Home

NFL Draft 2009 Information

This is a discussion on NFL Draft 2009 Information within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will You Be Attending The Draft?
Yes 1 1.69%
No 5 8.47%
Now I Am Thanks For The Information 0 0%
I'll Be Watching From Home or With Friends 53 89.83%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
NFL Draft 2009 Information

I Will be attending this years draft at Radio City Music Hall and i would like to shed some light about the draft for those who are interested in attending. Im a 3 year "Die Hard" draft day fan and i have went to the past 4 NFL drafts so i am a seasoned vet for any information.

Draft Ticket Tips:

• Draft Day Tickets are 100% Free
  • A "Die Hard" is a fan who was at Day 2 of the draft and stayed the entire draft to receive a ticket for the following years draft
  • Being at the beginning of the line does not guarantee a good ticket and in fact there are no good seats for the draft depending on your position on the line because the tickets are:
  1. Handed out to "Die Hard" fans first
  2. The ticket seats are random
  3. The first person in line can possible have a bad seat (3rd Floor) so don't stress yourself to be first
  • The wait on-line is a BLAST!!! its so much fun to talk football with fellow fans or rivals in which makes time fly while waiting for wristband at midnight or ticket

If you are not a "Day 2 Die Hard" then you have to:
  1. Wait on-line at Radio City Music Hall April 24th until 12 a.m April 25th to receive a "Wristband" and after you get your wristband you go home or to hotel
  2. Get on line as earliest possible......i will be lining up with friends who do not have tickets at 4PM to wait for the midnight wristband distibution at Midnight
  3. You have to show back up to Radio City Music Hall at 2PM on the day of the draft (April 25th) to get inside starting at 2:45 the draft starts at 4PM

Fan guidelines for attending the 2009 NFL Draft

National Football League
The NFL announced procedures for fans wishing to attend the 74th NFL Draft on Saturday and Sunday, April 25-26, at Radio City Music Hall in New York. Rounds 1 and 2 will be held on Saturday beginning at 4 p.m. ET. Rounds 3 through 7 will be held on Sunday beginning at 10 a.m.
The draft is a free event. However, seating is extremely limited.

Day 1 procedures (April 25)

All persons wishing to attend the draft can line up beginning at 10:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24 on the 50th Street side of Radio City Music Hall. Wristbands to secure a ticket for entry into the draft will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning at midnight on Saturday, April 25. All persons wishing to attend the draft must be present in order to receive a wristband. No exceptions will be made.
Fans who receive wristbands may line up for entry into Radio City Music Hall beginning at 2:00 p.m., with doors opening at 2:45 p.m. Fan entry will take place at the "Carriage Door Entrance," located on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.
Fans in attendance will be a part of the NFL Network and ESPN live television audiences.

Day 2 procedures (April 26)

For Day 2 of the draft (Sunday), tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, with doors opening at 9 a.m. Day 2 will feature player autograph signings, cheerleader appearances, giveaways of NFL collectibles and other prizes, trivia contests, EA Madden games and other interactive elements. The Lombardi Trophy and a collection of Super Bowl rings also will be on display.

Additional experiences

Fans may experience the excitement of the NFL Draft with the Coors Light Draft Day Celebration. On Saturday, the NFL and Coors will distribute information on various locations throughout Manhattan to watch Day 1 of the NFL draft. Former NFL stars will be at select locations to sign autographs and watch the draft with the fans.
Fans also can purchase packages containing tickets to both days of the NFL Draft by contacting NFL On Location, the official source for authentic NFL experiences. Packages also include a Draft Day breakfast at Radio City Music Hall with an NFL analyst. Those interested may call 212-655-5665 or visit www.nflonlocation.net.
Held in New York since 1965, the NFL draft will be televised nationally by NFL Network and ESPN. This is the fourth consecutive year that the draft will be held at Radio City Music Hall.

Source for this article

Last edited by Blazin4QB; 04-14-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: NFL Draft 2009 Information

*sighs*....one day. Nice guide. NFL Draft For Idiots

Last edited by Big_Mig_11; 04-14-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: misspelled draft...guess that book is for me
Old 04-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Maybe I will go one year, for the experience, but I like watching it at home to hear the player/team analysis.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubs
Maybe I will go one year, for the experience, but I like watching it at home to hear the player/team analysis.
I with you there bro. I rather enjoy watching it on TV sitting on my couch, with my laptop in front of me.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Yeah I like the at home experience as well.

Do they have a few screen that have NFL network and ESPN on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

That is pretty cool info but, I never get too excited about the draft. I did in 07 watching it online and seeing my Browns get Thomas and Quinn and made me believe in them again. 10-6 felt right then I was slammed back to earth this last season.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Yeah I like the at home experience as well.

Do they have a few screen that have NFL network and ESPN on?
Here is an overview of the 4 Huge TV Screens During the Draft

Photobucket

NFL Network
Photobucket

They have 4 HUGE jumbotrons that play ESPN and NFL Network on each side but at the same time!!!

Photobucket

and as an added bonus ESPN and NFL Network are both filming the shows RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES lol......There isnt an HDTV that can get realer than that

We have things that go on every commercial thats you cant see from home such as mike golic being chanted on by fans to swallow donuts whole or people booing Mel Kipers analysis or getting autographs from legends and meeting players.......ITS A GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

I said to myself one year i would go and since i have yet to miss one lol
Old 04-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I with you there bro. I rather enjoy watching it on TV sitting on my couch, with my laptop in front of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubs

Hey man im with you but at the draft i have much laptop plugged up to an outlet at my seat enjoying the complimentary free WIFI......while watching either ESPN or NFL Network on the HUGE jumbotrons or i can look at them talk in front of my eyes

You have to go one year man you would love it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »