Home

EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

This is a discussion on EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 AM   #137
MVP
 
g2thecore's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0ss0ldier
Dead Space...That game was amazing. There are others as well. EA seems to be putting a little more effort in as of late.
Oh yes, Dead Space was awesome! I agree they've been putting a LOT of effort into their products. Look how NHL 09 turned out.
__________________
"I'll die before I lose, cuz I was born to win."- Drake
g2thecore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 AM   #138
All Star
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

hmm.

FIFA 09 was last October.

So its been about 5 months since they released a quality sports title.
Exonerated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #139
Banned
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Oct 2003
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

EA has a slew of good games; some recent, some not so recent (but these are in genre's where they don't have exclusive licenses, so they have to be good or people will just buy something else):

I play a lot of PC games, and some of the best games on PC are published/developed by EA:

- The Sims
- Burnout Paradise
- Spore
PlyrzNumber1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #140
All Star
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
EA has a slew of good games; some recent, some not so recent (but these are in genre's where they don't have exclusive licenses, so they have to be good or people will just buy something else):

I play a lot of PC games, and some of the best games on PC are published/developed by EA:

- The Sims
- Burnout Paradise
- Spore
I'll give you the Sims and Burnout Paradise.

But Spore was one of the worse games ever. So much hype, such crap gameplay.

My 6 year old cousin enjoys it though.
Exonerated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #141
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I honestly can't say that I don't have a little smirk over this. I just can't remember the last quality title EA put out.
Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Most of their A list titles were through acquisitions, not in house. EA is known more for rinse, cycle, and repeat than anything else. Personally, I enjoyed Battle for Middle Earth II and the GodFather (nothing better than choking someone in that game by holding the R/L Triggers and pressing down with the analog sticks. Felt like the real thing, and oh so gratifying ). I don't think either of those were A list titles though.
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #142
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,511
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN


Bring in there own kind to give them optimism and create hype. Did you notice what happened last year on the EA Forums? The EA team was there until a week later when most of there sales are done and they vanished as quickly as your $60 did LOL.

Will Ian and team be here when all hell breaks loose if Madden 10 does not live up to the hype????
They didn't leave here at all. I don't know what the significance is when you leave a forum, but some software companies take vacation time after a game is release.

Ian, was here through thick and thin, including slider gate.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #143
DickDalewood
Guest
 
OVR:
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Most of their A list titles were through acquisitions, not in house. EA is known more for rinse, cycle, and repeat than anything else. Personally, I enjoyed Battle for Middle Earth II and the GodFather (nothing better than choking someone in that game by holding the R/L Triggers and pressing down with the analog sticks. Felt like the real thing, and oh so gratifying ). I don't think either of those were A list titles though.
Don't forget Dead Space... amazing game.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #144
MVP
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Blog Entries: 6
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They didn't leave here at all. I don't know what the significance is when you leave a forum, but some software companies take vacation time after a game is release.

Ian, was here through thick and thin, including slider gate.
Well I was on the EA Forums for Madden 09 and we had a lot of questions and there were EA people on it until a week after release. Hopefully Ian will be on these boards after release. That would be great!
__________________
Operation Sports APF 2K8 Ladder:

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
NFLHITMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Top -