Home

Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

This is a discussion on Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #41
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

I owned Madden '05 and 2k5 and personally i liked Madden better.. it felt like more of a chess match to me....

But anywho i buy madden every year regardless of how good it is simply because EA takes advantage of my passion for the game of football... I MUST have a football video game just to get my fix tuesday through saturday... oh and on sunday and monday while watching football on another tv right next to it..... anyways there are no "game killers" to me as far as buying it or not with me... but basically how good a game is makes the difference on if i continue playing it after football season is over... and how long i can play without getting bored and turning it off...

The things they have fixed already this year is plenty enough for me to buy the game and enjoy it more than this past year.... But i do miss the days of competition among two developers of video game football.... the games were just better period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
Just feel like kicking off some nonsense.

But seriously, I dont understand. What dictates weather you play Madden or not? Refs on the field? Camera Angles? Alternate Uniforms?

Not me. To me, there's a difference between what I want in Madden, and what I need in Madden. The 1st reason I'm on this site monitoring the process is because I don't care what they do, I'm going to buy Madden 10, (already have) and stay up all night playing it, skipping work like its a Holiday.

I apply my Gameplan to Madden, then break down the game based off of what I see on Sunday's. Some of you guys sound like you need to check to find money plays to beat scrubs before you can enjoy the game.

Try this, play your first 5 games on-line and see if YOUR Game is the problem. Then hit the practice field and come get right. Just a suggestion.

I've never played 2k5, and think the 2k5 rejects are players that sucked at Madden back before it went arcadish a.k.a "The Forgotten Years".

Just joking, but the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.

Will Madden be 'perfect' this year? No. Thats like saying racism is going to end because my President is Black. I'm putting my money up for the process of change. Ian and the Team are putting themselves out there by talking about all these 'changes'. Where's the support? Can they do it? IDK, but I do know this is how it gets done.

Thank you for your time, feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

CVELL - G'Tag on PS3 & Xbox Live
What the?
All I am going to say is this;
I am defiantly with-out a doubt going to rent it before I buy it.
I am not taking the chance.......again.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Will Madden be 'perfect' this year? No. Thats like saying racism is going to end because my President is Black. I'm putting my money up for the process of change. Ian and the Team are putting themselves out there by talking about all these 'changes'. Where's the support? Can they do it? IDK, but I do know this is how it gets done.
My Lambo is blue...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 12

The OP said he's going to buy Madden no matter what. He doesn't care about new features or whatever is added or removed. He said he's buying the game on day 1 and staying up all night playing it. Which is perfectly fine for him.

Why should anyone bother explaining to him why the rest of us would just like to sample the game before we get it? Or get a preview or rent it first?

The OP is going to immediately disagree with anyone who doesn't blindly buy the game on day one without question.

I personally hold Madden u pto the standard set by NFL 2K5 and I don't care who is offended by that - even Ian himself.

That game was the best NFL game I ever played and Madden has never matched it IMO.

But I'm always looking forward to the day that EA-Tiburon finally figures out the secret formula and makes a better game. It just hasn't happened yet IMO.

Last edited by Netherscourge; 04-17-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Because I'm not this....

Quote:
I've never played 2k5, but the 2k5 comparisons are lame. oh yeah, IMO.

An opinion based off nothing is worth....

Last edited by totalownership; 04-17-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #46

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
The OP said he's going to buy Madden no matter what. He doesn't care about new features or whatever is added or removed. He said he's buying the game on day 1 and staying up all night playing it. Which is perfectly fine for him.

Why should anyone bother explaining to him why the rest of us would just like to sample the game before we get it? Or get a preview or rent it first?

The OP is going to immediately disagree with anyone who doesn't blindly buy the game on day one without question.
I don't think he disagreed with anyone and was simply looking for different viewpoints. He even posted that it isn't his business how anyone spends their money (you must have missed that post).

I for one am in agreement with him. I will buy the game regardless because I will play it either way (I have to have my football fix).

If it sucks like it has in the past, we will all be on here again trying to help the devs to make it better, but if not, good for us all.

If anyone wants to rent it and not buy in case it sucks, fine by me. But I will be buying it, probably at midnight again.

What I find interesting is all the people that have come into this thread and called the OP nuts or a sheep because he already knows he is going to buy it.

I personally don't care what anyone else is going to do in regards to Madden, but I am with the OP and will be buying it no matter what.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What I find interesting is all the people that have come into this thread and called the OP nuts or a sheep because he already knows he is going to buy it.

I personally don't care what anyone else is going to do in regards to Madden, but I am with the OP and will be buying it no matter what.
He asked and we answered. He asked why do we need to wait and I said because I'm not sheep.

EDIT: And to take it even further his opinion of the 2K5 comparison was even worse. Here we have the actually devlopers looking closely at 2K5 yet he "in his opinion" thinks it's lame. This thread is like grits, almost no dietary value.

Last edited by totalownership; 04-17-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #48

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
He asked and we answered. He asked why do we need to wait and I said because I'm not sheep.
Basically inferring that he is a sheep because he does not want to wait.

Correct?

Why are we sheeps for knowing that we will play the game regardless of if it is up to our standards or not?

I have not been happy with the game the last few years yet I have still played it and found ways for it to make me happy.

If this years game sucks I will do the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »