Home

Franchise Mode Question for Madden 10

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Question for Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Mode Question for Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
I hope so..back on last gen I used to build an all around dominate team..than try to pick up one of the worst teams and see if can eventually make them better than the monster I created..Pretty fun.
I would do the same exact thing! I also would switch owners to a team and resign all their players to one year deals and relocate them, so that the entire roster gets cleared when they relocate, its my own "expansion team" mode. Its great fun
Old 04-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

Yeah this is needed...badly..
Old 04-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
To me it doesnt matter if i want to change team i start again since theres no mechanism for replacing the elites 99 ovr that retire the game becomes how should i say "less real" , Draftable Fullbacks anyone??
The reason I don't like to start over if I want a new team is that I like having the players that are currently involved in my franchise. I like bringing a couple guys with me who I drafted when I build my new team. I like facing my former team and play against the guys I had built that team with. I like to see players from my previous team up there in statistical categories and try to better them with my new guys.

It doesn't take away from the game having this option in place, because it's just that, an option. In past gen versions you didn't have to change teams at all if you didn't want to, but it's nice to have the ability to do so if I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

this option would definitely enhance franchise mode ... I always get bored of playing with the same team after a few years and would love to be able to switch to a low-end team and play against the team I had previously built into a champ.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
Rookie

It's nice to see that they are some people who would like to have this. Hopefully one of the devs takes note of this thread or even chimes in and lets us know if we'll be able to or not.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
The reason I don't like to start over if I want a new team is that I like having the players that are currently involved in my franchise. I like bringing a couple guys with me who I drafted when I build my new team. I like facing my former team and play against the guys I had built that team with. I like to see players from my previous team up there in statistical categories and try to better them with my new guys.

It doesn't take away from the game having this option in place, because it's just that, an option. In past gen versions you didn't have to change teams at all if you didn't want to, but it's nice to have the ability to do so if I want.

I think this exact same thing ver batem

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
I think this exact same thing ver batem
Good to hear! This has always been a big thing for me in any sports game. I used to play the NHL series a lot too (we're talking back in early 2000s), but stopped once they changed up the dynasty mode and took away this feature. Yes it's more in depth now and the gameplay is way better, but I don't like hockey enough to warrant a purchase when I know I won't be able to switch teams if I want to (then again you may be able to now but I wouldn't know since I haven't played it since 2005).

Another thing I've done in the past with this feature in Madden is my own combination of franchise/superstar mode. I'd create my player, but also have control over the team because I love that aspect of the game as well and you can't do that in superstar mode alone (also this was before there even was a superstar mode). Then I'd trade myself somewhere and then switch to that team. Maybe after 2 straight super bowl losses I've decided to try my luck with a new team and this way I can continue with my player that I've taken through NCAA and brought into Madden and don't have to start a new franchise with a new created player just to play on a different team.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »