Home

EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

This is a discussion on EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Maybe they should not waste money on things like flying the so called elite 8 to Florida for a week and put them up in a hotel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I personally think a lot of people don't realize that Madden has always had a pretty hard time transitioning to new consoles. Some think that just because they got the exclusive NFL license in 04 that they just been given us bare bones games for the 360. I'm not using this as an excuse in anyway because it's still bad but I remember back in the 90's when Gameday was a lot better than Madden and Madden was playing catch-up and on top of that they got off to a bad start since they canceled Madden 96 for the PS1. The PS2 transition was the best due to the graphical leap even though there were some things missing that the late PS1 maddens had. Though I guess them having the license should make them have more of an effort to not follow the trend.

But anyways, here's to hoping that the future transitions wont be as bad as they have been for these past years.
I agree on this one.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
Maybe they should not waste money on things like flying the so called elite 8 to Florida for a week and put them up in a hotel.
"So called elite 8", lol. Dont hate. You can go next year.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #108
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I'm going to assume you're joking here. Otherwise, that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #109
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

But anyways, here's to hoping that the future transitions wont be as bad as they have been for these past years.
Very good post in it's entirety Bgamer.

Nothing can be done about the past...but complain about it. Which helps nothing. I'm also trying to focus on the foreseeable future, and hopefully things will improve.

One thing that may help is, EA/Tiburon seems to be focusing on the basics of the Madden game. Possibly following MLB the Show's lead? The "tag line" for The Show, seems to be...the most realistic playing, most immersing baseball game ever. To my knowledge...no rewinds, no do overs...and no 8 year old little girls that can play with daddy.

The target demographics, seems to be, gamers that want realism...period. If you don't know a bunt, from a home run..."The Show" probably is for you. Where Madden has been trying to appeal to everyone. "The Show"...seems to be proving people want realism, not gimmicks, in an effort to include everyone.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I'm going to assume you're joking here. Otherwise, that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
I am sure you think that was a great way to spend $25,000+
very good example of careless spending. When you're company has spent the last 25 years making the same game, the last thing you need is "the elite 8" telling you how to perfect it// I dont recall games like GTA4/Fallout/Little big Plane/MLB 09 the show, these companies dont fly in fans of the game to confer about it. The best part about it is that those games have'nt been in production for half of the time Madden has.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I hope you were joking also. I've disliked Madden since it came to the Current gen consoles, but this is below the belt. Something like flying them guys in shows the commitment of Ian and Co. to try to right the wrongs of the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 16

First off, this thread is flamebait. I don't think the OP feels sorry for EA in any way - this was intended to fan the flames of fanboy conflict...

So I'll jump in now.

Quote:
I am sure you think that was a great way to spend $25,000+
very good example of careless spending. When you're company has spent the last 25 years making the same game, the last thing you need is "the elite 8" telling you how to perfect it
I disagree. Take a look at the bigger picture, my man. Let's say that $25,000 for 8 guys for a day was an accurate number (even though that would work out to $3125 each guy and sounds 3 times too high). If Madden 2010 has the potential to gross tens of millions of dollars, the 25 extra stacks I spent to help me make a better product are a drop in the bucket.

I get it man, I wanted to visit Tiburon too but bitter use of innocent mathematics ain't helping.

-SeventhWard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »