Home

Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

This is a discussion on Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Ugggh! So you're the reason why Madden has been so damn sub par these last 4 years. You'll buy whatever they feed you. God I'm glad Ian and Co. aren't listening to ppl like you and instead are asking guys like Watcher and rgiles what they think.
Well said!! Exactly!!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #34
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

For me to go get this game, I want to see presentation. The gameplay in Madden for me is arcadey, but I can get over that if they present a fine game of football. What I want is a solid pregame that has some sort of mention of the players on the field. I want a halftime update, even if it is Todd Hammond going over stats and other games (in franchise). I want a postgame with analysis from Collinsworth. I want stat overlays that look like something you would see on FOX or ESPN. I want a weekly wrap- up show that tells me about the league in franchise.

I also want better graphics than what we have had in the past, and most of this comes from options. When the Eagles break out the all whites against Dallas, or when Arizona goes all red against the Seahawks, I want to be able to change the pants and jerseys to match. I want all of the alternates in the game, including the AFL uniform throwbacks.

I also want to see the gameplay tuned (from what I judge from Ian's comments though, I probably won't be disapointed by this). Of course, if this all doesn't make it, I'm ok with it as long as it looks like they are taking the steps in the right direction.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
Just feel like kicking off some nonsense.

But seriously, I dont understand. What dictates weather you play Madden or not? Refs on the field? Camera Angles? Alternate Uniforms?
If the Madden team didn't change and things proceeded as they have had for the past 4 years then I had ZERO intention of buying Madden... why should I buy a game that I'm not going to play?!

Now, I have every intention of buying Madden 10 to see the changes up close and personal, BUT if camera angles don't make it in then I will have to pass and MAYBE rent it at best.

But to buy Madden year after year in a zombie like state where you just walk to the store and give them your $$ regardless of how crappy the previous years game was is questionable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

I always buy Madden, and NCAA just because I need my football fix. I prefer playing NCAA but the last NCAA game I enjoyed was 2005.

I don't care about uniforms, stadiums, announcers and presentation. All I care about is gameplay and online leagues (online franchise would be awesome).

Before online play I would care more about the little things, but since online play I don't waste my time playing the computer besides practice mode.

I usually go with the game I believe plays better and I play NCAA dynasty on my own but I just sim the games and recruit. I would play online dynasty if the gameplay was decent.

Here's how I would rank stuff that matters to me:

1. Gameplay (if the gameplay sucks why bother)
2. online leagues, dynasty, or franchise
3. Playbooks (this goes hand in hand with gameplay though IMO)
4. play calling screen, and menu's (as long as they're serviceable I dont care though)
5. the rest of the things are just bonuses. The graphics could be generic as long as the gameplay is awesome.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

Why do I need to wait and see? Because I am an educated shopper. Whether it be a car, a phone, a restaurant, or a video game, I want to do my homework. I want to know if the company is reliable and backs their product.

I didn't buy 09, because in 08 they talked a big game and let the consumer down. But, as a whole, EA and Tiburon have been reliable and put out quality products. So, if 2010 is up to standards, the reviews and the consumer comments will prove it. We don't live in the dark ages any longer. Information spreads like wildfire in today's world.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 9

Cool, glad to hear from everyone.

First of all, how you spend your money is not my business, so of course my title could have been better. My intent was just to ask a question about Gamers bottom lines. Some are presentation issues, most game play, some based on past experiences. Its all good.

Secondly I threw out a bunch of my opinions. Yes, the 2k jab was just that, a jab. Its intent was grounded solely in loyalty, not a judgement of a game I have never played.

I just think its interesting that we are finally taking bigger steps toward getting our game back and it seems its going to be a year full of people nit picking every little issue. Its good to see posts grounded in reality issues, and not saying things like the game is a no buy if it doesn't have coaches on the sidelines.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
Cool, glad to hear from everyone.

First of all, how you spend your money is not my business, so of course my title could have been better. My intent was just to ask a question about Gamers bottom lines. Some are presentation issues, most game play, some based on past experiences. Its all good.

Secondly I threw out a bunch of my opinions. Yes, the 2k jab was just that, a jab. Its intent was grounded solely in loyalty, not a judgement of a game I have never played.

I just think its interesting that we are finally taking bigger steps toward getting our game back and it seems its going to be a year full of people nit picking every little issue. Its good to see posts grounded in reality issues, and not saying things like the game is a no buy if it doesn't have coaches on the sidelines.

Thanks
. Bravo. Cosignin, lol!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 17

Joke topic?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »