Home

Expectations of Madden 10......

This is a discussion on Expectations of Madden 10...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are your expectations for Madden 10?
Best Football Game Ever - 32 25.40%
Best Madden Ever - 50 39.68%
Better than Last year - 38 30.16%
Same as Last year - 6 4.76%
Worse than Last Year - 0 0%
Worst Madden Ever - 0 0%
Worst Football Game Ever - 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Expectations of Madden 10......

I'll admit, with all the blogs and tiny pieces of info coming out, I'm excited about this year's Madden. Actually, I haven't been this excited about Madden in a loooooong time. Maybe Madden 03 was the last time I was this giddy for the game. I'm curious though. I see posts all over the place on the boards. Some, like me, seem to want to get their hands on the game now, and some still "don't believe the hype". So I wanna know what are YOUR expectations for the game. Personally I think it will be the best Madden ever. It'll be hard pressed to be the best football game ever. Even though Super Tecmo Bowl wasn't sim, I spent thousands and thousands of hours playing that game. Til this date, it is still my first love when it comes to genuine football fun. In fact, I wish they would bring it to the Wii so me and my son could play it. Anyway, how good do you think it will be?

EDIT: No one can seriously be thinking the last 2 options right? Also, for those that think it will be the best Madden ever, but not the best football game ever, please post what game you think is the best football game ever. I'm just curious.

Last edited by splff3000; 04-19-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Expectations of Madden 10......

based on the gameplay info we are getting............yes I am excited about the gameplay aspect. But with no mention of any atmosphere/presnetation improvements yet, that sucks. Most likely that is still to come........I hope
Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Honestly man, I'm ready to go at it now. Everything else is just icing on the cake for me.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it could be the best Madden to date. I am liking everthing that I am hearing but unitl we see it you just never know cause we always get this kind of hype. We have never gotten this kind of up close interaction with the devs so I am feeling a lot more optimistic about this years.

I hope it will be the best football game ever but it would have to make some big strides in my eyes to catch 2k8 which I think is the best of the best. If it gets close I will be loving Madden and will be putting in some serious hours.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

It will be the first actual current gen madden balanced in all areas which compliment each other. Graphics, gameplay and presentation. But I would like them to improve their sounds it doesn't quite sound pads hitting each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

At this point I can see it being the best Madden ever.

Best Football game ever? I don't think that's possible in one development cycle.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

If the gameplay improvements mentioned already work, and are combined with a 2k5 style presentation... BEST GAME EVER... unfortunately I'm more of a realist and don't think it's gonna happen. Most certainly will be an improvement on last year though.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I think it could be the best Madden to date. I am liking everthing that I am hearing but unitl we see it you just never know cause we always get this kind of hype. We have never gotten this kind of up close interaction with the devs so I am feeling a lot more optimistic about this years.

I hope it will be the best football game ever but it would have to make some big strides in my eyes to catch 2k8 which I think is the best of the best. If it gets close I will be loving Madden and will be putting in some serious hours.
I feel 2k8 could have been great. It lacked that one thing though..........NFL teams. If they had made some kind of way to customize it so you can make teams look like NFL teams then I would have been all over it. It still was a good game though. There were a lot of "did you see that" moments thats for sure. Overall though it got old playing with made up teams. I have to play with my Raaaiders. I could have dealt with some team that resembled them though with that game. Oh well. It would've been nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »