street. Cowboy fans who can't afford tickets or can't get a hold of some, lets tailgate in the Wal-mart parking lot with our quad chairs and hope they broadcast the game on the big screen on the side of the stadium!!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB2G
Man I cannot wait to see this baby in Madden '10

When I went and saw a Rangers game this past August, a friend and I went to take pictures of the stadium and I find it amusing that there is a Wal-Mart literally across the street. Cowboy fans who can't afford tickets or can't get a hold of some, lets tailgate in the Wal-mart parking lot with our quad chairs and hope they broadcast the game on the big screen on the side of the stadium!!
I doubt they would do that hell whats the point of paying for a ticket when you can just tailgate with fans and watch the game for free on that huge screen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #46
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosWorld
If I recall, and it's been awhile since I lived there, but the stadium was built by a combination of a 1/2% sales tax hike, a hotel tax of 2% and a car rental tax of 4 or 5%. The taxpayers are on the hook for 325 million while the remaining 675 million goes to Jerry and the NFL.

This is simply the cost of doing business. I'm not going to complain about publicly funded projects that primarily hit the tourism/conference industry. The naming rights going to AT&T hit a snag due to their CBA issues. I understand taking a stand on corporate bailouts or increased taxation for pet projects, but this stadium will bring far more to Arlington over it's life then it'll cost the public. The 2011 Super Bowl, 2014 Final Four, and more than likely the Cotton Bowl becoming a BCS game in the next few years.
So then you were here when we were promised much of the same with the Ballpark in Arlington. I remember that it was going to bring a whole heap of a lot of business to the area. It was going to fill up those business offices in Center Field. It was going to bring a whole flux of money to the local economy.

Of course, none of that happened. The businesses around the area have flopped, only 20% of those offices are occupied, and that economy has been hit the hardest. Now we are supposed to believe that Jerry Jones is going to make this all better? I'm not surprised Arlington fell for this statement when they were given the same bs.

These events you talk about will only increase traffic and crime in the area, and our police department will not be able to handle it. The businesses that are promised will not survive past the first five years, and our transportation system (what little we have of it) will be worse off. That half of a percent would have been better spent on improving roads, or actually getting some sort of mass transit into this city. The Cowboys only make this worse.

It sounds like you have left Arlington, and I don't blame you. This summer, I will be attending the University of North Texas, and I won't have to deal with the stuff this city has been feeding us. I feel bad though for the residents of the town though, because out of all the people in the deal, they will suffer the most.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #47
Banned

SB2G's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
I doubt they would do that hell whats the point of paying for a ticket when you can just tailgate with fans and watch the game for free on that huge screen?
It was just a joke, it's highly unlikely they would do this.

But if they did do it, people would still pay to get into a game to watch it in person.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #48
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

To all my fellow Dallasites:

Remember when we were all told that all kinds of exciting developments would rise up arounf the Ballpark in Arlington....and when they told us it again when the AAC was built???

The area around the Ballpark is still crap and the AAC is surrounded by empty store fronts and the half empty W hotel. I think even channel 8 is re-thinking their studio there.

I live in Flower mound and I remember when they wanted to put the AAC in Lewisville near Vista Ridge Mall and I-35E. The good people of Lewisville rejected the sales tax hike.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »