Home

Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #41
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: ESPN License

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
I was talking about Madden because this is the MADDEN forum, this thread is ABOUT Madden. Why would I compare it to any other game? I honestly don't want to keep going because you obviously have no self awareness and just think you are right, regardless of the facts that are sitting in front of you. The amount of stats and customization in Oblivion vs Madden is way more. And yes, I can compare an RPG to Madden because like I said before, all games use code, and all games are on the same size disk. My main point is that if Oblivion and GTA can be ridiculous in detail and have excellent A.I, there's no reason Madden can't do something similar, or at least add interactive sidelines, or more commentators, or a ridiculous amount of other things wrong this game.

BTW I can tell you had nothing to say because you felt the need to correct me on uniformS....get real.
They have already said that they couldn't add more commentating audio when ones asked if the tony bruno radio show will be coming back. Take it for what you want. Yes RPGs period have always had more customization than sports games (though sports games have gotten closer as the years have gone by). All I'm saying is that this would be a better comparison if there was another sports game with 2 sets of announcers than a game that has nothing to do with what you are comparing it to.

And yes I said uniforms because teams have more than just one including the alternative ones (and you made it sound like they only have one).

Also in terms of interactive sidelines, the graphics would take a hit if they had them.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-20-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #42
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
http://www.stripesonfire.com/nsc/

for the two guys arguing...

09 and oblivion take up the same amount of space.
Thanks for that.

I could have ended this argument real fast but that list didn't come to my mind at the time lol.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1

Dude...alternate jerseys really don't take up any memory...They probably have the same UV Map for each type of player depending on body type, and all that UV Map is, is an image file that can be wrapped around a 3D model. Those things take up practically no space! The textures and bit mapping are probably even pre-made so then all you have to do is change the fonts, colors, logos, etc, which is pretty damn easy to do. THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT HAVE MORE COMMENTARY. What in this game justifiably takes up so much disc space??? I would be willing to bet that whatever engine they use is taking up too much space then it should...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
They have already said that they couldn't add more commentating audio when ones asked if the tony bruno radio show will be coming back. Take it for what you want. Yes RPGs period have always had more customization than sports games (though sports games have gotten closer as the years have gone by). All I'm saying is that this would be a better comparison if there was another sports game with 2 sets of announcers than a game that has nothing to do with what you are comparing it to.

And yes I said uniforms because teams have more than just one including the alternative ones (and you made it sound like they only have one).

Also in terms of interactive sidelines, the graphics would take a hit if they had them.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #44
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDoceHombre
Dude...alternate jerseys really don't take up any memory...They probably have the same UV Map for each type of player depending on body type, and all that UV Map is, is an image file that can be wrapped around a 3D model. Those things take up practically no space! The textures and bit mapping are probably even pre-made so then all you have to do is change the fonts, colors, logos, etc, which is pretty damn easy to do. THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT HAVE MORE COMMENTARY. What in this game justifiably takes up so much disc space??? I would be willing to bet that whatever engine they use is taking up too much space then it should...
I never said the jerseys took up space. All I did was correct him when he said "jersey".

Really, until there's another sports game that has more commentators with the same number of audio tracks, (like I've been saying before) this argument is just pointless imo.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Oblivion and Madden having the same amount of stuff on the disc only proves my point even more. Oblivion could fit a ton of awesome stuff onto one disc, and Madden apparently can't even have helmets for the Pro Bowl. I could care less about more commentators, that wasn't my point, my point was that your "excuse" for not having it (no disc space) was completely invalid and wrong. And obviously you could've ended that argument sooner, because you totally did and proved me wrong /sarcasm.

Also, it was a typo I just forgot an S, you didn't prove anything. I'm well aware that teams have more than one jersey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #46
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
Oblivion and Madden having the same amount of stuff on the disc only proves my point even more. Oblivion could fit a ton of awesome stuff onto one disc, and Madden apparently can't even have helmets for the Pro Bowl. I could care less about more commentators, that wasn't my point, my point was that your "excuse" for not having it (no disc space) was completely invalid and wrong. And obviously you could've ended that argument sooner, because you totally did and proved me wrong /sarcasm.

Also, it was a typo I just forgot an S, you didn't prove anything. I'm well aware that teams have more than one jersey.
I didn't make it as an excuse. The people who work on the game said it.

Yeah I could of used that chart because it shows there's things in sports games that RPGS don't have and vice versa. Due to this RPGs are able to be deep and both of the games taking up the same amount of space should show this. Again, we should leave this to just sports games.

Also, I kinda figured it was a typo, but you were being so general that I didn't know whether or not you actually meant it.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #47
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

you two need to get on xbl and play bills vs lions and whoever wins there, wins the argument.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #48
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
you two need to get on xbl and play bills vs lions and whoever wins there, wins the argument.
lol I doubt that it would settle it.

But yeah, I just want the "argument" to be done for. Hopefully you guys can see where I'm coming from. I just don't think it's fair to compare a game whose genre is known for creating deep, open world, long games to a sports game. They consist of different things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »