Home

Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating

This is a discussion on Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
You work in contractual law and recommend we break our non-disclosure agreement?

Sidenote: I agree with you on the "elite 8" thing and have already written as much. It's more like the "lucky 8" or the "lotto 8".
Where and when did I ask you to break your agreement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Assuming that's true... and I don't work in contractual law, so I wont speculate... that doesn't change the fact that I made a good faith agreement with Ian and Phil that I wouldn't say anything I wasn't cleared to say. If I wasn't under NDA, I'd still respect their request. EA was good enough to fly me to Orlando and put me up in a hotel, not to mention getting a crack at a game that's not out for 4 months... the least I can do is respect the agreement I made in order to secure that opportunity.

What I'm saying is that the NDA was a formality, and wasn't necessary. They asked me to talk only about what has been released, and that's precisely what I'm going to do.

Next year, if we live up to the bargain, there'll be a new "Elite 8". Do you really expect me to destroy that opportunity for others to satiate a few people who's questions will be answered on August 14th anyways?
That's how I feel too.
They were nice enough to invite us, the least we can do is respect their wishes.
They have a business to run and part of it is keeping these features under wraps for PR purposes.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
Where and when did I ask you to break your agreement?
You essentially said an NDA can be broken.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #44
Rookie

Nope,
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #45
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The exclusive license prevents nobody from making video games, or even football games for that matter. Thus, it is not monopolistic.

What would be Un-American is telling the NFL what they can and cannot do with their trademarks and intellectual property, or the NFAPA what they can and cannot do with their names.

Do I like the exclusive license? No, I think it sucks. But there's nothing monopolistic or unAmerican about something sucking.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #46
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

All of this discussion about the release of information is pointless. In the end, it doesn't matter. You can't play the game until August 14, anyways, and ultimately, the only thing that anybody is going to care about is how the game plays. Whether we find out all of the features/information tomorrow or on August 13, it isn't going to make a difference in how the game plays (except for features that EA wants feedback on during development). It'll still be the same game either way.

So just calm down, relax, and wait. Hard to do, I know (particularly for those who are no longer able to enjoy the '09 version of the game), but that's really all that we can do at this point.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The exclusive license prevents nobody from making video games, or even football games for that matter. Thus, it is not monopolistic.

What would be Un-American is telling the NFL what they can and cannot do with their trademarks and intellectual property, or the NFAPA what they can and cannot do with their names.

Do I like the exclusive license? No, I think it sucks. But there's nothing monopolistic or unAmerican about something sucking.
You cant be serious, there is nothing monopolistic about one lone company having exclusive rights to the National Football Association?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #48
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
You cant be serious, there is nothing monopolistic about one lone company having exclusive rights to the National Football Association?
Nope. The product is "video games" not "Officially licensed NFL video games".

Only Universal Studios can make a Back to the Future movie... is that monopolistic?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »