Home

Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7
Ratings

look EA if a guy runs a 4.2 40 he is a 99 speed whether hes barry sanders or an UDFA. dont compensate by ****ing people out of thier legit ratings, if they suck overall make up for it somehow maybe even more awr cut or find a new way to balance out ovr or something but dont give a 4.2 40 guy 90spd because he was an UDFA thats just plain stupid...

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Ratings

good thing you made another one..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

A guy who runs a 4.2 doesn't necessarily have football speed. Track speed and football speed are 2 different things.

There's a lot of guys who are fast but play slow because they react a lot slower than the elite players. If you know where your going your going to move a lot faster than a guy who takes a split second to make a decision. That's basically the difference between a 4.2 and 4.6. You also have the difference of running with pads and in football your not usually running in a straight line.

I think the best rating to reflect that with would be acceleration. If you give the top players real good acceleration and a lesser player with top end speed slower acceleration it might make them play realistic. The fast guys might still catch the elite player with less speed but since it takes them a while to accelerate it will be farther down the field. This is all speculation on my part and I'm sure the developers would know better than me.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

^that should be reelected in route running and coverage skills as well as the angles the player takes ect...

If i am user controlling a player then those ratings are negated and thus i should be able to use his full sprint speed.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigspigs76
^that should be reelected in route running and coverage skills as well as the angles the player takes ect...

If i am user controlling a player then those ratings are negated and thus i should be able to use his full sprint speed.
true, but in football your not in a track meet. A lot of these guys go to performance institutes and/or use their track knowledge (if applicable) to run faster 40 times. Alot of times these guys aren't as fast on the football field as they are in track.

My best example would be Ahman Green, that dude ran 4.32 electronic time at Nebraska which is the equivalent of a 4.2 hand time. That guy never looked that fast on the football field and I've seen him get caught from behind at Nebraska and in the pro's by guys who where not that fast. I'm not just talking angles either just straight up sprints. Lawrence Phillips on the other hand who's fastest 40 time time at NU was probably a high 4.4 just looked alot faster and I dont remember someone running him down without an angle in college.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

40 time is not functional speed. Players are very rarely at full speed in the NFL. Pretty much only when in the open field.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
40 time is not functional speed. Players are very rarely at full speed in the NFL. Pretty much only when in the open field.
Exactly Sir, good point.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Your right, not even corners hit top speed that much because they have to slow down to read the WR and change directions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »