Home

Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating

This is a discussion on Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sure Wish I would Have Been Invited To Game Test for EA, Discuss Play Creating

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
How is it morally wrong? Since when has business ever been about morals? It may be unfair to us gamers, but in business there is no morals. It's about making money and staying on top of your competitors.
There is no competitors; thats what makes it a monopoly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
Ive never constantly attacked anybody// I work in contractual law, so unless you even begin to try to understand "Non Disclosure Agreement" entails I would suggest you understand that Non Disclosure Agreements are a mere scare tactic.
I'm a guy who knows what an NDA is and understands them fully through a ton of experience with them, and what you said is not exactly true at all. Having worked in the IP fields for a long time--10+ years--(from music, to inventing, and some video game work), I know for a fact that an NDA is as strong as the entity wishes to enforce it (I've been under many NDA's and still have stacks of them in my closet, lol... I've written some myself to keep some of my concepts under wraps over the years).

If we specifically divulged something that was expressly written to not divulge in detail, then EA would have every legal ground to sue and companies do engage in that every single day. Whether that would happen or not here is unknown, but it would be unwise to test that, ontop of being unethical and disrespectful to the hospitality they provided us.

The one thing we can do is speak indirectly, but no specifics. Specifics are what get you into trouble, and thats what we won't do.

Quote:
I am not suggesting that the "elite 8" reveal all that they have been asked not too, I am just requesting they treat forum members who ask simple and basic questions with a little bit of common courtesy and respect.
I think "we" have done just that, but it's not incumbent upon any member to police that if the contrary is taking place; that's what the mods are here for.

I honestly don't disagree with Adembroski's responses either, perhaps I'm biased. But in reality, outside of OS people would get worse responses and they'd really be justified because the attacks have been--although amusing to me--unwarranted and just plain hating.

But to lump us all in as if we're all disrespecting people every time they ask a question is an absolute falsehood. Nothing of the sort has taken place. So at the very least, I'd suggest that people who have a problem with specific people take it up with those people, but don't lump everyone in; there are some in the group that I haven't seen post one time since coming back so again the accusation is an absolute falsehood.

Quote:
No offense but the fact that they are referred to as the "Elite 8" is laughable. -its a game
I couldn't care less about the titles people came up with, but I don't see how it being a game makes it "laughable". The attempt to make that correlation sounds like hating. It's hard to look at that any other way, because I couldn't imagine a good reason to even make that a point.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-19-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #67
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

so this thread went from an issue with how another thread was handled to now discussing whether or not the NFL and EA have a monopoly and if its morally wrong?

I can't wait to see whats the next topic

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'm a guy who knows what an NDA is and understands them fully through a ton of experience with them, and what you said is not exactly true at all. Having worked in the IP fields for a long time--10+ years--(from music, to inventing, and some video game work), I know for a fact that an NDA is as strong as the entity wishes to enforce it (I've been under many NDA's and still have stacks of them in my closet, lol... I've written some myself to keep some of my concepts under wraps over the years).

If we specifically divulged something that was expressly written to not divulge in detail, then EA would have every legal ground to sue and companies do engage in that every single day. Whether that would happen or not here is unknown, but it would be unwise to test that, ontop of being unethical and disrespectful to the hospitality they provided us.

The one thing we can do is speak indirectly, but no specifics. Specifics are what get you into trouble, and thats what we won't do.

I think "we" have done just that, but it's not incumbent upon any member to police that if the contrary is taking place; that's what the mods are here for.

I honestly don't disagree with Adembroski's responses either, perhaps I'm biased. But in reality, outside of OS people would get worse responses and they'd really be justified because the attacks have been--although amusing to me--unwarranted and just plain hating.

But to lump us all in as if we're all disrespecting people every time they ask a question is an absolute falsehood. Nothing of the sort has taken place. So at the very least, I'd suggest that people who have a problem with specific people take it up with those people, but don't lump everyone in; there are some in the group that I haven't seen post one time since coming back so again the accusation is an absolute falsehood.

I couldn't care less about the titles people came up with, but I don't see how it being a game makes it "laughable". The attempt to make that correlation sounds like hating. It's hard to look at that any other way, because I couldn't imagine a good reason to even make that a point.
Please see original thread, look at post #3 and #5, if you feel that is an acceptable response to the OP then you are wrong, a mod is not needed to decide if that was the cordial response or not, I am tired of some "senior members" that continue to to talk down to other (newer) users on this site. That response could not have been more insulting to the OP or the rest of the community; to think that EA had chosen their most "hardcore fans" to tell them how to improve a game they have been producing for the last 25 years and call them the "elite 8" is laughable considering they cant even give a proper response to a simple post.

On another note IP laws will vary from state to state, in the state that I live and work in they are enforced to say the least very loosely, especially in regards to contracts signed by residents out of state.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #69
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Please see original thread, look at post #3 and #5, if you feel that is an acceptable response to the OP then you are wrong, a mod is not needed to decide if that was the cordial response or not, I am tired of some "senior members" that continue to to talk down to other (newer) users on this site. That response could not have been more insulting to the OP or the rest of the community; to think that EA had chosen their most "hardcore fans" to tell them how to improve a game they have been producing for the last 25 years and call them the "elite 8" is laughable considering they cant even give a proper response to a simple post.

at what point will you acknowledge the fact that the OP in that thread was rude?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #70
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The exclusive license prevents nobody from making video games, or even football games for that matter. Thus, it is not monopolistic.

What would be Un-American is telling the NFL what they can and cannot do with their trademarks and intellectual property, or the NFAPA what they can and cannot do with their names.

Do I like the exclusive license? No, I think it sucks. But there's nothing monopolistic or unAmerican about something sucking.
Wow. You don't seem to know exactly what a "monopoly" is.

Are you aware of the fact that the NFL itself IS A MONOPOLY, and currently holds a FEDERAL EXEMPTION from anti-trust prosecution?

As a monopoly it is improper (and likely will be ruled illegal by the courts) for the NFL to create OTHER MONOPOLIES by excluding market competition with the exclusive license.

The NFL is the only game in town. If you want to sell a football game that competes with Madden you NEED the NFL license. That's how the market works, and your saying it isn't so does not make your word the truth. You can't just wish away inconvenient facts like that.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #71
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

How is any of this beneficial?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:

Although I don't agree on how those two posts went about I certainly don't blame for it.

Ever since the community day blog went up along with tidbits of info from the 8 selected members, the number of people bashing them for not getting the information they want is ridiculous. They know that most of this coming from people that are mad because they feel they would have done a better job and looking back, many of the responses back to those attacking them; they have handled it in a good manner.

There still human and maybe it's just me, but one can only take so much before it gets to the point when becomes annoying. If it was me I would have been cussing a lot earlier, and those two posts were only sarcastic remarks...

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »