Home

Vision Cone

This is a discussion on Vision Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #25
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon14 Re: Vision Cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Excellent. The cone was the worst feature ever, and made worse by the fact that they forced us to use it.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
I couldn't agree with you more. I hope it never sees the light of day in any Madden game ever again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #26
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Vision Cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
I loved it but come on we dont see a big bright light on the field coming from quarterback eyes in real football games on sunday. The new P.Awarness will surely take care of what the cone brought but without that god freaking light, and should take care of more then the passing game.

Boy o boy please dont ever put Alex Smith in the same breath as Peyton Manning.
Sorry I was trying to make a point! LOL

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
I know alot of ppl dont like it but I think it needs to be in the game.When you play offline you should be able to turn it off but it should be on at all times online.Ppl want a realistic game but dont want them to add a realistic feature in the game.In real life QBs dont see every square inch of the field at once.
The controls were too difficult for the majority of Madden players to grasp unfortunately.

Personally I loved the vision cone and thought it was one of the best features ever implemented in a Madden game... but sadly majority rules and its safe to say that it will never be back

Without the vision cone there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to look off a human controlled safety which is sad, because it really added another chess match to the on-line game that is now gone.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
The controls were too difficult for the majority of Madden players to grasp unfortunately.

Personally I loved the vision cone and thought it was one of the best features ever implemented in a Madden game... but sadly majority rules and its safe to say that it will never be back

Without the vision cone there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to look off a human controlled safety which is sad, because it really added another chess match to the on-line game that is now gone.

I am not even going to comment much on this post, due to the fact that it has been beaten to death. 94niners and a lot of others and I went back and forth,lol.

I will say this though, I agree with your opinion Capnkill....

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by l NErd l
I am not even going to comment much on this post, due to the fact that it has been beaten to death. 94niners and a lot of others and I went back and forth,lol.

I will say this though, I agree with your opinion Capnkill....
Yeah, it certainly is a subject that pops up every other week it seems I've certainly come to terms with the fact that the Vision Cone as we know it will never come back into Madden, but maybe something else that is a bit more subtle but yet delivers the same experience will surface sooner or later... there's always hope
Old 04-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #30
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Once again you never hear any NFL QB complain about a lack of vision. They talk about making the wrong reads even the speed of the game. Good defenses confuse QB's they dont limit there vision. The best thing about the cone was that you couldnt not see the entire field. But If giving the choice between cone or no cone im taking the cone.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Once again you never hear any NFL QB complain about a lack of vision. They talk about making the wrong reads even the speed of the game. Good defenses confuse QB's they dont limit there vision. The best thing about the cone was that you couldnt not see the entire field. But If giving the choice between cone or no cone im taking the cone.
Not true at all... Doug Fleuti, Jeff Garcia, and some of the shorter QBs all complain about not being able to see all the time, which results in them having to scramble more to get an open look downfeild...

The problem with the cone wasn't so much the concept as it was the execution and complicated nature of it... Even a steering wheel would appear to be a stupid idea if you had to use your feet to work it... The double click would be simple and allow players an easier way of using it while keep some of the realism of QB vision...

Anyone who doen't think that vision is a huge part of QBs has never concidered why they only use the grills which don't obscure their vision... Peripheral vision is huge in ALL sports! The only peopl who really had a hard time of it were mainly player who like to scramble with the QB and as such the controls got hard...

As for the "light" not being in real life... If you're going to go this way, we might as well remove the button indicators as well, we don't see those in real life either... Gimme a break, what a weak argument... Even if we didn't see the light, at least having the concept or physics for something like this would be great, it wouldn'tbe so much about faking out real players as it is faking out CPU players to exploit an unaware human player...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #32
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

One of the advantages we have when paying offense is the ability to see the whole field, something NO QB can do. If they ever want to make the game really challenging, they could black out the entire area except for the part of the field the QB could actually see. Then you'd really see some defensive battles, and a a LOT more running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »