Home

Ratings are defintley decreasing, 1st proof

This is a discussion on Ratings are defintley decreasing, 1st proof within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Ratings are defintley decreasing, 1st proof

For the 2 above poster, P. Willie is in a 3-4, not as easy to get into the back like a 4-3 LB could. And talent wise, I think he is the best. He should be he highest not, whatever that is. I can't think of a single player in football he couldn't possibly run down and tackle.

Last edited by ChampN252; 04-20-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
Remember we don't want the highest rated player to only be a 93, because that defeats the purposed of STRETCHING the ratings which is what they are trying to do.

If you just lower everyones rating, the game still will play the same with all similar players. But with the true elite players staying in the mid to high 90's it will really seperate the Larry Fitz's from the Colstons....Colston is a good player but not worthy of a 90 rating....Fitz is an elite WR and should be rated accordingly 95+ (ps to person who have colston a 90, not gona happen id say more 85ish).

I like lynch at around 85 too, i think 85 is a GOOD solid football player, and he will still be better than many backs in the game.

Also reggie bush is gona be damn hard to rate, because his skillset of speed an pass catching ability and eslusiveness will probably up his rating highers then he plays in the feature back role. To me bush is a good player, hes a homerun hitter, but not a feature back, i do think he should have a better rating then other game changers such as L. Washington, F.Jones and even Sproles...i wouldnt really argue an 82 for him.
I am not saying colston should be a 90 but he should be damn close. He holds the NFL record for most receptions in first 2 nfl seasons despite missing time his rookie year with injuries. He also had 2 years with over 1000 yards receiving. Had he not gotten hurt this last season he would have continued on this path. I think he should be between 88 and 90 overall but with a moderate injury rating (75-80) due to the fact that in 3 seasons he has only played one full season.

Also, his speed should be pretty moderate limiting his ability to hit truly elite status. Fitz though should also only probably be mid to low 90s on speed, colston should be below 90 though here.

As far as reggie I really don't care what his overall is. Really I don't care what any player's overall is but especially with specialty guys like this the actual individual ratings are much more important than the overall. He needs to play as close to possible as his real life self. He should be dangerous in the open field, fast when he gets out ahead, and a very good pass catcher for a back. Also, he should have a tough time running between the tackles, be somewhat injury prone when asked to carry a full time work load, and very weak at any attempt to run with power. As long as all that is properly displayed then who cares what the overall rating is.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #27
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

I think there should be very few 99 rated players. Payton Manning I can see 99 but no other QB. Adrian Peterson 97 but no other Rb's higher than that. Wr Fitz should be the highest at 97. Those are a few that stand out to me....

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #28
Banned

This is easy:

90-99 = MVP caliber, HOF potential players (maybe 5-7 guys tops)
80-90 = Very good every down players (pro-bowl candidates)
70-80 = solid starters and role players
50-70 = bench
30-50 = practice squad / "replacement level" players
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 55

99 OVR would designate a flawless player, like Peyton Manning in his 49 TD season, or Tom Brady in his record breaking season... LT in his TD record breaking season.

.. you get the point.

A 49er fan mentioned Willis' lack in coverage skills. He's obviously extremely gifted and just a BEAST in pursuit and tackling. Now, that could definitely earn him 99 ratings IN THOSE AREAS and have him lacking in the areas he really lacks in.

No problem in that.... I think we'd be weighing too much in our OVR.

I'd like to really see those weaknesses portrayed clearly. For example if Willis has the coverage skills of a 2nd stringer... PUT IT ON THERE. (I'm not saying he does.... example for the sake of argument) Nothing wrong with making players unique
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
For the 2 above poster, P. Willie is in a 3-4, not as easy to get into the back like a 4-3 LB could. And talent wise, I think he is the best. He should be he highest not, whatever that is. I can't think of a single player in football he couldn't possibly run down and tackle.
I hold a 99 player to a very high standard and being a Ravens fan, I understand the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3 (and what a LB can do in each system). Ray's won a DPOY award playing in each system and I'd say Willis is still a long ways away from reaching the level Ray was playing at just a few years back. Even today, with him slowing down, Ray probably makes more plays in coverage and in the hole than Willis does because of his superior instincts (and while the degradation of his athleticism is there, it is over-exaggerated).

Willis' talent it undeniable, he will be a great player IMO, but he's not as good as he can be yet - mainly due to age and lack of experience - therefor he shouldn't get a 99 rating (because what will they give him in a few years?). I think with time, he'll become more of a playmaker and maybe he'll grow into having a similar effect that Ray brings to the front 7 (but mostly likely not as big) in terms of leadership. He's the main reason I ever take a peek at the 49ers and I look for great things from him, but if he gets a 99 rating, I think it's premature and based way too much off his high tackle numbers, because he will improve and become a much better player in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »