Home

The Abomination that is Madden Nation

This is a discussion on The Abomination that is Madden Nation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: The Abomination that is Madden Nation

LOL...PhillyRon from the acclaimed VG Sports, whats good?

Now all we need is Michura, Kobra and the rest of the VG/Madden guys and this forum would get blown off the hinges!!

Welcome to OS and dont talk strategy, you'll be considered a cheeser over here.

Although, I agree, them guys hoppin up and down and all in someone elses face, hell no. $100k on the line or not, Ill achieve personal satisfaction of watching blood ooze outta a guys lip from me wackin him with the LT of a 360 controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #106
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

My beef with the show isn't the clothes and their styles of clothing and haircuts. Just thought it was funny and it is to me atleast.

They take cheesing and gimmick filled gameplay to heart. And its sad and hilarious at the same time. I dont care HOW hard you work. They work hard at gimmick gameplay. I wont admire that kind of work/dedication/persistence/whatever.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P
LOL...PhillyRon from the acclaimed VG Sports, whats good?

Now all we need is Michura, Kobra and the rest of the VG/Madden guys and this forum would get blown off the hinges!!

Welcome to OS and dont talk strategy, you'll be considered a cheeser over here.

Although, I agree, them guys hoppin up and down and all in someone elses face, hell no. $100k on the line or not, Ill achieve personal satisfaction of watching blood ooze outta a guys lip from me wackin him with the LT of a 360 controller.
Exactly!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wassup JP. I just trying to give some info on the guys that are being talked about. I hate how the show portrays these guys. I mean if I go by CreatineKasey that means the NFL caters to a bunch of couch potatoe drunks. I sure as hell aint one of them, but I do watch the games. I dont drink beer and never have, yet I have to sit and watch programming that parades half nude women and Coors or Miller Lite. Sounds close to WWE, which I don't watch either because it is disgusting to me.

Im not pointing fingers at all, I just know a whole lot more about the show and the people involved then most, and felt that the more knowledge a person has, the better decision they can make. If a person has something set in their mind, it really doesn't matter.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 13

Another thing to think about... these guys know that a punch can get you knocked out of the competition, so I wouldn't be shocked if they're hoping that they get annoying enough to where their opponent throws one and boom, easy win.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRon
No one has even thought about what the producers of the show are trying to portray.

As always, Philly Ron is on point. But still, Captain up in Dynastys face at the MC was pathetic. He should have gotten knocked out on principle alone.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
My beef with the show isn't the clothes and their styles of clothing and haircuts. Just thought it was funny and it is to me atleast.

They take cheesing and gimmick filled gameplay to heart. And its sad and hilarious at the same time. I dont care HOW hard you work. They work hard at gimmick gameplay. I wont admire that kind of work/dedication/persistence/whatever.

Thats NOT the show, THATS THE GAME! And when the game changes, and becomes a complete SIM (aka Simulation of NFL Football) than Each and Every one of these guys on Madden Nation will change their game to adapt. That is 100% fact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRon
Wassup JP. I just trying to give some info on the guys that are being talked about. I hate how the show portrays these guys. I mean if I go by CreatineKasey that means the NFL caters to a bunch of couch potatoe drunks. I sure as hell aint one of them, but I do watch the games. I dont drink beer and never have, yet I have to sit and watch programming that parades half nude women and Coors or Miller Lite. Sounds close to WWE, which I don't watch either because it is disgusting to me.

Im not pointing fingers at all, I just know a whole lot more about the show and the people involved then most, and felt that the more knowledge a person has, the better decision they can make. If a person has something set in their mind, it really doesn't matter.

While I do agree with your assessment of knowing the players and the TV portrays them differently.

The problem lies in many posters not understanding that not all Madden players are playing the game for fun, they are playing to win.

Madden Challenge, to some, is a goal once the game is bought. Not too many people, who participate in the MC, play fair, they are playing to win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »