Home

Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating

This is a discussion on Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating

Ok just so you guys know, I did apologize earlier in the thread and reminded everyone that that my primary reaction did get the best of me, I don't know what else I can do?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #34
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Ah man, don't feel bad . If we were told ahead of time that you can get an exclusive hands-on with the game in its alpha stage but you'll have to deal with a few a-holes in the long run, I'm sure we all still would've went LOL. Though our posts may say otherwise, it's no big deal when you encounter a few jerks considering the magnitude of the opportunity we had.
Yeah, it's just hard to keep it in perspective sometimes, I guess. That's exactly right. Honestly, I should have expected this stuff.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I actually don't feel bad for Adem and co., these guys had the honor of being selected to play M10 and help shape up the game. I envy them if anything. I wouldn't want to have to deal with all the "hating", yet I envy them.

I feel bad for the OP and anyone else that constantly attack the elite 8. It's pathetic how immature some people can be. Look up what a "Non Disclosure Agreement" entails, and maybe you will understand why these guys cannot say a word about what they've seen and talked about until given the permission by EA.
Ive never constantly attacked anybody// I work in contractual law, so unless you even begin to try to understand "Non Disclosure Agreement" entails I would suggest you understand that Non Disclosure Agreements are a mere scare tactic. I am not suggesting that the "elite 8" reveal all that they have been asked not too, I am just requesting they treat forum members who ask simple and basic questions with a little bit of common courtesy and respect.

No offense but the fact that they are referred to as the "Elite 8" is laughable. -its a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 24

You work in contractual law and recommend we break our non-disclosure agreement?

Sidenote: I agree with you on the "elite 8" thing and have already written as much. It's more like the "lucky 8" or the "lotto 8".
Old 04-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #37
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Why is this thread still open?????
Old 04-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #38
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
I would suggest you understand that Non Disclosure Agreements are a mere scare tactic.
Assuming that's true... and I don't work in contractual law, so I wont speculate... that doesn't change the fact that I made a good faith agreement with Ian and Phil that I wouldn't say anything I wasn't cleared to say. If I wasn't under NDA, I'd still respect their request. EA was good enough to fly me to Orlando and put me up in a hotel, not to mention getting a crack at a game that's not out for 4 months... the least I can do is respect the agreement I made in order to secure that opportunity.

What I'm saying is that the NDA was a formality, and wasn't necessary. They asked me to talk only about what has been released, and that's precisely what I'm going to do.

Next year, if we live up to the bargain, there'll be a new "Elite 8". Do you really expect me to destroy that opportunity for others to satiate a few people who's questions will be answered on August 14th anyways?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #39
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Adem, I justed to share with you the perspective that I have after being a community leader and attending two of these events in the past (although mine were more media/information oriented rather than the feedback version that you participated in).

Some people are (perhaps rightfully) very disappointed and angry about the game. There is a lot of frustration out there in the community in general towards where the EA football franchises have gone, particularly over the past 3 or 4 years. While most of the community will behave rationally and understand the concept of constructive criticism, there is a small segment of the community who are so angry that they will literally unleash on anybody or anything that they see as associated as EA. To them, this has crossed over from being about a videogame, and is now some sort of personal issue that affects them on a deep emotional level. It really doesn't matter what anybody does anymore when dealing with these people. Anybody that becomes associated as working with EA, or as contributing in any way to the game's development becomes an enemy.
The exclusive license is at the root of the naked hostility you see here. People don't just feel disappointed, they feel cheated. It seems like EA and the NFL colluded to take their money and destroy the kind of market competition that drives innovation in America.

The exclusive license is monopolistic and fundamentally un-American and people feel that even if they don't know how to express it in words.

THAT is where I think this beyond reasonable rage is coming from. It's a special circumstance. If EA gets the license and makes a great game, I don't think people would be so upset. But they produced a garbage game and charged people (like me) up to $90 for it.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #40
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

This guy has a severe case of verbal diarrhea.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »