Home

NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

This is a discussion on NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #49
Banned
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce21b
Alot of you people are missing the point while some of you know what you are talking about. The problem is that EA and the Players Association were in bed together.

This goes beyond just the video game the problem is that the older players in the league didnt get any kind of 401k or anything like that and they werent getting the money players are today. The Players Association was not handling royalties etc. made and contributing it to retired players. And what was going on between the Association and EA was a perfect example.

What would have been right to have do is for EA to maybe pay a little bit more into NFLPA and the NFLPA to take that money and give it to the players. That way EA could have rights to the players likeness etc. and the players wouldn't care because they would have gotten compensated through the NFLPA. Personally I feel that the NFLPA is more to blame then EA but EA got caught in the wrong as well.

For those of you that say oh I dont need no historical teams obviously are the same ones that search for every glitch to use in the game and have no respect for the game. You cant get anywhere in life if you dont know where you came from how do you know where you are going?

Alot of "Fans " have no clue about their teams history and its really sad because you really have no attachment to your team. I'm from Philadelphia and I love all my sports teams. And in the recent loss of a great broadcaster I have been listening to my entire life its really pathetic that people could say oh forget those old timers what they do for me?

I'll tell you what they did They played for the love of the game they played with class and they played for their team. I would have much rather watched games in the 60's and 70's then the ones today. steroids pre madonnas convicts killers and the rest of the crap in all of pro sports is pathetic.

Basically my point its respect must be given to the players of the past and they have every right to expect compensation from a billion dollar industry when they sacrifeced they bodies to it. Not for money or fame but the love of the game.
You had me until you got there. How does the fact that I don't need or care for historic teams make me a glitcher? Sorry ya lost me on that one...
SwayGod53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:40 AM   #50
MVP
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
Blog Entries: 7
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
Even possibly the ability to edit players.
That would be a huge over reaction. If EA was forced to do that it would kill unlicensed sports games. If they did it by choice they would be idiots.
Cryolemon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:45 AM   #51
In case you forgot...
 
mKoz26's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 4,706
Blog Entries: 1
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce21b
Alot of you people are missing the point while some of you know what you are talking about. The problem is that EA and the Players Association were in bed together.

This goes beyond just the video game the problem is that the older players in the league didnt get any kind of 401k or anything like that and they werent getting the money players are today. The Players Association was not handling royalties etc. made and contributing it to retired players. And what was going on between the Association and EA was a perfect example.

What would have been right to have do is for EA to maybe pay a little bit more into NFLPA and the NFLPA to take that money and give it to the players. That way EA could have rights to the players likeness etc. and the players wouldn't care because they would have gotten compensated through the NFLPA. Personally I feel that the NFLPA is more to blame then EA but EA got caught in the wrong as well.

For those of you that say oh I dont need no historical teams obviously are the same ones that search for every glitch to use in the game and have no respect for the game. You cant get anywhere in life if you dont know where you came from how do you know where you are going?

Alot of "Fans " have no clue about their teams history and its really sad because you really have no attachment to your team. I'm from Philadelphia and I love all my sports teams. And in the recent loss of a great broadcaster I have been listening to my entire life its really pathetic that people could say oh forget those old timers what they do for me?

I'll tell you what they did They played for the love of the game they played with class and they played for their team. I would have much rather watched games in the 60's and 70's then the ones today. steroids pre madonnas convicts killers and the rest of the crap in all of pro sports is pathetic.

Basically my point its respect must be given to the players of the past and they have every right to expect compensation from a billion dollar industry when they sacrifeced they bodies to it. Not for money or fame but the love of the game.
I have no desire to play with retired players on a Madden game. I have never searched for a glitch. These blind accusations need to stop.

I can't believe somebody like adembroski with a great rep gets an infraction for putting off a post by a historically rude apexbronx who decided to make a rather ridiculous (and IMO, quite insulting) assumption, yet this guy who has three posts can go around saying this kind of stuff. That's not justice.
__________________
Bears | Bulls | Cubs | Illinois | #Team3Some

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
mKoz26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:06 AM   #52
Pro
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FL
Blog Entries: 3
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce21b
Personally I feel that the NFLPA is more to blame then EA but EA got caught in the wrong as well.
I agree that the NFLPA is more to blame than EA in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce21b
For those of you that say oh I dont need no historical teams obviously are the same ones that search for every glitch to use in the game and have no respect for the game. You cant get anywhere in life if you dont know where you came from how do you know where you are going?
That is a very blind assumption.

I do not need historical teams in my Madden 10 because I already have plenty of historical rosters available from Madden and other games as well. Why do we need the same old rosters in each and every single Madden?

Your only argument is that we must learn our history, but that argument is null. The means for doing so has already been made available by games in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce21b
Basically my point its respect must be given to the players of the past and they have every right to expect compensation from a billion dollar industry when they sacrifeced they bodies to it. Not for money or fame but the love of the game.
They only played for the love of the game, but now they are demanding money and fame? How ironic.

I respect the players of the past, but they are not a large reason for Madden being the cash cow that it is.

If the NFL players of former teams wish to be in their own game with their own rosters then let them, but Madden will be fine without them.

Last edited by bang911; 04-20-2009 at 02:08 AM.
bang911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #53
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
You had me until you got there. How does the fact that I don't need or care for historic teams make me a glitcher? Sorry ya lost me on that one...
Yeah, it's a bit harsh for sure... But what I think he was saying is that people that don't care about the history of the game, don't really respect football, as such the assumption, I think, is that the lack of respect for the sport breeds a lack of respect for the sport in electronic form as well, i.e. glitchers, exploiters, etc... It was badly put, but that's what I THINK he was getting at...

Anyhow, I think it's sick that they pay the older guys their cash, though with the likeness only being that of "abilities", it's a weak argument and as such probably won't stand up when the judge hears it... That being said, it's not like EA doesn't have the money, or hasn't made enough money on Madden thus far that they can't go out and get the rights for the historical teams... They don't need to get EVERY team, I'd be happy with only having the past Super Bowl teams... And even then, there are a lot of great players that played on several teams, or those that are still playing, so the total number for the players needing to get paid is probably smaller then people think and as such, why not just pay the guys and give us names, numbers, faces, and anything else that they might want to give us... Were it not for these great players, the NFL wouldn't even exist these days... So as such, respect should be paid...
Swingking77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #54
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
This is what happens when you give people too much money at a young age that have no idea what to do with it. Must less the fact that is isn't going to last.

Then at old age when there is no money, memories are fading, injuries hurt and it is time to blame everyone else.

Time to get back in the headlines and get paid.

That or their kids are pissed there isn't enough money is their trust funds or there isn't even one.
Do you have any idea what those guys made back then?

Don't confuse the guys who started it all with the players of today. Their compensation isn't even one tenth of what the guys today make.
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #55
All Star
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Again, they don't need to include ANY superbowl or classic team in the game at all. Not one former player or team. None.

All they need to do is open up the editor to allow roster guys like myself and others to create these teams. Lift all editing restrictions so we can take the current 2009 teams and edit each player in all categories. This allows us to create these teams ourselves, do a better job all the way from the ratings right down to realistic equipment worn. It can, and has, been done in another game that will remain nameless...over 100 classic teams and most of the superbowl sets as well.

It is so simple, but they won't do it. I have no clue why.

C
capa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #56
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Again, they don't need to include ANY superbowl or classic team in the game at all. Not one former player or team. None.
I disagree, but then there's a feature I would love to have for Franchise mode that doesn't exist in the game today and it would require the use of historic players. I would LOVE to be able to start my Franchise team at ANY year in the NFL, not just the current one. Maybe take over the Cowboys in 1990 and play them through their glory years. I never really enjoyed franchise in Madden after a couple of years in as it's no longer a game of players / abilities that I recognize. However, after watching football for 25 years, I can remember players from the early 80s and could enjoy seeing them again.

Without this feature, and with how the game stands today, the historic players really serve no purpose.
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Top -