Home

The Abomination that is Madden Nation

This is a discussion on The Abomination that is Madden Nation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #121
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The Abomination that is Madden Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
You nailed it also, well said!
Thanks Cap.

Yeah...I do feel as though there is some truth to it. Kinda neat you caught that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #122
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

@CapnKill

I don't say they are bad or have no skills. But you cant sit there and say that they would be good without abusing something that is wrong within the game. I.E. FB dives, QB sneaks, Rocket catches, QB scrambles.

Are you impressed by a batter hitting 70 HRs on steroids?
Or by a car beating another using Nos?

My comparisons are a bit exaggerated in the magnitude of each. But its a simple comparison in a point I'm trying to make.

I'm just not impressed by the players. Thats all.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 1

I find it very amusing watching Secret in the Madden commercial: "I went for two and did a FB dive up the middle, no one else would have done that, and that's why I'm the best." WHAT A JOKE. No respect for him what so ever.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
@CapnKill

I don't say they are bad or have no skills. But you cant sit there and say that they would be good without abusing something that is wrong within the game. I.E. FB dives, QB sneaks, Rocket catches, QB scrambles.
That is exactly what I'm saying. These guys are very good, and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that these guys would be just as good playing nothing but sim ball.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #125
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballinology
I find it very amusing watching Secret in the Madden commercial: "I went for two and did a FB dive up the middle, no one else would have done that, and that's why I'm the best." WHAT A JOKE. No respect for him what so ever.
Yes I found that strange as well. Who wouldn't do a FB Dive in Madden 09 or 08 for 100k? That's almost a sure thing sadly enough... but once again, I don't blame him, I blame the FB Dive for being overly effective, and that's certainly not his fault.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 8

id like nothing more then to see the abolishment of this joke of a competition, due to nothing other then the overwhelming sim nature of Madden 10 forcing these cheap exploit players to find another game to ruin online
Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
lol so only blacks can do that?

Ughh this whole thread is a mess...
No but it is rather stupid when you know at least 80% of the people on that have no reason to act "gangsta" or tough because they aren't, most of them are suburban kids that probably never got in any real fights and act like that because they think being" gangsta" will scare someone away from fighting them...

for the ones that actually grew up in a tough neighborhood this is real annoying and infuriating when you grew up in poverty around a lot of gang activity going on around you it was act "gangsta" or get a beat down for acting smarter or more sophisticated then them....

color does not tie into it at all at least not in my mind...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #128
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
No but it is rather stupid when you know at least 80% of the people on that have no reason to act "gangsta" or tough because they aren't, most of them are suburban kids that probably never got in any real fights and act like that because they think being" gangsta" will scare someone away from fighting them...

for the ones that actually grew up in a tough neighborhood this is real annoying and infuriating when you grew up in poverty around a lot of gang activity going on around you it was act "gangsta" or get a beat down for acting smarter or more sophisticated then them....

color does not tie into it at all at least not in my mind...
I agree with you in terms of that. All I'm saying is that the whole "act black" and "act white" thing gets on my nerves. Guess it does since I was known in middle/high school for being an "oreo" (even though I am mixed anyways) just because I don't act "gangsta".

In a way I think of it as a compliment (since they said it because they felt I dressed appropriately, talked well, etc.) but it's still dumb overall imo.

Anywho, this thread should have been locked a while ago

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »