Home

EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

This is a discussion on EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #73
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

This is the biggest bait and switch topic I have seen, the fact that it has gotten to 7 pages makes me wonder if anyone moderates these forums any longer.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
Actually I think hmoob has made the most sense here. And has rightfully called out some horribly put together arguments.

The EA/Madden mob that this site/forum has turned into is ridiculous. If Ian and/or EA don't get their *** kissed, the threads are shut down.

EA has destroyed their credibility with the community, for their constant lies, hyper-cut-throat marketing tactics, and strong arming out a beloved football franchise "2k football" ... after all that, it's going to take more than a few blogs and some interaction on a message board to wipe that slate clean.

The Tiburon/EA/Madden team deserves every bit of criticism and cynicism they've been getting until they can drop a product that deserves otherwise. This is our backyard at operation sports, if they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen. I'm not going to sit around and play nice because EA wants to infiltrate our message board. Make a good game, back up everything you've promised, ditch the exclusivity, and then you'll start earning the communities respect again.
Great post, and I agree. One guy links videos from past Maddens showing super-unrealistic tackles and the absolutely arcade nature of Madden and they're expectedly ignored. These Madden fans would rather put their faith in Phil, who's given us NFL Tour and create-a-fan in the past, and Ian, who seems to be on the right track but who has not delivered anything yet and who is limited by the same old STALE Tiburon football engine, than have faith in something new which looks VERY promising like Backbreaker. Then again, many of these same Madden fans preferred to keep their head in the sand back when 2k introduced true qb pockets, eliminated Mario Running (a good 4 years before Tiburon did), and wowed us with 2k's presentation. Like someone else said, some people are just resistant to change. That's part of the reason why we've been fed a lousy NFL game these last 5 years, IMO.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 7

this thread is horrible. how did a backbreaker discussion end up in a madden forum?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

EA needs to LICENSE Euphoria from Natural Motion in order to have in their games. That ain't happening cause it cost money. If EA is losing money what makes you think licensing this tech is an option, hence why EA is developing it's own TECH In-House.

Secondly we all know it's easy to bash MADDEN for all it's failures since like forever, but 1 thing is pretty clear to me, Ian & Phil are trying to make some head-way into the community. Not the MADDEN community, but the Football Gaming Community which is a big 1st-step in my eyes. For that they deserve credit.

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 04-19-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #77
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

The bottom line, up front.....

Backbreker will never be a stand alone game. Hell, I don't think it will come out this year or at all. These are just tech demos to highlight to EA or other developers. If Backbreaker does come out, expect it to be more barebones than APF. There just isn't a market for a new football game without the NFL, especially under current financial times.

Which brings me to my next point. The 60 dollar price point HAS GOT TO GO. You're just not getting enough bang for your buck these days to justify paying 70 dollars puls tax on a video game. That's a gas and cable bill. Madden perhaps can get away with it, because there is no alternative. Nobody to sell their game at $45 and bring down the prices for all games.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
After reading everything you wrote, I think you successfully killed alot of brain cells and wasted peoples time.

Word of advice...read what you write from now and try making sense. Everything youve written is basically gibberish.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
The bottom line, up front.....

Backbreker will never be a stand alone game. Hell, I don't think it will come out this year or at all. These are just tech demos to highlight to EA or other developers. If Backbreaker does come out, expect it to be more barebones than APF. There just isn't a market for a new football game without the NFL, especially under current financial times.

Which brings me to my next point. The 60 dollar price point HAS GOT TO GO. You're just not getting enough bang for your buck these days to justify paying 70 dollars puls tax on a video game. That's a gas and cable bill. Madden perhaps can get away with it, because there is no alternative. Nobody to sell their game at $45 and bring down the prices for all games.
There is a market for a unlicensed football game. If BB does it right it could do what 2K did and slowly creep up in to the Madden type of reviews like 2K did but, When 2K5 got a better rating than Madden for the first time they bought out there competition LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #79
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob
Lol, I'm the one chastising you guys? You put out false information, I correct it, and it's my fault? Have NM confirmed that it's a tech demo? They have done the opposite. So, demand for info, don't make false assumptions.

Funny, another example of a false assumption on your part in your very quote:
"Technology that has yet to produce so much as a single second of actual 11 on 11 gameplay footage. " You must know the devs personally! And they must share all their secrets with you! There's a difference between producing 11-11 gameplay and releasing 11-11 gameplay videos to the public. They may have hundreds of hours of 11-11 gameplay and you would have no clue, so drop the assumptions.

I think it was understood that I meant footage released to the public. If you can point me to some, please do. If not, quit playing semantic games and admit that you have zero actual proof to back up your assertions.

Last game: Houston 56 USF 21
Next game: 11/21 @ SMU

Last edited by coogrfan; 04-19-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmoob

Lol, I'm the one chastising you guys? You put out false information, I correct it, and it's my fault? Have NM confirmed that it's a tech demo? They have done the opposite. So, demand for info, don't make false assumptions.

Funny, another example of a false assumption on your part in your very quote:
"Technology that has yet to produce so much as a single second of actual 11 on 11 gameplay footage. " You must know the devs personally! And they must share all their secrets with you! There's a difference between producing 11-11 gameplay and releasing 11-11 gameplay videos to the public. They may have hundreds of hours of 11-11 gameplay and you would have no clue, so drop the assumptions.

I could take your post and the highlighted area and change it a little like this......

" Lack of technology of Madden has yet to show a second of actual SIM game play or real life player movement "

Madden is the only game that I have ever seen that comes out every year the exact same way and with the most glitches I have ever seen in a video game.

Has anyone that plays video games ever seen as many glitches as Madden puts out year after year?

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »