Home

Can someone explain pre-created rookies in '10?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain pre-created rookies in '10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Can someone explain pre-created rookies in '10?

Someone mentioned this when I was talking about how it sucks that NCAA isn't made for PAL so I can't use draft classes...so could someone explain?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Can someone explain pre-created rookies in '10?

Instead of having random generated players for each draft they are going to make all the rookies in the game. So now you will have a draft that has 1st round busts that were designed to be that way and we'll also have more gems in later rounds. This keeps you from having a draft with 90+avg players then the next year all 70 players.

― Plato
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Instead of having random generated players for each draft they are going to make all the rookies in the game. So now you will have a draft that has 1st round busts that were designed to be that way and we'll also have more gems in later rounds. This keeps you from having a draft with 90+avg players then the next year all 70 players.
Still random generated names though?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

No. It's like HC 09 if you played it.

In my new franchise I started and once the season started I got a NFL Network update that talked about the first pick being Johnny English.

That means I have the Johny English draft. If someone else in Tokyo had that draft too we would both have the same players from the first pick to the last pick. They are all pre-made, names, ratings, college, history, etc.

The predicted number two pick was a QB from Miami with a 95 ptoential. It would be like that for everyone else too.

What this does is make drafting more fun and realistic, but if you get the same draft over and over in different franchises it will become chese because you'll know all the busts and gems.

I hope thats understandable?

― Plato
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite_speed
Yes, but the thing with that is that they were pre-created so meaning there is a slight chance that you and I can end up drafting a running back named "Leron James" at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite_speed
Not 100% sure on exactly how they will do it. It will follow the head coach method of having a few players with preset names and a majority with random names but not real sure on what the split will be. As you are playing on a PAL system you probably haven't played head coach (pretty sure it wasn't released in PAL) but there would be all kinds of info on the draft classes in their forum on here.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Another great thing about this people dont metion often is that this means they wont be wearing completely random accessarys anymore with like a WR wearing a OL Facemask or a Running Back with #3 or anything else unrealistic so that after about the 3rd year the whole NFL wont look weird with fat DB's and what not.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4lyfe
Another great thing about this people dont metion often is that this means they wont be wearing completely random accessarys anymore with like a WR wearing a OL Facemask or a Running Back with #3 or anything else unrealistic so that after about the 3rd year the whole NFL wont look weird with fat DB's and what not.
Well hopefully this is fixed. In head coach they had all sorts of problems with body sizes. In one of the classes I drafted this pre-created running back who was like 6'4" and weighed like 330 pounds. He looked much smaller on screen than the QB I drafted in the same class who was 6'4" and weighed like 205 pounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »