Home

Bit on quarterback accuracy

This is a discussion on Bit on quarterback accuracy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 AM   #49
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Bit on quarterback accuracy

Simply amazing.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 6

i think the madden team need to get that ball and incorporate that technology into the game for release angle speed wow could you image in they got every qb down with that ball would be cool for sure
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 7

Bar none he is the most accurate, but I believe Peyton could beat him at a farther distant with more bull's eyes. Maybe 40-50 yards? I think Brady is better at throwing on route, but Brees and Manning have him in accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
Bar none he is the most accurate, but I believe Peyton could beat him at a farther distant with more bull's eyes. Maybe 40-50 yards? I think Brady is better at throwing on route, but Brees and Manning have him in accuracy.
Through the first 3 quarters but not in the 4th quarter.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Through the first 3 quarters but not in the 4th quarter.
Guess who's 4th all time in 4th quarter comebacks!

PS. Its not Brady
Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

PS. Its not Brady
I wasn't referring to "4th quarter comebacks".
Old 04-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
Lance Moore: average. His career best is 928 yards receiving. Not exactly earth shattering. He was not the reason Brees had 5000+ yards

Maques Colston: Started all of six games last season. Only played in 11. Finished with a paltry 47 receptions. He was hurt much of the season. He was not the reason Brees had 5000+ yards.

Jeremy Shockey: Contributed a total of 483 yards and 0 touch downs. He was hurt much of the year, and had some adjustment issues. He was not the reason Brees had 5000+ yards

Their leading pass catcher had 52 reception and 440 yards.

Not a single reciever had a 1000 yard season, yet Brees threw for more than 5000. Only two had more than 50 receptions.

Please explain that away as the talent around him so I can have a lolgasm.

Reche Caldwell + Troy Brown receiving yards and receptions(2006):

1144, 110

Lance Moore + Reggie Bush receiving yards and receptions(2008):

1368, 131

Not that much better.

2006 Patriots leading rusher yards:

2008 Saints leading rusher yards:

2006 Patriots rushing yards rank: 12th

2008 Saints rushing yards rank: 28th

Hmmm... Tom Brady had a better running game to help him out...

2006 Patriots DEFENSE points allowed rank: 2nd

2008 Saints DEFENSE points allowed rank: 26th

Yes, TOM BRADY was the reason the 2006 Patriots nearly sneaked into the Super Bowl, not their very much good defense, and Drew Brees' horrible defense and running game had nothing to do with their 8-8 record.

Pardon me while I lmao.

Drew Brees stats in 2006:

4418 yards, 26 TDs, 11 ints.

Number of receivers with more than 37 receptions? TWO.

Number of receivers with more than 1000 yards? ONE.

Drew Brees in 2007:

Yards: 4423 TDs: 28 ints: 18

Number of receivers with more than 48 receptions? TWO.

Number of receivers with more than 1000 yards? ONE.

Number of receivers with more than 437 yards? TWO.

Leading rusher yards: 581

If you are aware of the statistics of Brees' team mates the last three years and don't think he can't take an average offense and make it really good, you are beyond help. Brees has done MORE statistically than Brady with the same amount of talent around him, with the exception of the 2007 season.
Lance Moore is above avergae. You say his career best is 928 yards, but fail to mention how hes only in his 3rd year. I can understand if he was a 10 year vet or something. The guy is sureley going to top that total in the future. He was not THE reason Brees had 5,000 yards, but he was one of the reasons. You'd be a fool to say otherwise. Moore stepped up when he was called upon and played very well. I also dont care how many games Colston started. He PLAYED in 11 games. 47 catches in 11 games isn't bad. That amounts to 68 over a 16 game season. Not bad. especially for an injured player.

Merely having Colston on the field benefited the Saints offense a lot and naturally opened up things for other recievers. He too was one of the reasons Brees had 5,000 yards. Shockey had 483 receving yards in 10 games. That averaged out to 772 in a 16 games season. Which is about what you would expect from Shockey. He wasn't incredibly impressive and didn't have any TDs, but he was still somewhat of a factor.

Using receiving totals such as receptions and yards isn't a great way to compare talent. If it were, Mike Furrey would have been the best WR in the league in '06 and Wes Welker would be the second coming of Jerry Rice. It's abunduntly clear that Lance Moore and Reggie Bush are more talented players than Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel. I really don't care about the leading rusher, either. The Patriots as a team only had 300 more rushing yards in '06 than the Saints did in '08 and they both had the same amount of rushing TDs. Not to mention the Saints averaged more a YPC.

So no... he really didn't have much of a better running game. Laurence Maroney was a rookie and Corey Dillon was a washed up 13 yr veteran who scared no one outside of the goal line. OK so Brady had a much better defense. Cool. This is about their talent on offense and the stats they put up with that talent. That defense still allowed an average of 25 pts a game in the playoffs and had they not completely melted down against the Colts in the AFCCG, Brady would probably have his 4th ring already.

Who cares that Brees had two WRs with over 37 receptions in 06 two with over 48 in 07 ? That's because the man had Marques Colston and Reggie Bush in both years and threw to them much more than anyone else. You act like he had no talent on offense. Brady had ZERO receivers over 800 yards in 06. Not to mention he currently holds the record for the highest amount of different WRs whom he has completed a pass to among active QBs. Oh, and he also has had the highest amount of different offensive lineman to start at least one game since he entered the league.

I never said Brees couldn't make an average offense good. I said he couldnt take the offense which Brady had in 2006, which was BELOW average, and make them the 7th best offense in the league. Reche Caldwell, a career #3 WR, had a career high 68 receptions in 06'... he's had a mind boggling 15 since then and is fighting to even make a team. I'm not saying Drew isn't elite. I'm saying he is not as good as Tom Brady... because he isnt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

PS. Its not Brady
Guess who averages the most 4th QTR comebacks per season among active QBs!!

P.S. It's not Peyton..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »