Home

This Made Me Smile :)

This is a discussion on This Made Me Smile :) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 05:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: This Made Me Smile :)

yep, quite a few spoofs in there. Dissapointing to see really. I remember the thread last year, but I never went back to it after playing the game. Glad I only rented last year, and knowing this, Im probably going to have to fight the urge to fall for the PR work this year, and rent a copy when released.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #18
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison160
yep, quite a few spoofs in there. Dissapointing to see really. I remember the thread last year, but I never went back to it after playing the game. Glad I only rented last year, and knowing this, Im probably going to have to fight the urge to fall for the PR work this year, and rent a copy when released.
I wait until Madden is out to get NCAA on eBay, then after a month or two of NCAA, I go back and get Madden. Saves me about $60 to $80 bucks, I still get to play both games, and I'm not as pissed off when the games don't live up to expectations.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
These made me cry.

Q-Is the full back dive is still really effective? (dbgameover)
A-Consistent gang tackles make this much less effective and more realistic.

My answer- Yes, the FB dive will rule all.

Q-I was wondering will weight play a bigger part in tackling this year? I dont like seeing a small back fall forward when a 320lb DT hits him head on. Thanks. (ImReady77)
A-Yes, weight, velocity, and momentum are all accounted for much more accurately. That being said, if the 320lb doesn't have the correct angle, or enough velocity, there is always a chance the smaller back could slip sideways and fall forward.

My answer- No, weight plays a very small part in Madden 09. I've hit ball carriers head on in 09 with lineman just to get "juno flipped" onto the ground.

Q-Will QB’s throw less interceptions this year? (booker21)
A-Yes, definitely.

My answer- Do you consider the CPU throwing 7 INTS in a game a lot?

Ian did answer a lot of questions truthfully but these answers really scared me.
Very skeptical responses. Of course we will have to wait and see but Ian has already said the FB dive will be much more realistic this year and has made specific comments about it. Did you miss those?

Ian said the FB dive was overly effective in the past because he got the ball too quickly due to some animation issues. But they fixed the animations and the FB isn't going full speed with the ball before the DL gets out of their stance as in the past. This might have to do with the new layering and branching stuff. Either way, I think you need to have a little more faith and read a little more about the changes for '10.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 04-17-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Very skeptical responses. Of course we will have to wait and see but Ian has already said the FB dive will be much more realistic this year and has made specific comments about it. Did you miss those?

Ian said the FB dive was overly effective in the past because he got the ball too quickly due to some animation issues. But they fixed the animations and the FB isn't going full speed with the ball before the DL gets out of their stance as in the past. This might have to do with the new layering and branching stuff. Either way, I think you need to have a little more faith and read a little more about the changes for '10.
That page was Ian talking about Madden 09. A David Ortiz production.

M10 will be a lot better. Ian Cummings Football 2010.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
That page was Ian talking about Madden 09. A David Ortiz production.

M10 will be a lot better. Ian Cummings Football 2010.
That's my exact point. M10 will be a lot better because of Ian Cummings. But the poster I was quoting was making comments about M10 based on old Ian comments which I felt was unfair. Sorry if I was unclear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
These made me cry.

Q-Is the full back dive is still really effective? (dbgameover)

A-Consistent gang tackles make this much less effective and more realistic.

My answer- Yes, the FB dive will rule all.

Q-I was wondering will weight play a bigger part in tackling this year? I dont like seeing a small back fall forward when a 320lb DT hits him head on. Thanks. (ImReady77)
A-Yes, weight, velocity, and momentum are all accounted for much more accurately. That being said, if the 320lb doesn't have the correct angle, or enough velocity, there is always a chance the smaller back could slip sideways and fall forward.

My answer- No, weight plays a very small part in Madden 09. I've hit ball carriers head on in 09 with lineman just to get "juno flipped" onto the ground.

Q-Will QB’s throw less interceptions this year? (booker21)
A-Yes, definitely.

My answer- Do you consider the CPU throwing 7 INTS in a game a lot?

Ian did answer a lot of questions truthfully but these answers really scared me.
That is disheartening, I think Ian actually believed those issues were fixed. I hope his belief that they are fixed again this year is more well grounded in fact.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #23
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's my exact point. M10 will be a lot better because of Ian Cummings. But the poster I was quoting was making comments about M10 based on old Ian comments which I felt was unfair. Sorry if I was unclear.
Such a bold statement for someone who is unproven; we'll wait and see.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
Such a bold statement for someone who is unproven; we'll wait and see.
I'm a believer.

Hope and change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »