Home

EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

This is a discussion on EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #113
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
I am sure you think that was a great way to spend $25,000+
very good example of careless spending.
You have the right to your opinion. But I completely disagree.

Whatever amount of money that was spent, was worth double that to us. No question in my mind, M10 will be a better game, due to these guys having the chance to voice their opinions, and give suggestions.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #114
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
I am sure you think that was a great way to spend $25,000+
very good example of careless spending. When you're company has spent the last 25 years making the same game, the last thing you need is "the elite 8" telling you how to perfect it// I dont recall games like GTA4/Fallout/Little big Plane/MLB 09 the show, these companies dont fly in fans of the game to confer about it. The best part about it is that those games have'nt been in production for half of the time Madden has.
It's more PR than anything else. Smart move on their part, they've gotten a lot of play off of it, and ensured that the prominent voices in the community who might have gone south otherwise are singing their praises. EA hasn't produced a good football game in a long time, but they definitely know marketing and how to connect with their consumers.

Consumer input is always a good thing, as is consumer interaction. Realistically, they could have gotten that from their local area. They didn't need to fly anyone in for it. What they were looking for were voices in the online community. Again, smart.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #115
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
It's more PR than anything else. Smart move on their part, they've gotten a lot of play off of it, and ensured that the prominent voices in the community who might have gone south otherwise are singing their praises. EA hasn't produced a good football game in a long time, but they definitely know marketing and how to connect with their consumers.
I do agree there is great PR value to these types of events.

But if we get an improved game out of it....I'd consider that a win/win. I'm more than ok with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Boy oh boy, lol. One flew over the mutha****ing cuckoos nest baby, lol. Where are all of these nuts coming from all of a sudden, bashing Madden and calling everybody Madden fanboys. I smell 2k fanboys in the mist.

Calm down, what you guys aren't realizing at the moment, is that pretty much everyone here likes 2k football also. As hard as it may be for you to grasp the concept of someone enjoying both games, trust me, its real.

Coming over here pullin a kick door, (like you hittin a lic, or maybe super swat team) thinking your crashing a Madden fanboy party is the wrong move. Like I stated we like 2k just as much as you. I like Madden too though.
Let me try and explain this to you in the most simplistic form I can.....

XBOX 360 & the PS3 are all next gen systems and we still have PS1 Madden on it.

I love the look of Madden especially the pic of Hasselbeck and the Seahawks. Does the looks go deeper? It is like finding the most beautiful woman in the world and pinning her up on the wall because if you went in to public you would be embarrassed by her shallow thoughts and lack of brain cells.

I started this thread so let me break down my thoughts.....

• Madden looks GREAT!
  • Will Madden's game play catch up to their cosmetics?
  • Do I love 2K football? Yes and No
  • I love a great game and I don't care who makes it.
  • Do I think EA has the right man to make this happen in Ian Cummings? Yes I do but he is only 1 man with restrictions.
  • Do I try Madden every year? Yes and I have always bought the game and returned it the next week. This year I will use Gamefly for it so I don't feel like I just got robbed.
  • Can you truely say that any year of Madden has better game play or physics than ESPN 2K5, APF 2K8, Blitz the league, Blitz the league 2, NFL Tour, or what we have seen from Back Breaker?
  • Madden is the only football game that still has robotic player movement.
Let me finish this by saying that for me, Not any one else I would love to spend $60 on Madden if it is good. I will not buy Madden if the game play is still robotic plain and simple. I care much more about game play and player movement than Cosmetics.

Here is the motto of game in the past and the recently new motto..

" If its in the game, Its in the game! "

" Whatever you see on Sundays! "
  1. Do you see robotic players on Sundays?
  2. Is there Home Field Advantage in a NFL Stadium on Sundays?
  3. Do you see QB's like Eli Manning able to run 70 yards on a scramble and throw 7 defenders on the ground on his way to a TD?
  4. Do see Moon balls on deep passes? I am always looking for the Leprechaun at the end of the Rainbow
  5. Do you see a NFL Offense able to run the same play over and over without the defense reacting to it and stopping it?
  6. Do you see the announcers, players, and on the field cameras going crazy in the Playoffs and Superbowl?
  7. Do you see every QB in the NFL run to the sidelines and throw 70+ yard bombs accurately?
I won't even go in to all the glitches that come with Madden because every game has glitches ( Even though Madden exceeds every game I have ever played in this area, At least they beat the competition in one area ) but lets truely hold EA and Ian and company to the standards and mottos that they have vowed!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

Last edited by NFLHITMAN; 04-19-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
I hope you were joking also. I've disliked Madden since it came to the Current gen consoles, but this is below the belt. Something like flying them guys in shows the commitment of Ian and Co. to try to right the wrongs of the past.
They have been making the game for over 25 years, c'mon how difficult is it, no offense towards Ian, but you have to be honest EA spends alot of money producing some of the most ridiculous games "Facebreaker" anyone; did anyone even buy that game.

Im sorry but after 25 years there shouldnt be the option of flying in 8 buckets to give me any pointers.

I was just pointing out what a waste of money that was. To the poster who did the math at @3125 a pop its def feasible: 8 roundtrip flights, 8 hotel rooms, 24 meals a day the list go's on.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #118
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

This thread has really gotten ridiculous. When people start questioning the benefits of the community day is when I start questioning people's logic.

So you truly don't think that the game will be that much better? You don't think that it was a good idea to bring in hardcore gameplay guys, instead of the usual "yes men"? Who cares how much it cost EA? Since when did we start caring about the cost of what it takes to improve our favorite game? I think EA owes it to us, they have a lot to make up for. But that's just me.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
This thread has really gotten ridiculous. When people start questioning the benefits of the community day is when I start questioning people's logic.

So you truly don't think that the game will be that much better? You don't think that it was a good idea to bring in hardcore gameplay guys, instead of the usual "yes men"? Who cares how much it cost EA? Since when did we start caring about the cost of what it takes to improve our favorite game? I think EA owes it to us, they have a lot to make up for. But that's just me.
When people like yourself start questioning the reason why nobody TRUST EA is when I start questioning your logic. You must have gotten a different game than everyone else who played Madden LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 24

I honestly can't say that I don't have a little smirk over this. I just can't remember the last quality title EA put out. Their sports games have been terrible. And, with lackluster releases like Battlefield and Army of Two, even. I guess Mirror's Edge is new, and innovative good stuff, although, I didn't purchase it.

And I know EA is simply a publisher for some of their titles, but still, to even put out such horrendous gaming, I just really don't like them anymore. I think they acquired Bioware (Mass Effect), and I hope they don't screw that amazing game up.

They seem to be yet another empire that's lost focus on quality, and only cares about green. I feel sorry for those losing their jobs, although, some maybe contributed to the horrible gaming I speak of. I'm all for capitalism. But don't just steal my money. At least put out a quality product I can consider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »