Home

EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

This is a discussion on EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Well that is your opinion, and I respect it.

I will disagree though. Was this a PR move by EA to get people excited about M10? We don't know. However what we do know is that they chose guys that know their stuff, guys that are very detailed and know the in's and outs of football. Your theory would have made sense in the past. Because back then, they used to bring in the "yes men" and the Madden fans. If you research some of those 8 guys, they've been some of the EA's toughest critics.

They all have come back feeling extremely confident that the game will live up to our expectations. Am I cautiously optimistic? Sure, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the game is going to be the best football game ever. But I believe the community day event was a little more than just marketing trying to build hype.
I am not saying they didn't pick the right guys because I am confident they did but.....

How can EA hype up a game that has let so many down year after year with last year being the most pathetic attempt at a next gen football game yet?

Bring in there own kind to give them optimism and create hype. Did you notice what happened last year on the EA Forums? The EA team was there until a week later when most of there sales are done and they vanished as quickly as your $60 did LOL.

Will Ian and team be here when all hell breaks loose if Madden 10 does not live up to the hype????

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #130
MVP

OVR: 55

Eeeeeeasy Hitman! You are FIRED UP tonight! LOL!

Whether it's just blowing smoke or if the hype is for real, I enjoy it! Anticipation and speculation is very fun. I will never complain about getting new information this early, especially gameplay related. I do get a little sad when it's about equipment Waste of time
Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #131
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I am not saying they didn't pick the right guys because I am confident they did but.....

How can EA hype up a game that has let so many down year after year with last year being the most pathetic attempt at a next gen football game yet?

Bring in there own kind to give them optimism and create hype. Did you notice what happened last year on the EA Forums? The EA team was there until a week later when most of there sales are done and they vanished as quickly as your $60 did LOL.

Will Ian and team be here when all hell breaks loose if Madden 10 does not live up to the hype????
So are you saying that he CD event was organized for the sole purpose of building hype, and not with any intent of improving the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #132
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
So are you saying that he CD event was organized for the sole purpose of building hype, and not with any intent of improving the game?
I think it was done for both. A new set of eyes is always helpful to see the things you miss. There will never be a day that a large company like EA would spend that kind of money without an intent to hype the visit up a bit.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #133
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I think it was done for both. A new set of eyes is always helpful to see the things you miss. There will never be a day that a large company like EA would spend that kind of money without an intent to hype the visit up a bit.
Point taken. I see where you're coming from. Well let's hope that it was 60% for improvements and 40% hype.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Very good point.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #135
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
Very good point.
I manage at a big grocery chain and we will give donations and more with the intent to give the store a good name. No company as big as EA will ever spend that kind of money unless there was something in it for them. That's just being honest.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 AM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I honestly can't say that I don't have a little smirk over this. I just can't remember the last quality title EA put out. Their sports games have been terrible. And, with lackluster releases like Battlefield and Army of Two, even. I guess Mirror's Edge is new, and innovative good stuff, although, I didn't purchase it.

And I know EA is simply a publisher for some of their titles, but still, to even put out such horrendous gaming, I just really don't like them anymore. I think they acquired Bioware (Mass Effect), and I hope they don't screw that amazing game up.

They seem to be yet another empire that's lost focus on quality, and only cares about green. I feel sorry for those losing their jobs, although, some maybe contributed to the horrible gaming I speak of. I'm all for capitalism. But don't just steal my money. At least put out a quality product I can consider.
Dead Space...That game was amazing. There are others as well. EA seems to be putting a little more effort in as of late.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »