Home

Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

This is a discussion on Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
Just feel like kicking off some nonsense.

But seriously, I dont understand. What dictates weather you play Madden or not? Refs on the field? Camera Angles? Alternate Uniforms?

Not me. To me, there's a difference between what I want in Madden, and what I need in Madden. The 1st reason I'm on this site monitoring the process is because I don't care what they do, I'm going to buy Madden 10, (already have) and stay up all night playing it, skipping work like its a Holiday.

I apply my Gameplan to Madden, then break down the game based off of what I see on Sunday's. Some of you guys sound like you need to check to find money plays to beat scrubs before you can enjoy the game.

Try this, play your first 5 games on-line and see if YOUR Game is the problem. Then hit the practice field and come get right. Just a suggestion.

I've never played 2k5, and think the 2k5 rejects are players that sucked at Madden back before it went arcadish a.k.a "The Forgotten Years".

Just joking, but the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.

Will Madden be 'perfect' this year? No. Thats like saying racism is going to end because my President is Black. I'm putting my money up for the process of change. Ian and the Team are putting themselves out there by talking about all these 'changes'. Where's the support? Can they do it? IDK, but I do know this is how it gets done.

Thank you for your time, feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

CVELL - G'Tag on PS3 & Xbox Live
How about people are sick of the gameplay problems? The same ones they complain about every year and nothing is ever done about it! That good enough reason?
How about the fact that the presentation is a disgrace? It is pretty bad when a game released 6 years ago on a last gen system is still the bar you hope to reach ONE DAY!
How about the fact that people don't have the money right now to go and blow $60 on a roster update!?
You act like if we don't buy this game it's because we can't cheat and thats just not true. The reason is because we want a complete game. I will wait to see what the presentation is like and if there is online franchise before I make my preorder. If either of those are lacking I will not be purchasing Madden again this year. (Going on 4 years now! Althogh I do play my brothers just to see the progression or lack there of.).
Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #18
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
I've never played 2k5... the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.
They are lame and you haven't even played the game? Pathetic.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Is this guy serious? Madden has been for the Arcade cheesers and 2k is for the sim guys. Now I'm not saying 2k is perfect. They did have some gameplay issuees like Man Coverage in 2k5 but it still blew Madden away.

Madden is a rental right now for me. If I see gameplay and it looks solid I may consider buying it. To me this is a "what have you done for me lately" world, and the only thing EA has done for me lately is lighten my wallet every August.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

In regards to Madden...

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

So...the devs are here to fix it...

Therefore, it is broke.

/thread
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Same reason I generally wait on anything with a sketchy track record. To make sure it's money well spent.
Looks like Madden is heading in the right direction and I'm happy about that.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #22
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same reason I generally wait on anything with a sketchy track record. To make sure it's money well spent.
Exactly, why burn your hard earned $$$ on a game that's not worth it to you?

Plus, it's hard to support a monopoly.

I only buy games brand new when I believe in the publisher and I want to see a new revision of the game. It's been a long time since EA has produced a Madden game that instilled a desire for a future installment.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

Two words: Sixty bucks.

May not be much to some, but to me, that's alot of money to spend on something that may become a coaster after a few weeks...

I'm hoping this year will be akin to The Show----one of those "I just can't put this game down!!" titles...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

MONEY

HEADACHE

DISAPPOINTMENT

PS3 08 was a waste of my money, a headache (crashing bugs), and a huge disappointment

PS3 09 was a headache (lots of crashing issues that eventually were fixed) and a somewhat of disappointment and I think it was over priced for what it was

I am in the boat with you that I will buy it on release day but only because I have faith in what they are doing this year. If it wasn't for the interaction with the community and the result of that I do not think I would say the same thing though. The last two years weren't what a game should be on release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »