Home
View Poll Results: What are your expectations for Madden 10?
Best Football Game Ever - 32 25.40%
Best Madden Ever - 50 39.68%
Better than Last year - 38 30.16%
Same as Last year - 6 4.76%
Worse than Last Year - 0 0%
Worst Madden Ever - 0 0%
Worst Football Game Ever - 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Expectations of Madden 10......

To me even the alpha build = best madden on several levels. Possibility of being the best football package put together IF they implement all that feedback. If they implement the feedback the past is the past. Sure some things will be missed but it'll be over. But if they don't capitalize on that feedback, it'll just be best madden ever and I think they should shoot for more than that.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #18

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Its gotta be the best madden ever. Theres a chance it could be the best football game ever, but highly doubtful. Ian and crew i'm looking for you to prove me wrong, but the best madden will be good enough for me.

Well no I guess it would have to be the best football game ever. Everyone is expecting this game to be better than 2k5 or at least up to par. So this has to be the best football game up to date. Wish I could change my vote to best football game ever.

Does anyone agree?

Realistically everyone say 2k5 is the best football to play. Well for it to be as good as 2k or better it has to be the best up to date realistically. Think about it?

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 04-19-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #19
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
There is no reason why it shouldn't be the best football game ever.
You are so right...with the resourses EA has they SHOULD be able to put out a game that if flat out lights out. They have seen what other can do with football games, they have heard what the hard core fans want, its a matter of them thinking that putting out the best football game ever is financially a better option than them putting out just another Madden. Lets hope the team Ian really feels the same way about football as we do.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #20
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
To me even the alpha build = best madden on several levels. Possibility of being the best football package put together IF they implement all that feedback. If they implement the feedback the past is the past. Sure some things will be missed but it'll be over. But if they don't capitalize on that feedback, it'll just be best madden ever and I think they should shoot for more than that.
That is great to hear. You guys are really making it hard to stay calm at this point. If you are one of the guys making the game and you say this is the best Madden ever and possibly the best football game ever, I am still cautious as they are talking about their own work. If it is you guys that are saying this, which you are, I get very excited as you are one of us and that goes farther with me than anyone else.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Typically it's just the Madden hype machine setting expectations high, but this year the devs are really setting the bar high as well. High expectations usually lead to failure in the eyes of the consumer. Not to say that the product will fail, due to the NFL exclusitivity Madden is a cash cow, but odds are that the folks following the blogs and developers posts are more likely to be let down than find all of their expectations fulfilled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #22
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #23
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
There is no reason why it shouldn't be the best football game ever.
I just don't envision them accomplishing that in one development cycle. I would be pleasantly surprised if M10 ended up being better than 2K5, but I'm highly skeptical at this point.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #24
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Its gotta be the best madden ever. Theres a chance it could be the best football game ever, but highly doubtful. Ian and crew i'm looking for you to prove me wrong, but the best madden will be good enough for me.

Well no I guess it would have to be the best football game ever. Everyone is expecting this game to be better than 2k5 or at least up to par. So this has to be the best football game up to date. Wish I could change my vote to best football game ever.

Does anyone agree?

Realistically everyone say 2k5 is the best football to play. Well for it to be as good as 2k or better it has to be the best up to date realistically. Think about it?
Yeah... if Madden 10 is on par with 2k5 in terms of animations, presentation and realism and has that depth that last gen maddens had, even though the game would be on par in these areas with something that came out 5 years ago, it would still be the best football game to date due to the graphics alone.

But still, making that statement doesn't feel right since the game isn't out yet. So yeah... I personally feel that a statement like that shouldn't be made until the game is out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »