Home

Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

This is a discussion on Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #49
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jul 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Basically inferring that he is a sheep because he does not want to wait.

Correct?


Why are we sheeps for knowing that we will play the game regardless of if it is up to our standards or not?

I have not been happy with the game the last few years yet I have still played it and found ways for it to make me happy.

If this years game sucks I will do the same.
Ok how about this. I'm not the loyal family dog. Wherever master goes I want to go.
totalownership is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #50
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,375
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Ok how about this. I'm not the loyal family dog. Wherever master goes I want to go.
So basically you have no real argument so you just want to throw weak shots at others by using weak analogies?

Ok

And BTW, here at home my master calls me Fido.
kehlis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #51
MVP
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Basically inferring that he is a sheep because he does not want to wait.

Correct?


Why are we sheeps for knowing that we will play the game regardless of if it is up to our standards or not?

I have not been happy with the game the last few years yet I have still played it and found ways for it to make me happy.

If this years game sucks I will do the same.


If you have to find a way to make a game fun to play, then the game has failed.

If you keep buying the game every year not even caring if it's actually good or not, then hey - it's your money.

The danger is that people like you are giving EA-Tiburon incentive to not put any effort into upgrading the game.

They could take one look at your comments and say to themselves "Hell, this guy would buy a bag of poop as long as John Madden's likeness is on it somewhere..."

Someone has to set a standard.
Netherscourge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #52
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,375
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
If you have to find a way to make a game fun to play, then the game has failed.
How can a game that is fun for me, have failed? That said, I do agree the games of the past have failed, and a better word for me to have used would have been for me to say "I made due and enjoyed myself."

Quote:
If you keep buying the game every year not even caring if it's actually good or not, then hey - it's your money.
Exactly, I still don't understand why people on here care how others spend their money.

Quote:
The danger is that people like you are giving EA-Tiburon incentive to not put any effort into upgrading the game.
If that is how you look at it I am okay with that. I disagree though. I have still been on here and voiced my opinion, and it appears changes will be made.

But if my people are the scourge to the earth and if it is because of us that the game sucks I apologize in advance on behalf of me and my "people"

Quote:
They could take one look at your comments and say to themselves "Hell, this guy would buy a bag of poop as long as John Madden's likeness is on it somewhere..."
I could care less about Madden. As I previously stated, I want to play an NFL game, and I know I am going to play it no matter what. This is the only option, so what research do I have to do?

All this said, I in no way shape or form am looking for a lazy product or a bad game.

I am just saying that I will be playing a football game this year, and it will be Madden.

Sorry to all of those I offend.

Last edited by kehlis; 04-17-2009 at 01:25 PM.
kehlis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #53
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jul 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So basically you have no real argument so you just want to throw weak shots at others by using weak analogies?

Ok

And BTW, here at home my master calls me Fido.
What additional argument do I need? I'm a free thinking being. So I wont blindly follow or purchase and I need an argument?
totalownership is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #54
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,375
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
What additional argument do I need? I'm a free thinking being. So I wont blindly follow or purchase and I need an argument?
YOU don't need an argument for wanting to wait.

However, if you are going to tell other people they are wrong for admitting they are just going to buy it, you need better arguments to prove they are wrong other than:
1.I am not a sheep
2.I am not a dog that follows his master.

As I have said, I have no qualms about you deciding to hold off. But if you are going to tell others they are wrong, how about a more informative response like Netherscourge did.

He disagreed with me and actually brought up real points why he thought I was wrong.
kehlis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #55
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
YOU don't need an argument for wanting to wait.

However, if you are going to tell other people they are wrong for admitting they are just going to buy it, you need better arguments to prove they are wrong other than:
1.I am not a sheep
2.I am not a dog that follows his master.

As I have said, I have no qualms about you deciding to hold off. But if you are going to tell others they are wrong, how about a more informative response like Netherscourge did.

He disagreed with me and actually brought up real points why he thought I was wrong.
No doubt, I don't see the reason to lump people who buy Madden because you don't like at as sheep.

If 2k5 is so great why bother buying another game? Just update the rosters every year and enjoy it.

I do agree the gameplay for Madden is not perfect but I still enjoy playing it more then I ever enjoyed playing 2k5. I enjoyed Madden 05 more than 2k5. I could care less about presentation to be honest all I care about is gameplay and immersion (online leagues and online franchise). Does that make me wrong? I don't think it does, just like I don't think your enjoyment of 2k5 makes you wrong. Different strokes for different folks.

The game will always be designed for the general public and I accept it. I just try to make adjustments to accomidate it for my liking.
MoneyMoesh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #56
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
Re: Why do you need to wait to see if Madden is 'good' before you buy it?

Seems only fitting. Madden on the cover, with Favre in a little bubble thought above his head.
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Top -