Home

Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

This is a discussion on Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Need to hear more franchise improvements.

Need to know my disc won't have a freezing problem.

Need gameplay improvements.

Thats it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'll wait til the demo is out before I make a final decision to buy or not
Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same reason I generally wait on anything with a sketchy track record. To make sure it's money well spent.
Looks like Madden is heading in the right direction and I'm happy about that.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 5

This is just your shtick right? It has to be. Good effort, but poor implementation.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #29
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
Just feel like kicking off some nonsense.

But seriously, I dont understand. What dictates weather you play Madden or not? Refs on the field? Camera Angles? Alternate Uniforms?

Not me. To me, there's a difference between what I want in Madden, and what I need in Madden. The 1st reason I'm on this site monitoring the process is because I don't care what they do, I'm going to buy Madden 10, (already have) and stay up all night playing it, skipping work like its a Holiday.
The problem with what you're doing is that you're blindly throwing away your money. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it, you wouldn't take medicine without knowing what it does, etc. Basically, you owe it to yourself as a consumer to get the best bang for your buck. If you don't mind throwing away $60 (especially in this economy) go for it, but that will basically encourage any company you sink your money into to keep up their status quo. If a company can put out an inferior product & still sell millions, why should they improve it. By not giving a company your hard earned money, you dictate to them that their product/service isn't good enough and that they need to work harder to appeal to you.

Quote:
I've never played 2k5, and think the 2k5 rejects are players that sucked at Madden back before it went arcadish a.k.a "The Forgotten Years".

Just joking, but the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.
The main difference between a 2K fan & a Madden fan is simply the game engine preference. Most 2K fans agree that current gen Maddens look amazing & are stuffed with extras, but the gameplay has not really changed for over 5+ years except for a couple bells & whistles. Both football engines do things right, but it feels, to me, like the 2K version plays a more realistic version of football. As someone stated, if you want to see what ESPN NFL2K5 is all about pick it up for $1 at a local Gamestop. After you've played a game or three and you're still not impressed, no money lost.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Just feel like kicking off some nonsense.

But seriously, I dont understand. What dictates weather you play Madden or not? Refs on the field? Camera Angles? Alternate Uniforms?

Not me. To me, there's a difference between what I want in Madden, and what I need in Madden. The 1st reason I'm on this site monitoring the process is because I don't care what they do, I'm going to buy Madden 10, (already have) and stay up all night playing it, skipping work like its a Holiday.

I apply my Gameplan to Madden, then break down the game based off of what I see on Sunday's. Some of you guys sound like you need to check to find money plays to beat scrubs before you can enjoy the game.

Try this, play your first 5 games on-line and see if YOUR Game is the problem. Then hit the practice field and come get right. Just a suggestion.

I've never played 2k5, and think the 2k5 rejects are players that sucked at Madden back before it went arcadish a.k.a "The Forgotten Years".

Just joking, but the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.

Will Madden be 'perfect' this year? No. Thats like saying racism is going to end because my President is Black. I'm putting my money up for the process of change. Ian and the Team are putting themselves out there by talking about all these 'changes'. Where's the support? Can they do it? IDK, but I do know this is how it gets done.

Thank you for your time, feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

CVELL - G'Tag on PS3 & Xbox Live

Ugggh! So you're the reason why Madden has been so damn sub par these last 4 years. You'll buy whatever they feed you. God I'm glad Ian and Co. aren't listening to ppl like you and instead are asking guys like Watcher and rgiles what they think.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #31
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Ahhhh yes. Ignorance is truly Bliss!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
awesome gif.

btw, im buying madden just going off of what Iv'e seen so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »