Home

Franchise Additions and Some Cool Gameplay Ideas!

This is a discussion on Franchise Additions and Some Cool Gameplay Ideas! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Franchise Additions and Some Cool Gameplay Ideas!

I am all about franchise mode! And i know this is a BOOK! I have been ever since i can remember playing madden. Play just over half the games in a season so i can affect my players stats for the season. I really loved managing the salary cap in Head Coach, but in madden that aspect was lacking for me.

when starting a multiplayer franchise there should be an option to assign a controller to a specific team, that way there would be no accidentally signing or drafting a person for your friend's team. This would also allow for the same style of signing people that is used in nfl head coach which would be really neat for madden.

players, even recievers shouldnt increase in speed at all, and if that cant be fixed then they should only increase in 1, maybe 2 points over there whole career (in speed)

in madden the rookie contracts are no where near realistic, guys who are good but drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round for some reason always ask for more than 1 mil per year which is not realistic. NFL Head Coach got this aspect right, where pretty much anyone outside of the first round even if they were projected higher wouldnt ask for more than a million.

i would love to see players leave for more reasons than just not having enough cap, or the user just deciding not to sign him. Maybe a player wants more money, more PT, a better team, better coaches etc... whatever it is that happens in real life, implement it into the game.

i see that salary cap tuning will be attended to next time which is cool! after about year 3 i have around 38 million in cap with an superbowl caliber team. i have to set my own cap limit!

but what i really want to see is some sort of negotiation when dealing with contracts because as it is now, anyone you want to sign, you sign. Pretty much no matter what. I want to see un-restricted free agents want to leave to get a change of scenery or to get more playing time somewhere else. NCAA has the option of making promises to your recruits, and if you dont fulfill them, those recruits might transfer. it would be really cool to see promises in madden; if you dont fulfill them the player will demand a trade, or demand to be released!

back on the xbox and ps2, we were able to control ticket, food, merchandise, and parking prices...whatever happened to that? if people dont enjoy that stuff give them the option to turn it off. Also, have some sort of owner approval, if it gets too low you lose your job and may have to find a new job. position coaches would be a nice addition and pretty cool to see more of the better players retire to become those position coaches

creating an expansion team would be really fun too, i remember that All-Pro Baseball had this feature back in 2002 (maybe) and it started with an expansion draft and everything, it was really cool. have some way to compete with friends throughout franchise besides how many titles you win. Maybe how much money you earned, total amount of probowlers, longest winning streak, best drafting...etc

maybe more injuries, look at the seahawks this year, their top 3 recievers go down, most of the O-line, and others are injured. Much too often do i find myself with no injuries throughout a whole season. strategy that effects your next game, sort of like a gameplan that you focus on to give you a higher chance of winning. It could give you special boosts in areas that you choose in your gameplan.

One of the coolest things i've heard about for gameplay is a snap count where you choose either on 1, 2, or 3 and you as the QB have to hike it on that snap; if you hike too early then your O-line can possibly be dominated by the D-line... too late and your O-line will jump early causing a false start which would eliminate the randomness of that penalty. On the defensive side of the ball we need the jump the snap, early will be a encroachment or offsides/nuetral zone infraction, while jumping late will bring you to get dominated by the offensive lineman. also another thing i have heard is the preplay/pre-hike run/pass commit.

As would everyone else, i would love to see more catch animations...dives, one handed, not that lame spin around catch that no one in the NFL does! More tackle animations would be nice too. I think the hitstick needs to be alot harder to time, and only available to the elite players or to an offensive player who is going to be blind sided. Someone said it best when they said that the hit stick is more of a sure tackle than a normal tackle, which shouldnt be the case at all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Franchise Additions and Some Cool Gameplay Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
I am all about franchise mode! And i know this is a BOOK! I have been ever since i can remember playing madden. Play just over half the games in a season so i can affect my players stats for the season. I really loved managing the salary cap in Head Coach, but in madden that aspect was lacking for me.

when starting a multiplayer franchise there should be an option to assign a controller to a specific team, that way there would be no accidentally signing or drafting a person for your friend's team. This would also allow for the same style of signing people that is used in nfl head coach which would be really neat for madden.

players, even recievers shouldnt increase in speed at all, and if that cant be fixed then they should only increase in 1, maybe 2 points over there whole career (in speed)

in madden the rookie contracts are no where near realistic, guys who are good but drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round for some reason always ask for more than 1 mil per year which is not realistic. NFL Head Coach got this aspect right, where pretty much anyone outside of the first round even if they were projected higher wouldnt ask for more than a million.

i would love to see players leave for more reasons than just not having enough cap, or the user just deciding not to sign him. Maybe a player wants more money, more PT, a better team, better coaches etc... whatever it is that happens in real life, implement it into the game.

i see that salary cap tuning will be attended to next time which is cool! after about year 3 i have around 38 million in cap with an superbowl caliber team. i have to set my own cap limit!

but what i really want to see is some sort of negotiation when dealing with contracts because as it is now, anyone you want to sign, you sign. Pretty much no matter what. I want to see un-restricted free agents want to leave to get a change of scenery or to get more playing time somewhere else. NCAA has the option of making promises to your recruits, and if you dont fulfill them, those recruits might transfer. it would be really cool to see promises in madden; if you dont fulfill them the player will demand a trade, or demand to be released!

back on the xbox and ps2, we were able to control ticket, food, merchandise, and parking prices...whatever happened to that? if people dont enjoy that stuff give them the option to turn it off. Also, have some sort of owner approval, if it gets too low you lose your job and may have to find a new job. position coaches would be a nice addition and pretty cool to see more of the better players retire to become those position coaches

creating an expansion team would be really fun too, i remember that All-Pro Baseball had this feature back in 2002 (maybe) and it started with an expansion draft and everything, it was really cool. have some way to compete with friends throughout franchise besides how many titles you win. Maybe how much money you earned, total amount of probowlers, longest winning streak, best drafting...etc

maybe more injuries, look at the seahawks this year, their top 3 recievers go down, most of the O-line, and others are injured. Much too often do i find myself with no injuries throughout a whole season. strategy that effects your next game, sort of like a gameplan that you focus on to give you a higher chance of winning. It could give you special boosts in areas that you choose in your gameplan.

One of the coolest things i've heard about for gameplay is a snap count where you choose either on 1, 2, or 3 and you as the QB have to hike it on that snap; if you hike too early then your O-line can possibly be dominated by the D-line... too late and your O-line will jump early causing a false start which would eliminate the randomness of that penalty. On the defensive side of the ball we need the jump the snap, early will be a encroachment or offsides/nuetral zone infraction, while jumping late will bring you to get dominated by the offensive lineman. also another thing i have heard is the preplay/pre-hike run/pass commit.

As would everyone else, i would love to see more catch animations...dives, one handed, not that lame spin around catch that no one in the NFL does! More tackle animations would be nice too. I think the hitstick needs to be alot harder to time, and only available to the elite players or to an offensive player who is going to be blind sided. Someone said it best when they said that the hit stick is more of a sure tackle than a normal tackle, which shouldnt be the case at all!
I too would like a little challenge when it comes to signing players. Kind of make it like the NHL series where you would give bonuses for winning trophies or being in the top 5 of goals etc.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Pro

that could work too, i never played it maybe you could explain more about how that type of negotiation worked in that game?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #4

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
that could work too, i never played it maybe you could explain more about how that type of negotiation worked in that game?
Well first off, it was very difficult. You had the option of giving out bonuses to the players you wanted, and ultimately it just came down to the CPU logic i would assume. I never got everyone i wanted, even if i offered the most. I know it doesn't help much, so i encourage you to go on youtube and see if you can find anything.
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

by making the cap more relevant it will make signing players more diffucult. I know im head coach i can go out and win a bidding war on any player, but i also know if i do this, i will cripple my cap and team for years.

So i always enter bidding and if the price goes to high, i let another team win the player since i know the best strategy is to build through the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

Wishlist forum?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 AM   #7
Pro

i've posted this hear and there but i guess i will also post it in the wishlist forum...

but wasnt HC way of at least bidding for players better than the current madden's version? all you do is add one year onto whatever they are asking and you automatically sign them...

also what i thought was weird is that some people do experience cap difficulties in madden, which i thought was totally weird!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:20 AM   #8

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
i've posted this hear and there but i guess i will also post it in the wishlist forum...

but wasnt HC way of at least bidding for players better than the current madden's version? all you do is add one year onto whatever they are asking and you automatically sign them...

also what i thought was weird is that some people do experience cap difficulties in madden, which i thought was totally weird!
I always had trouble in with the cap in the beginning in madden, because i would always go for the quick fix, and sign the most higher coveted player at the position i needed. I would do like some real coaches do in the NFL and go through the draft...but you all know how that works...

But, after like 5-6 years the cap would get just insane, and i remember having over $100 million in cap space once. I think it was like 11-12 years into franchise if i am not mistaken.

If i could have things my way, i would do it like you scout and sign players in NCAA. Take the system where you try and sway the player by unlocking their needs and wants is smart, and would obviously take time and skill. I don't know about you guys, but i don't mind sitting in the off season for a good 30 minutes to an hour. I currently spend an hour in for The Shows off season fine tuning my baseball team, and there should be no excuse to extend madden off season from 10 minutes to an hour.
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »