Home

Expectations of Madden 10......

This is a discussion on Expectations of Madden 10...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are your expectations for Madden 10?
Best Football Game Ever - 32 25.40%
Best Madden Ever - 50 39.68%
Better than Last year - 38 30.16%
Same as Last year - 6 4.76%
Worse than Last Year - 0 0%
Worst Madden Ever - 0 0%
Worst Football Game Ever - 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Expectations of Madden 10......

Better then last year.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:35 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 33

Best Football Game ever. Easy.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #59
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Off topic, does anyone know how to create a poll? I can't seem to figure it out.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:59 AM   #60
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

On release day it will be the best Madden ever.

After they've heard our feedback and patched the game a couple of times, it'll be the best football game ever.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm going with "Best Madden Ever"... I'm not looking for "Better then last year" and I'm not looking for perfection either... I just want a solid game... I think people deserve it and have waited long enough to see it... I don't buy into last year being the best Madden to date either, so Best Madden Ever isn't the same as beating last year... Last year didn't even crack the top five for me, quite frankly, none of the next gen games have... And I seriously hope that they only have to use patches for roster updates... If there's need for more then one patch for anything, I'll consider this game no different then the crap we've gotten for the past 5 years... I want a game I can play once the patches are no longer available for DL... None of the last ones can boast that and as such, all the bells and whistles they may try and sell me won't amount to much, same as before... The actual game is what I'm going to be looking at...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #62
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope it's the best football game ever, but I have strong doubts about that. I expect it to be the best Madden ever though.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #63
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I haven't bought a Madden game since Madden '05 (got '06 as a Christmas gift and only played two games so that doesn't really count). I really am pumped after reading all the stuff Ian is planning. I think this could be the best Madden ever but that doesn't necessarily make it a great game. I think it will be at least a good game with upside that I'm actually interested in buying.

Madden '10 is the Vontae Davis of the NFL Draft. Looks good at the combine and has great potential but how will he turn out?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #64
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I haven't bought a Madden game since Madden '05 (got '06 as a Christmas gift and only played two games so that doesn't really count). I really am pumped after reading all the stuff Ian is planning. I think this could be the best Madden ever but that doesn't necessarily make it a great game. I think it will be at least a good game with upside that I'm actually interested in buying.

Madden '10 is the Vontae Davis of the NFL Draft. Looks good at the combine and has great potential but how will he turn out?
Good post. I think that Madden 09 was the best Madden game ever, but not the best football game ever. IMO, Madden is far behind it's competitor in many areas. Although it's competitor has it's own flaws, they still seem to be 2-3 years ahead of madden in the basic areas.

I hope that Madden is able to close the gap, and maybe even surpass it's competitor in all areas, but it seems unlikely (just based on the past several Madden games). My expectations for Madden is probably higher than most of you, because I believe that Madden/EA have the resources, and potential to create the best football game ever. For some reason, they have chosen to be second best over the past several years.

Maybe this is the year that they realize their potentential, and produce the best football game ever, instead of going out of their way to prevent anyone else from producing one.

Last edited by murry; 04-20-2009 at 11:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »