Home

The Abomination that is Madden Nation

This is a discussion on The Abomination that is Madden Nation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
The Abomination that is Madden Nation

So I was watching some of the episodes of Madden Nation challenge that comes on ESPN. Its funny how alot of those guys really claim and think they know all there is to know about the game of football, and act like little wanna be gansters on there. I also notice while watching these guys playing Madden 09 that alot of gameplay issues that I didn't like - how players run and cut on a dime unrealistically and how the QB can run around 30 yards back an launch the ball. Alot of things I've noticed where things Ian is addressing with Madden10, thank god. After watching a few episodes of this, alot of those guys don't seem to play really SIM football, and only use one or two plays all game and use cheese tactics.

With Madden10 I am so glad this seems to be a turning point with the series and Ian wants it to be more SIM. After watching this show I really hope Ian sticks by his statement -

"For the future vision of Madden, we want a football coach that's never played Madden before to be able to take down a Madden Challenge competitor."
- Lead Designer Ian Cummings

I see now why alot of people are not a fan of that Madden challenge show that like to try to play SIM ball. If Madden10 turns out like we hope it too, I guess alot of those guys will be the ones complaining about the game now. After watching that show it really made me appreciate what Ian is trying to do with the Madden series now, thank you Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Abomination that is Madden Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So I was watching some of the episodes of Madden Nation challenge that comes on ESPN. Its funny how alot of those guys really claim and think they know all there is to know about the game of football, and act like little wanna be gansters on there. I also notice while watching these guys playing Madden 09 that alot of gameplay issues that I didn't like - how players run and cut on a dime unrealistically and how the QB can run around 30 yards back an launch the ball. Alot of things I've noticed where things Ian is addressing with Madden10, thank god. After watching a few episodes of this, alot of those guys don't seem to play really SIM football, and only use one or two plays all game and use cheese tactics.

With Madden10 I am so glad this seems to be a turning point with the series and Ian wants it to be more SIM. After watching this show I really hope Ian sticks by his statement -

"For the future vision of Madden, we want a football coach that's never played Madden before to be able to take down a Madden Challenge competitor."

I see now why alot of people are not a fan of that Madden challenge show that like to try to play SIM ball. If Madden10 turns out like we hope it too, I guess alot of those guys will be the ones complaining about the game now. After watching that show it really made me appreciate what Ian is trying to do with the Madden series now, thank you Ian.
Don't remind me of that show! These dudes act like they know football, when half of them probably never finished HS. All they do is cheese in that show, its ****in annoying.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

That show is not geared towards my audience...so I don't watch it. At all.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
That show is not geared towards my audience...so I don't watch it. At all.
Yeah, when I first seen it I thought "Wtf?"

Sometimes I see it on, but never tune in. I did a few times, but just for laughs... no joke that **** is funny.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

LMAO never finished high school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams

Agreed.
I feel the same way.
These same people are going to defiantly be the ones to complain. I cannot and will not ever respect players of madden nation. Lol, you are right in reference to them being fake wanna be gangstas. They look so foolish and ridiculous.

I saw one show where it showed some of the contestants living area. Let me tell you, it was not pretty. These guys do nothing but play Madden 24/7, constantly finding tactics to cheese. They had cereal boxes and trash everywhere. I would not be surprised if any of those guys showered on a daily basis.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?

Last edited by l NErd l; 04-19-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

The 'gamers' on that show represent everything that is wrong with competitive gaming.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

WTF?

Its just a game!!!

Some of you cats that hate on Madden Nation act is if you never played your boys around the corner in madden.

LOL @ "WANNA BE GANGSTERS" and "NEVER FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL"....PLEASE!

Some of you guys are a joke and really think you know alot since you "always play sim ball". So I guess if you play SIM/Realistic ball you live in a great house with 6 cars making $200,000 a year huh?

Last edited by djordan; 04-19-2009 at 07:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »