Home

The Abomination that is Madden Nation

This is a discussion on The Abomination that is Madden Nation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: The Abomination that is Madden Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRon
Again, these guys know each other, just because you see a snap shot of a short period of their life, doesn't allow you to make a judgement call on them. Trash talk is trash talk. From my own experience the further up you go the more degrading the trash talking is. Playing college football and running college track I can tell you I have memories of classic verbal battles on the field or oval that could turn our parents stomachs
Hey I love trash talking also but if you did it and got as close to my face when you did it that is another story. How would you honestly act with someone in your face the way they do?

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #98
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I forced myself to watch this last night. Guys with fake diamond earrings, hats to the side, goofy looking haircuts(one dude was lined up REALLY stupid) and the worst attitudes during the games(and some even after their games). They always seem to be wearing the same clothes too. Always thought that was kinda gross.

Listening to them yell and say "Lets go!" After every damn play that is successful would drive me insane. It makes me wonder if you are allowed to put on headphones or w/e to drown your opponent out.

One of the games a guy was just struggling and was down like 13-6 going into the half and eventually ended up losing 20-6 and proceeded to slam his controller on the ground. If that doesn't scream poor sport, what does?

I turned it shortly after one of the players continued to run the FB dive with Michael Clayton at FB.

My beef is that Madden Nation depicts the wrong image for Video Game football. That is NOT what Madden is or should be about. Glitching and exploit abuse is not the right way to play the game.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 1

NFLHITMAN: Fights happen in the NFL and almost all sports becuase it is a physical event. These guys know that any violence will lead to disqualification. Most of the talking goes on during clutch times in the game. Like Jordan did to Karl Malone on the free throw line back when the Jazz played the Bulls for the chip. He came into the shooters area and wispered in his ear "The Mail Dont Get Delivered On Sundays" what happens, Malone misses the shot. or what about the one we see almost every Sunday when a coach tries to ice the other teams kicker. Its all mind games, and thats all that you are seeing on the tube. The producers are at fault for making the guys look like a-holes. They made Problem look like an A$$ last year, and that is one of the coolest guys in the tournament field and he also plays in a Passing League.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I forced myself to watch this last night. Guys with fake diamond earrings, hats to the side, goofy looking haircuts(one dude was lined up REALLY stupid) and the worst attitudes during the games(and some even after their games). They always seem to be wearing the same clothes too. Always thought that was kinda gross.

Listening to them yell and say "Lets go!" After every damn play that is successful would drive me insane. It makes me wonder if you are allowed to put on headphones or w/e to drown your opponent out.

One of the games a guy was just struggling and was down like 13-6 going into the half and eventually ended up losing 20-6 and proceeded to slam his controller on the ground. If that doesn't scream poor sport, what does?

I turned it shortly after one of the players continued to run the FB dive with Michael Clayton at FB.

My beef is that Madden Nation depicts the wrong image for Video Game football. That is NOT what Madden is or should be about. Glitching and exploit abuse is not the right way to play the game.
WTF does this have to do with Madden the game? I guess you always judge a book by its cover huh?

I hate people like you!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #101
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:

Nobody is disagreeing with you ,but really who cares? They can all set each other on fire for all I care. If I have a problem with what im watching I a)get the remote and b) change the channel period.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #102
Rookie

Quote:

What would you rely on if you found out you were scheduled to play and you got an hour with the game before it was your turn to play. The only time they would get lab time is if they were put into an elimination game. outside of that, how do you like yourself on Madden 10, 100,000 on the line and you have an hour to get ready.

Im not going to lie, im finding a play or two, and working it to death.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #103
Rookie

with all due respect, I'm not trying to change your opinion, I'm just trying to give you a more realistic view of how things really are. The guy who threw his controller is RG. Dynasty represent the hill that RG hasn't been able to get over. That adds some frustration when you have a dude right where you need him and then it doesn't go your way. Then throw that 100,000 in on it and you can see how that frustration level can build.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #104
MVP

OVR: 55

Alright I see some fingers pointing towards ESPN for allowing these children to act this way. You know they are in it for ratings... that's it. Because we know this the finger pointing turns another 180 degrees back to the fans of this show: the people of a high proportion who share the same values as the people on Madden Nation. My comments were geared towards society in general and this argument supports mine.

In sports oftentimes trash talking gets penalized in some sort or another. Does it get penalized in Madden Nation? I guess if competitive video games wants to line itself up with "WWE" or something they can keep up this junk. Why don't they schedule it right after WWE, Maury, and Jerry Springer. Sports gaming can do so much better. We are all better than that.

I could sum it up by saying I'd just like a competitive sports gaming show that isn't "low brow" television.

@ Hitman and Nerd: I'm glad you guys share my point of view. There's still more of us out there than we think.

I'm done commenting on this topic. I don't like getting into morality debates over the internet, but I figured I'd chime in to let readers know there are different points of views out there.

I hope one day we are all on Madden Nation playing sim ball, shaking hands and shutting our mouths

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »