Home

Official Petition to get John Madden on the cover.

This is a discussion on Official Petition to get John Madden on the cover. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Should John Madden be on the cover of Madden NFL 2010
No. 34 14.98%
Yes. 133 58.59%
Yes, but only on the Colletor's Edition. 44 19.38%
Yes, but only in a box like Maden 2001. 16 7.05%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Official Petition to get John Madden on the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc

Thank you, Finally someone else who at least sounds like they dislike Mr. Madden. That man would restate the blantly obvious over and over and over....

This is madden on broad casting
"Well the ball was one yard short. If only he got that one yard it would have been a touchdown. See here he makes the choice that only lets him get one yard away. If he had done this he would have got the one yard to get the touchdown."

We get that the ball is one yard short Madden haha.

Im happy the man finally retired. That being said IDC if hes on the cover of madden or not. I could really care less about who makes the cover aside from the madden curse it means nothing. Id be content with Pop Eye the Sailor man or Spiderman on the cover of madden
Come on man, thats the beauty of Madden. Thats his trademark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #66
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Madden on the cover of a special edition to commerate the retirement seems like a no brainer....seems like ALL games get released now with "Collector's Editions" (like RE5, KZ2, RB6V2, Halo3, etc. and also Madden 2005 - 15th anniversary and 2007 - HOF editions) so a special edition Madden NFL 10 retirement edition seems pre-ordained...

I would LOVE to have EA go back and use the voice samples of Madden and Summerall circa 1983 - 1993 and create a new digital version of them to be the announcing team for the game...not their current voices, which to be honest reflect the age of these two broadcasting legends, but their actual voices from that period. I have no idea if the technology to do this exists yet, but it would be great to have a digital "Summerall" voice and digitial "Madden" voice that could be used to recite scripts of words they may have never used or recorded...maybe that will have to wait for a while longer...lol!

Most of the Madden gamers out there - except for those of us heading into our late-30's and early-40's - have no idea how good Madden and Summerall were at their best. Those who missed their prime got cheated somewhat by only getting to see and hear broadcasts when one or both legends were well past their prime and either self-parodying (Madden) or no longer sharp and incisive (Summerall)...but when they were on the top of their game there was no greater duo for a game and no other teaming (MAYBE the original MNF crew with Cosell, Meredith and Gifford) conveyed the sense of "BIG GAME" than Madden and Summerall....
Well said. He and Summerall were great together. Those now-legendary NFC Championship games in the 80s and 90s were better because they were the commentators. And I thought Madden did a good job in his last game - Super Bowl 43.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #67
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Bump. I want to see how people feel after some time has passed. Any other votes and comments as to why they voted that way?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 39

i would still want to see a collectors edition with madden
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #69
Rookie

PapaOso's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes, its the end of an era so EA should close this out with class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »