Home

The Abomination that is Madden Nation

This is a discussion on The Abomination that is Madden Nation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: The Abomination that is Madden Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
We don't know these people, but by how they act they sure give off that moronic gangster attitude. Much of our youth (including my peers) have embraced an entitlement attitude and a complete lack of values. The glorification of the wrong things in life is all too common.

I don't necessarily have a problem with them, but I do have a problem with a lot of hip hop culture. I live in downtown Minneapolis and each day I walk by thugs. I hear ambulances and cops fly by my apartment every single night. I've heard gunshots on more than 1 occasion. I go to college in the city. I started every sentence with "I" in this paragraph.

Growing up in a small, rural town with conservative values, I can clearly see a difference where I'm at now. It's not a race thing... I've seen every race of moronic thug walking past me on the streets heading off to the plasma donation center or to go deal or whatever.

Good example of hip hop culture being ********: Girls blaming Rhianna for getting beat by her boyfriend. Good job people that's respectful.

I know so many of you will disagree with me, but it's a forum of discussion and I may as well share my view

In general I see this attitude on Madden Nation and I do not respect it one bit. Yes I played sports and yes I still think the screaming in people's face and showing up your opponent is disgraceful. I don't care if it's a video game, it's trash.

I'd love to be proven wrong by that show... I really would. I'd love to have a show like that to watch!

Ever watch Starcraft TV from Japan? They do it right: with respect... they treat competition properly.
Kasey once again you are proving that young America still has some great future Leaders!!!!

I will vote for you to be President when you run

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1

this thread should be closed quickly. This is so borderline that it's disgusting.
No one has even thought about what the producers of the show are trying to portray. Many of these guys know each other and the ratings come from the so called poppin off.
I don't think anyone was complaining about the old NFL films specials that would show the trash talking between the players on the field. Thats what made me love to see LT play and some of the other defensive players they use to feature.
Football is a highly charged game and what you see is so close to real on field competition. Hip Hop has nothing to do with it. Look at the game you love NFL Football, sub in how you talk when playing a highly competitive sport and then see if you want to use that as the way everyone views you.
There is 100,000 on the line what do expect.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #91
MVP

Man there must be some very strict rules on fighting because I have always wished the cheeser I was playing was sitting right next to me

How can anyone let someone get in there face like that without grabbing them by there throat???

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #92
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Man there must be some very strict rules on fighting because I have always wished the cheeser I was playing was sitting right next to me

How can anyone let someone get in there face like that without grabbing them by there throat???
Easy 5 zero's

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRon
this thread should be closed quickly. This is so borderline that it's disgusting.
No one has even thought about what the producers of the show are trying to portray. Many of these guys know each other and the ratings come from the so called poppin off.
I don't think anyone was complaining about the old NFL films specials that would show the trash talking between the players on the field. Thats what made me love to see LT play and some of the other defensive players they use to feature.
Football is a highly charged game and what you see is so close to real on field competition. Hip Hop has nothing to do with it. Look at the game you love NFL Football, sub in how you talk when playing a highly competitive sport and then see if you want to use that as the way everyone views you.
There is 100,000 on the line what do expect.
If football players like L.T. was playing and getting in another players face than there would be a fight. Fights happen all the time in the NFL and especially in practice. They do it at a distance and trash talk. These kids on Madden Nation get right in your face as if they is some sort of protective force that stops the other guy from grabbing him by the ......

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Easy 5 zero's
Well if they have strict rules about someone fighting they should have the same strict rules about jumping in to someone's face like they do.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 1

Again, these guys know each other, just because you see a snap shot of a short period of their life, doesn't allow you to make a judgement call on them. Trash talk is trash talk. From my own experience the further up you go the more degrading the trash talking is. Playing college football and running college track I can tell you I have memories of classic verbal battles on the field or oval that could turn our parents stomachs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #96
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
If football players like L.T. was playing and getting in another players face than there would be a fight. Fights happen all the time in the NFL and especially in practice. They do it at a distance and trash talk. These kids on Madden Nation get right in your face as if they is some sort of protective force that stops the other guy from grabbing him by the ......
Dude Bill Romoniski spit in a players face! That way worst then talking trash.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »