Home

The Abomination that is Madden Nation

This is a discussion on The Abomination that is Madden Nation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #57

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: The Abomination that is Madden Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
What would you do for 100K?
I'm sorry but I would Cheese my a** off lol. I don't blame them really thats alot of money I would do whatever it takes.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #58

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Ha! I was wondering when someone would dig that thread up.

I find it pretty telling that the thread titles are the exact same.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:19 AM   #59
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'll speak, seeing as the posts about "hip-hop" and And1 were made by me. Madden Nation is representative of what is wrong with Madden and, by and large, what is wrong with our society. These guys use exploits to win. Flaws in the game and call that being good. Long story short, they CHEAT. Doesn't matter if it's for money, ask the Wall Street bankers and Enron guys about that... As to the racism claims, I'm black. Well, half. But it isn't about color. It's about a fake persona and making up new rules when the old ones were just fine. I'm entertained by And1 ball, but how many of those guys make the NBA? They don't play real B-ball, and it doesn't translate to the "real world."

BTW, those guys on the show aren't all black, and I both meant and knew that when I made my post. They are rather clownish to me, someone else who is trying to be something "new" and "hip" when the old stuff has worked just fine forever. Sorry, but I'll take someone who dresses properly and knows that you wear suits and ties on gameday. Someone who the rules actually matter to. I'm not condemming the hip-hop culture or the MN guys for ethnic reasons, it's just that these guys are the latest fakery to try and replace the values of fairness and sportsmanship and justify it by saying it's for money.... That said, I really pray that Ian gives us a game where a coach can beat a cheeser. That's what this game is supposed to be, a football sim. So here's to hoping I get my game!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 04-20-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 24

I still laugh at the "coach cam"...

"I think if he sets up in the 3-4, I'm gonna audible to a slant and catch him napping in the zone".

Why can't they just tell the truth instead of trying to sound like Bellicheck?

"I'll just use the HB direct snap over and over and over and over.......dawg".
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'll speak, seeing as the posts about "hip-hop" and And1 were made by me. Madden Nation is representative of what is wrong with Madden and, by and large, what is wrong with our society. These guys use exploits to win. Flaws in the game and call that being good. Long story short, they CHEAT. Doesn't matter if it's for money, ask the Wall Street bankers and Enron guys about that... As to the racism claims, I'm black. Well, half. But it isn't about color. It's about a fake persona and making up new rules when the old ones were just fine. I'm entertained by And1 ball, but how many of those guys make the NBA? They don't play real B-ball, and it doesn't translate to the "real world."

BTW, those guys on the show aren't all black, and I both meant and knew that when I made my post. They are rather clownish to me, someone else who is trying to be something "new" and "hip" when the old stuff has worked just fine forever. Sorry, but I'll take someone who dresses properly and knows that you wear suits and ties on gameday. Someone who the rules actually matter to. I'm not condemming the hip-hop culture or the MN guys for ethnic reasons, it's just that these guys are the latest fakery to try and replace the values of fairness and sportsmanship and justify it by saying it's for money.... That said, I really pray that Ian gives us a game where a coach can beat a cheeser. That's what this game is supposed to be, a football sim. So here's to hoping I get my game!
Great post, couldnt agree more. Has nothing to do with race. Im black also, and I can spot fake thugs and wanna be gangsters a mile away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 21

It's too bad this show sucks so bad! If it were just a show about Madden SIM gamers I'd watch every single episode. I guess they'd have to actually broadast more of the games too, since I don't care at all about the personalities of the gamers. Then again, I absolutely hate reality television, so I'm bias...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 22

That Show is Truly an Abomination to Football, Madden Cheese Nation.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Yeah, I told Kornstar I wanted to play him. He said ok, game me his GT. I sent a friend request and he declined, never came back here.
1. Kornstar would humiliate you.

2. Why is it that so many 'sim' ballers think that these guys couldn't play Madden in any way, shape, or form in which it was created? Who here thinks that they could beat K Star, Big Gene, Truth, Problem, Neph, Chow, or any of the other elite players in the country in next years game? In 2011? In Head Coach? What the hell makes you think they won't adapt their game to win in Any situation? These are professionals, and as sad as that may sound (and probably, rightfully so) THIS IS WHAT THEY DO!

An elite tournament player will do what it takes to win. Period. Its on the designers of the game to make that resemble true NFL football. Hate the game, not the player. When there is money on the line, why wouldn't you do whatever it took to win?

One other way to look at this.... If it wasn't for these type of players, guys willing to put in hundreds of hours of lab time over a season to perfect their 'cheese' and 'money plays', none of this stuff would come out. I would argue that The Madden Lab has done more for exploiting the problems in this game than anyone at OS ever has. They put every glitch, every nano, every money play out there in the open for Everyone to use. I would argue that in the long run, this is better for the health of the franchise than the 'Sim' community who follows their own little rules and guidelines to make the game what they want. Shouldn't the game that comes out of the box be NFL football?

Last edited by tmulk; 04-20-2009 at 10:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »