Home

Bit on quarterback accuracy

This is a discussion on Bit on quarterback accuracy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #57
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Bit on quarterback accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
Top 20- Probably 9 Hall of Famers, assuming Big Ben never gets there.

Between 20 and 40- 6 Hall of Famers

Between 40 and 60- 5

Between 60 and 80-3

Between 80 and 100-1
Why are you assuming Roethlisberger doesn't get there!!?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchditcher
Lance Moore is above avergae. You say his career best is 928 yards, but fail to mention how hes only in his 3rd year. I can understand if he was a 10 year vet or something. The guy is sureley going to top that total in the future. He was not THE reason Brees had 5,000 yards, but he was one of the reasons. You'd be a fool to say otherwise. Moore stepped up when he was called upon and played very well. I also dont care how many games Colston started. He PLAYED in 11 games. 47 catches in 11 games isn't bad. That amounts to 68 over a 16 game season. Not bad. especially for an injured player.
The idea that it is obvious that Lance Moore has such great talent is somewhat off. First this talent was so obvious that noone drafted him. Then it was so obvious that he couldn't make cleveland's roster.

After that it was so obvious that he wasn't able to get serious playing time until after 3 seasons spending a season on the practice squad for NO, one playing only in only 4 game and being active in only 6, one where he played sparingly and not really doing a whole lot. After all that it was so obvious that he was moved up to 5th on the new orleans depth chart at WR coming into this last season and would have never really gotten a shot if not for injuries. This is on a team that was starting had david patton as a started and he is pretty much the definition of average or slightly worse receiver. If he was so obviously talented you would think those coaches watching him play every day in practice for 3 years would have given him a shot.

I am not saying he is not talented but their will really need to be more proof seen. As for reggie, yes, in the games he was playing he is a talented player. The thing about that is that him being on the field as a running back allows the defense to really concentrate on the pass.

Quote:
The Patriots as a team only had 300 more rushing yards in '06 than the Saints did in '08 and they both had the same amount of rushing TDs. Not to mention the Saints averaged more a YPC.

So no... he really didn't have much of a better running game. Laurence Maroney was a rookie and Corey Dillon was a washed up 13 yr veteran who scared no one outside of the goal line. OK so Brady had a much better defense. Cool. This is about their talent on offense and the stats they put up with that talent.
To say that 300 yards isn't a big difference in season rushing yardage is a little odd too. That is almost 19 yards a game, a pretty considerable amount. Take for instance the saints this year. They were 28th in rushing yards with just under 100. That is right near the botton of the league. Moving up 19 yards a game will put you 11th in the league, above the middle of the league in rushing. That is a pretty large difference.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, uh.. I never said it was obvious that Lance Moore is a great talent. I said he is above average. So.. don't put words in peoples mouth to try to prove a point. It looks bad.

Also, the Saints averaged more yards per carry. Had they had the same amount of attempts as the Patriots, they would have had equal or superior production. It's not Toms' fault he was in an offense that liked to run the ball a bit more.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Well, uh.. I never said it was obvious that Lance Moore is a great talent. I said he is above average. So.. don't put words in peoples mouth to try to prove a point. It looks bad.

Also, the Saints averaged more yards per carry. Had they had the same amount of attempts as the Patriots, they would have had equal or superior production. It's not Toms' fault he was in an offense that liked to run the ball a bit more.
OK, change my "great talent" to above average talent for a starting NFL receiver. It does not change the truth of the statement made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »