Home

Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

This is a discussion on Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
Just feel like kicking off some nonsense.

But seriously, I dont understand. What dictates weather you play Madden or not? Refs on the field? Camera Angles? Alternate Uniforms?

Not me. To me, there's a difference between what I want in Madden, and what I need in Madden. The 1st reason I'm on this site monitoring the process is because I don't care what they do, I'm going to buy Madden 10, (already have) and stay up all night playing it, skipping work like its a Holiday.

I apply my Gameplan to Madden, then break down the game based off of what I see on Sunday's. Some of you guys sound like you need to check to find money plays to beat scrubs before you can enjoy the game.

Try this, play your first 5 games on-line and see if YOUR Game is the problem. Then hit the practice field and come get right. Just a suggestion.

I've never played 2k5, and think the 2k5 rejects are players that sucked at Madden back before it went arcadish a.k.a "The Forgotten Years".

Just joking, but the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.

Will Madden be 'perfect' this year? No. Thats like saying racism is going to end because my President is Black. I'm putting my money up for the process of change. Ian and the Team are putting themselves out there by talking about all these 'changes'. Where's the support? Can they do it? IDK, but I do know this is how it gets done.

Thank you for your time, feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

CVELL - G'Tag on PS3 & Xbox Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
2k5 isn't for everyone, but I loved it

Yeah, EA will get my money either way, but tons of people will wait because of the way EA played us before.

But again, this is a different team making the game.
Different team, same engine. Just sayin....
Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #10
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

All I'll need to convince me to buy this year's Madden is a very realistic and playable representation of the sport and a great broadcast package that really immerses me. It sounds so simple in theory... I have much hope though with this new Madden team.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 35

*sigh* Its really hard to "suck" at Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

I don't. I just want to see it before I go buy it.

I would have gotten ncaa and madden regardless.

THe NFL has got to me with such a wonderful product lol.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Some of you guys sound like you need to check to find money plays to beat scrubs before you can enjoy the game.
If you have been reading these forums for any length of time, and this is what you get from them, then you do not belong here. If anything the majority of us here want to see the cheap money plays removed from the game. I won't even comment on the rest of your nonsense.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #14
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't need to see much beyond what we will see and read here. Madden is day one purchase for me every year.

XBL: Lordcledus

Old 04-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Madden has been incredibly mediocre for a while now. It hasn't sucked. NCAA has sucked horribly and it looks like its headed in the same garbage direction as previous years.

Anyway, Madden is a definite rental as of now for me and the big features haven't even been announced yet.

Its honestly not going to take much for Madden to become a purchase for me. NCAA on the other hand...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Just feel like kicking off some nonsense.

But seriously, I dont understand. What dictates weather you play Madden or not? Refs on the field? Camera Angles? Alternate Uniforms?

Not me. To me, there's a difference between what I want in Madden, and what I need in Madden. The 1st reason I'm on this site monitoring the process is because I don't care what they do, I'm going to buy Madden 10, (already have) and stay up all night playing it, skipping work like its a Holiday.

I apply my Gameplan to Madden, then break down the game based off of what I see on Sunday's. Some of you guys sound like you need to check to find money plays to beat scrubs before you can enjoy the game.

Try this, play your first 5 games on-line and see if YOUR Game is the problem. Then hit the practice field and come get right. Just a suggestion.

I've never played 2k5, and think the 2k5 rejects are players that sucked at Madden back before it went arcadish a.k.a "The Forgotten Years".

Just joking, but the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.

Will Madden be 'perfect' this year? No. Thats like saying racism is going to end because my President is Black. I'm putting my money up for the process of change. Ian and the Team are putting themselves out there by talking about all these 'changes'. Where's the support? Can they do it? IDK, but I do know this is how it gets done.

Thank you for your time, feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

CVELL - G'Tag on PS3 & Xbox Live
Man, that was very well said. Although there is one area where we differ. I HAVE played 2k5, and I have no problems admitting that the 05 year was 2ks hands down.

One post here stated that Maddens last 4 releases sucked. I couldn't disagree more. Now....06 and 07, I can see eye to eye with you there. Those versions were garbage. Now that I think about it, those were the only 2 years in Madden history where I didn't purchase Madden. I went without playing a football game for 2 years. 06 I NEVER observed in motion(If i'm recalling correctly, maybe I saw a video or something?) 07 I borrowed it from a friend who kept saying it was the bomb. I gave it right back the next day with the swiftness, lol.

08 on the other hand, had me hooked, even with the flaws it had. Made me start looking forward to 09. 09 to me, is the ****. Only thing I'm still waiting on is some type of presentation. Sometimes (not always) franchise just gets boring because of the lack of presentation. Recently, I've been heavy into franchise and lovin every minute.

I say that, to say this. Dog, Madden aint half as bad as folks try and make it out to be. Thats not an opinion, thats a fact. I have my sliders tweaked just right, and the game plays very well. If your inclined to do so, check out some of my highlights on EAsports world and tell me that aint the ****. You wanna see recievers catchin passes in stride and breakin for tds, I got em. You wanna see some mean as runs, I got em.

I guess everyones game plays liquid(dynamic) so it seems everyone is getting a different outcome, or I guess I haven't taken into consideration that lots of folks play multiplayer and see glitches on a consistent basis which would lead to some of the gripes we get here. i dont play multi AT ALL, so i guess I'm not seeing these glitches as much. When I'm playing I dont see much of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »