Home

Old 04-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: ESPN License

I'd be happy if they simply went and used ESPN simply for it's in game commentators... It'd be nice to have two sets of commentators... Those for EA and those for ESPN, that way they could at least have twice as much speech and maybe a less likely chance of "He decleated him" being said every other time a guy makes a tackle...
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 AM   #10
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd like to see them do something like 2k did in 2k5. Like halftime shows and a show at the end of every week would be a good start.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
I'd like to see them do something like 2k did in 2k5. Like halftime shows and a show at the end of every week would be a good start.
Yea man, i think the majority of us want that. Question is, does EA know that and if they do, do they ever intend on implementing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

I actually see no real point in Madden even having the exclusive rights to ESPN and NFL both when they aren't going to use the ESPN. If Madden 10' and later releases plan to have a real simulation of Professional football than either the NFL network has to be used or ESPN, PERIOD. A "Madden" presentation and broadcast is totally unrealistic and I am almost sick of looking at it.

EA knows that Madden fans prefer them to use ESPN, but I don't think they will do to NFL 2K previous use of it. There's no way in the world where you have over 10+ Madden releases and not realize that your fans want this, they just don't want to do it.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't understand why everyone says they don't use the ESPN license. They have the real time ticker on the bottom and in-game sportscenters. They use the license, just not for game presentation.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
I don't understand why everyone says they don't use the ESPN license. They have the real time ticker on the bottom and in-game sportscenters. They use the license, just not for game presentation.
Haha, a ticker? Really? C'mon man. Thats a good enough use of that license? A ticker? Does anyone know what it cost EA to purchase those rights? All they have to show for it is a ticker?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
I'd be happy if they simply went and used ESPN simply for it's in game commentators... It'd be nice to have two sets of commentators... Those for EA and those for ESPN, that way they could at least have twice as much speech and maybe a less likely chance of "He decleated him" being said every other time a guy makes a tackle...
Couple of things, firstly the audio takes up a lot of the disk space on Madden (and NCAA) and so there's little possibility of having multiple commentary teams in game. Secondly, I'd rather set fire to my own hair and then put it out with a shovel than listen to Tony Kornheiser commentate on Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

I call bull**** on "no disk space"...have you guys ever played GTA IV? Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Play those games and then tell me that Madden doesn't have enough "disk space". It's just another excuse for EA to give us bull****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »