Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #9
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: ESPN License

I'd be happy if they simply went and used ESPN simply for it's in game commentators... It'd be nice to have two sets of commentators... Those for EA and those for ESPN, that way they could at least have twice as much speech and maybe a less likely chance of "He decleated him" being said every other time a guy makes a tackle...
Swingking77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 AM   #10
Rookie
 
Americas Team1's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: ESPN License

I'd like to see them do something like 2k did in 2k5. Like halftime shows and a show at the end of every week would be a good start.
Americas Team1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: College
Re: ESPN License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
I'd like to see them do something like 2k did in 2k5. Like halftime shows and a show at the end of every week would be a good start.
Yea man, i think the majority of us want that. Question is, does EA know that and if they do, do they ever intend on implementing it?
ProjectSRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
Banned
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Re: ESPN License

I actually see no real point in Madden even having the exclusive rights to ESPN and NFL both when they aren't going to use the ESPN. If Madden 10' and later releases plan to have a real simulation of Professional football than either the NFL network has to be used or ESPN, PERIOD. A "Madden" presentation and broadcast is totally unrealistic and I am almost sick of looking at it.

EA knows that Madden fans prefer them to use ESPN, but I don't think they will do to NFL 2K previous use of it. There's no way in the world where you have over 10+ Madden releases and not realize that your fans want this, they just don't want to do it.
ncaa07jones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
Rookie
 
tylerd02's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Re: ESPN License

I don't understand why everyone says they don't use the ESPN license. They have the real time ticker on the bottom and in-game sportscenters. They use the license, just not for game presentation.
tylerd02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: College
Re: ESPN License

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
I don't understand why everyone says they don't use the ESPN license. They have the real time ticker on the bottom and in-game sportscenters. They use the license, just not for game presentation.
Haha, a ticker? Really? C'mon man. Thats a good enough use of that license? A ticker? Does anyone know what it cost EA to purchase those rights? All they have to show for it is a ticker?
ProjectSRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Re: ESPN License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
I'd be happy if they simply went and used ESPN simply for it's in game commentators... It'd be nice to have two sets of commentators... Those for EA and those for ESPN, that way they could at least have twice as much speech and maybe a less likely chance of "He decleated him" being said every other time a guy makes a tackle...
Couple of things, firstly the audio takes up a lot of the disk space on Madden (and NCAA) and so there's little possibility of having multiple commentary teams in game. Secondly, I'd rather set fire to my own hair and then put it out with a shovel than listen to Tony Kornheiser commentate on Madden.
mjgill85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: ESPN License

I call bull**** on "no disk space"...have you guys ever played GTA IV? Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Play those games and then tell me that Madden doesn't have enough "disk space". It's just another excuse for EA to give us bull****.
xtoddx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Top -