Home

If we can't have a play editor, how about custom hot routes?

This is a discussion on If we can't have a play editor, how about custom hot routes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which would be a good solution if Phil can't get a play editor done by ship day?
Custom hot route system with pre-set hot routes (ala last gen) 5 19.23%
Custom hot route system with a create-a-route feature 9 34.62%
Allow for imported plays, then complete the web-based play editor after ship day. 7 26.92%
Dude, give it a rest. I don't care about this issue. 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
If we can't have a play editor, how about custom hot routes?

I remember when we had a custom hot route system. It was ok, but the main problem was that you could not create your own routes. If we had a route creation tool that would be just as good as a play editor, from a strategic standpoint.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as large to build as a complete play creation tool, and would give us SOME control over our offenses.

Custom defensive hot routes would also be great. Nothing stops cheeze like custom zone coverages.

Another possible solution to the time crunch is to simply make it so plays can be imported into the game (like NCAA draft classes) and then work on making an online play creator post-release. That seems like cheap and easy solution that at least leaves the possibility of making our own plays in '10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: If we can't have a play editor, how about custom hot routes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I remember when we had a custom hot route system. It was ok, but the main problem was that you could not create your own routes. If we had a route creation tool that would be just as good as a play editor, from a strategic standpoint.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as large to build as a complete play creation tool, and would give us SOME control over our offenses.

Custom defensive hot routes would also be great. Nothing stops cheeze like custom zone coverages.

Another possible solution to the time crunch is to simply make it so plays can be imported into the game (like NCAA draft classes) and then work on making an online play creator post-release. That seems like cheap and easy solution that at least leaves the possibility of making our own plays in '10.
100% Agreed Lets Put Pressure on EA to Bring this to Madden 10
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

yes!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
100% Agreed Lets Put Pressure on EA to Bring this to Madden 10
Doing the best I can, Prime!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 23

Assumign there is no play editor in Madden '10, this is a good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
MVP

It's pretty crazy to think that the best play editor I've ever seen in a football video game was in Unnecessary Roughness about 15 years ago. (Of course, it had the hilarious bug where you could place the QB to take the snap from under center, but then move him all the way to the sideline, and the C would snap the ball all the way over to him.)

It'd be nice for Madden to take another stab at a play editor. Hell, at this point, I'll just take custom playbooks back.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

The custom hot route feature in the Wii version of last year's Madden was really great. It's a shame that something like it isn't in the actual next-gen version of this game.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I like the idea of a "create-a-route" feature. There's been times where I felt a receiver should run a skinny post instead of a deep post, and didn't have the option to designate that route to him. Creating your own routes would solve a lot of those issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »