Home

Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #17
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: ESPN License

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
I call bull**** on "no disk space"...have you guys ever played GTA IV? Elder Scrolls Oblivion? Play those games and then tell me that Madden doesn't have enough "disk space". It's just another excuse for EA to give us bull****.
So you're a programmer?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
I actually see no real point in Madden even having the exclusive rights to ESPN and NFL both when they aren't going to use the ESPN. If Madden 10' and later releases plan to have a real simulation of Professional football than either the NFL network has to be used or ESPN, PERIOD. A "Madden" presentation and broadcast is totally unrealistic and I am almost sick of looking at it.

EA knows that Madden fans prefer them to use ESPN, but I don't think they will do to NFL 2K previous use of it. There's no way in the world where you have over 10+ Madden releases and not realize that your fans want this, they just don't want to do it.
Ughh...

thought people knew by now on here about the whole NFL license (NFL network) vs. ESPN situation; the reason why there can't be ESPN in-game presentation
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Ughh...

thought people knew by now on here about the whole NFL license (NFL network) vs. ESPN situation; the reason why there can't be ESPN in-game presentation
I do not buy that. They would have known that before they spent the millions on purchasing the license. If thats the case there is NO reason for EA to hold on to that license other than for the sole reason of keeping their competitors away from it, which is just shady business.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #20
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Ughh...

actually totally unaware... what happened?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
I do not buy that. They would have known that before they spent the millions on purchasing the license. If thats the case there is NO reason for EA to hold on to that license other than for the sole reason of keeping their competitors away from it, which is just shady business.
FYI, they have used ESPN in-game presentation in other sports games outside of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
So you're a programmer?
Dude...you don't have to be a programmer to notice how much better and more detailed GTA and Oblivion are compared to Madden. GTA features 9-12 (can't remember) radio stations with I'd say about an hour of unique commentary and music on each one...you're going to tell me that Madden can't fit in more commentary on an already broken football game? Oblivion features hundereds of hours of commentary by a ton of different people...and Madden can't fit two more in? And **** you man, are YOU a programmer? Where do you get off saying that in the first place?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #23
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
Dude...you don't have to be a programmer to notice how much better and more detailed GTA and Oblivion are compared to Madden. GTA features 9-12 (can't remember) radio stations with I'd say about an hour of unique commentary and music on each one...you're going to tell me that Madden can't fit in more commentary on an already broken football game? Oblivion features hundereds of hours of commentary by a ton of different people...and Madden can't fit two more in? And **** you man, are YOU a programmer? Where do you get off saying that in the first place?
You are talking about the game like you actually know everything that goes into it which is why I asked. I also don't think it's a good idea to compare games of different genres since they involve putting different things into their games.

Do you think sports games as a whole are less detailed than sandbox/RPG games (which btw have always been known for being very long, open world games) or just Madden?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

A disk is a disk...all video games are written with code. What would the genre matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »