Home

Have OVR Rating Based On Expectations

This is a discussion on Have OVR Rating Based On Expectations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Have OVR Rating Based On Expectations

After reading through other threads debating about different types of progression that affects the overall and so forth, I came up with an idea.

How about not having the OVR mean anything to the players' attributes. Have it based on expectations for that player for that upcoming season.

EX: 2007 Derek Anderson had something like a mid-70s overall and became a Pro Bowler that season with the Browns. Next season he came in at an 87/88 because he was expected to perform at that level, maybe even higher. But since he failed expectations last season, his rating is going to and should drop.

EX: Peyton Manning entered 2008 with a 99 overall, and won the MVP award and had another Pro Bowl season. Now in '10 he'll be a 97-99 probably because he is expected to have another outstanding season.

With the OVR rating based on a player's expectations ends the need to lower the tackling rating of an Ed Reed or Champ Bailey just so their OVR meets their opinions. Now a player can have his proper attributes but then have that OVR rating to show the gamer what kind of season that player should have. I'm sure most agree with the fact that they expect AD to have a better season than Ryan Grant or LT. But if Peterson fails those expectations then he should drop a point or two in OVR. Same vice-versa if LT rebounds back and rushes for 1400 yards and 12 touchdowns then he should rise a point or two, based on his age and scheme.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Have OVR Rating Based On Expectations

I don't like the idea. This would amount to basically a: Last Year's Stat's rating.

Now if they added a rating for that I wouldn't and keep the OVR the way it is I wouldn't oppose it.

I feel the OVR needs to be a number based on all the players ratings and the effect of those on the specific position they are playing.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

IMO thats a bad idea...Unless you had super hard sliders, all your players would be sooo much better than the CPU's

Your idea is on the right track what HC09 does with players progress base on stats...Cant wait for more info on the franchise mode...Im sure it will be in HC's direction...
Old 04-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #4

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't like that. Just because you expect something doesn't mean its going to happen. You can clearly tell players rating by there ability on the field. This is with every player, they have high expectations of themselves and the players around them.

It doesn't always mean that there going to play the way they think they can play or what people expect them too. When you play in the NFL the expectation of your players will always have to be high.

That shouldn't make them good just because you expect it. The Superstars of the league is of course always expected to do the same or at least repeat what they did in there best and good seasons and so on.

How you progress threw the season is the only way to see how people expect them to play.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Let me give you an NBA example

Greg Oden would be in the mid 80s based on your idea. When in fact he hasn't done a damn thing in the NBA

I don't like this idea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Let me give you an NBA example

Greg Oden would be in the mid 80s based on your idea. When in fact he hasn't done a damn thing in the NBA

I don't like this idea

Lmao!!! Rodney Stuckey would be mid 90's

Tim couch??? Oh lawd

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »